𝟐𝟕|| 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩

"You simply cannot come with us, Reina

"You simply cannot come with us, Reina. It's too dangerous at the moment!"

She's stubborn. She's so fucking stubborn. For the last hour, Reina has been fighting with me on coming with us on an attack we're doing tonight. We are attacking one of the Korean's warehouse that we located a couple of weeks ago and supposedly where her uncle is hiding.

But I can't let her come with us. It's too dangerous.

"Why not?! I'm a grown ass woman, you can't tell me what to do!" She pokes my chest, pushing back to my seat.

"I am! You are staying home, end of!" I slam my hand on the desk, unintentionally raising my voice and regretted every second of it because she just flinched.

She flinched.

A squeal leaves her mouth, she raises her hands to her face as if she was defending herself and she stumbles back in fear. All of a sudden my mouth becomes dry, I stand still as I watch my own wife become terrified of me.

"R-Reina I-"

"Don't. You can go do the fucking attack on your own." Her voice cracks, in pain, in denial, scared. She can't even look at me. I try to reach out for her but before I do she heads towards the door. I watch her go, guilt trips over me repeatedly as I know this time I fucking messed up.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I mutter under my breath, my chest feels heavy all of a sudden. It was my anger that came over me, the anger that wanted to tell her not to come the right way but instead it lashed out on her as if I was going to hit her.

Silence descended in my office, my heart pulsates loud, my body motionless - stubborn to go after her. I disappointed her. She's scared of me now, she has fear in those honey eyes of hers, she tried to hide herself from getting hurt and it's all because I yelled.

What should I do now?

There's a few hours till we have to go attack so I could go talk to her but would she want to especially what I've done? I fall back on my chair, taking my phone out and calling the one person who would tell me what to do.

(Italics is his mother speaking on the phone)

"Hola mi hijo." (Hello my son.)

"M-Mama."

"Mi dulce chico, ¿qué pasó? Suena-" (My sweet boy, what happened?! You sound-)

"Me equivoqué mamá. Me equivoqué a lo grande." (I messed up mama. I messed up big time.)

"Santiago querido, ¿qué pasa? ¿Le hizo algo a Reina? ¿Está bien? ¿Estás bien? Hijo, me estás asustando." (Santiago darling, what's wrong? Did something to Reina? Is she okay? Are you okay? Son, you're scaring me.)

How am I meant to tell my own mother that I yelled at my wife and she got scared? Especially knowing what she's been through, well partially. It's like a lump stuck in my throat, not wanting to tell her because I know she'll be disappointed in me.