𝟑𝟏|| 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐞

Cold. That's how my body feels right now. Confused. That's how this whole thing feels. For the past twenty four hours, I've been staring out the window, blank and bewildered. I've washed my body at least ten times already but his mark is still on his neck and his dirty touches were initialed on my body.

That part of my neck is plastered up because I can't dare to see it again. And do you know what's this done?

It's made me avoid my own husband.

I haven't let Santi touch me, sleep with me, talk to me ever since we've come home. I haven't let my brothers see me. I can't let any man touch me again because he ruined me. Santi has been trying to come in, hoping that I would talk to him but from my eyes, all I see is disgust in his eyes.

"Reina, they are dying for you to talk to them. They can't see you like this. I can't see you like this." Isabel touches my shoulder, her voice gentle but painful as she speaks to me.

"Izzy, I can't let them see this broken girl. That girl eighteen years ago is back. I've always been that girl." My words come out shaky so Isabel pulls me into her arms.

"They want to see you. They don't see you but as their strong girl. Santi doesn't see you any less."

"I can't even look at Santi. H-He saw when-"

I squeeze my eyes shut, shivering at just the thought of what happened less than a day ago.

"But that doesn't make him see you any differently. Santi sees you as his wife, as Reina Valiente, as his girl. He's worried for you, my Reina." She whispers. The door opens and my eyes move along to see Mrs Valiente and Adelina.

Thank god nothing happened to them, that they weren't harmed. My head drops and my hand covers the side of my neck.

"Oh my darling-" I hear Mrs Valiente heave under her breath. She kneels in front of me and lifts my chin up. She wipes my rolling tears but how can I stop these tears when they can only wash away my dirt. "Can I see your neck, mi hija?" I hesitantly take my hand off the plaster to let her see and a shaky breath leaves her.

"I'll go get a new plaster for her." Lina says and walks over to the bathroom.

"Mi hija, I'm going to change your plaster, is that okay?" She softly asks and I shake my head as a yes to let her. "Thank you my darling. After I do that will you let Santi talk to you? Or one of your brothers? They are worried for you." She then says which I was expecting.

"Santi will feel-"

"Santi will take care of you like he always has. Whatever happened will only bring you two closer, not afar." She reassures me and I know she's right but how would that bring us closer? Lina passes the plaster to her, Mrs Valiente takes the one off my neck. My body starts to tremble as I know the mark must be big. Lina and Isabel hold me as Mrs Valiente uses a wipe to clean any stickiness. "My darling, talk to me. Don't keep your feelings away from us." I hear her say and maybe I should.

I take a deep sigh and the first person that comes to mind was Santiago. A smile trips on my face, "What are you smiling about dear?" Mrs Valiente asks.

"About Santi." I quietly say and all three of them let out a small laugh.

"Well he is quite the charm isn't he. I think he takes after his father." She then says and I find myself smiling wider than before. But at the same time I feel my cheeks heating up with just even talking about him.

"He um makes me feel different. I haven't felt it with my brothers but this feeling with him is just-"

"Love. This feeling is called love, mi hija." Mrs Valiente cuts me off before I could finish my sentence, my body heats up at the word love because out of everyone here, no one knows that I love him. "Don't think we don't see it because we do. We see the way you two look at each other, every single day. I see the way my own son looks at you." She whispers.