𝟓𝟗|| 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Numbness

Numbness. I'm losing—lost everything. I'm tearing apart, lifeless, not having a clue what was going on or where I was. Every bone in me feels tough, I can't move, can't speak and no matter how hard I try to open my eyes, I fail.

But what I think of—who I think of isn't here. She's not here, I need her.

It was all in my head, everything that happened, from the way we were held at gunpoint, to the way my hermosa jumped in front of me to save me. She was still here right? Alive?

Forcing my eyes open, everything is blurry to me and I look up at a white ceiling. "H-He's moving." I hear a voice, a familiar voice, but it wasn't the voice I wanted to hear. It sounded like Lina, I could hear my mother's cry—even my father's.

"Mi hijo!" My mother takes my hand immediately, my eyes moving slowly in her direction. My body aches as I try to turn my body around to face her. "Thank the lord! Santiago—"

"R-Reina—W-Where is s-she?"

"I- Santi she's—"

"W-Where i-is she?!" I knew they wouldn't tell me the exact truth. Coughing, I squeeze my mother's hand and plead with my eyes for her to tell me where she is.

"Hijo, she's here okay?" My mother whispers, kissing my forehead and holding me close to her. My mother was about to lose another child and I couldn't let that happen. 

"T-Tell me is she o-okay?" Tears were forming in my eyes, I couldn't stop them and neither could my mother. "I-I tell me mama—"

"Hijo, it's been t-two months since you've been here. Reina hasn't woken up yet." My father speaks, walking over to the other side of the bed alongside Lina.

My heart falls. Falls into a pit, into the darkness that I don't know if I'll find the light again. Knowing that she hasn't woken up it doesn't settle in me. I don't know how she survived, how I survived but yet this still feels like defeat.

"T-The baby?"

A small gasp leaves my sister's mouth, my mother stares at me and my father—he stands there in shock. It was a burning sensation not knowing if they were alright, I blame myself for all this, I shouldn't have let her come with us. I put her in danger and I put my child in danger.

"B-Babies, hijo—" My mother breathes out, a small smile resting on her face as she speaks.

"W-What?" I was confused. What did my mother mean by babies? Sucking my breath, I let it out harsh that my chest hurts. 

"You're having t-twins, Santi."

Seeing the tears on my mother's face, I start tearing up myself after finding out that Reina's carrying twins. It must be some sort of miracle as to how our baby—babies survived too. "I-I need to see R-Reina!" Lifting myself up, I fail to do so and drop back onto the bed.