Santiago

Everything happened in a flash. The bullet flew so quickly into her that she didn't have time to react. After the bullet hit her, she collapsed into my arms, and it almost felt like a repeat of the past. People ran, leaving the hall empty, guards came running in and her brothers panicked at the look of their sister.

"Reina! No, stay awake!" Matias yells cracks in his voice appearing, watching him hold his tears as we watch Reina, losing herself.

"M-Matias—" Reina coughs out, calling for her brother, blood dripping out of the side of her mouth and where she got shot. It was a nightmare, I felt like I was living in hell, and it was a curse that I had to see people get shot.

"Go after the shooter, I'll take her to the hospital. Isabel, you go to my mother and Lina." I tell them, breath shaky and mind blank, as if I didn't know what to do.

"Reina, keep your eyes open. Don't you dare close them," Matias kisses her forehead, sweat dripping down her temple, "We'll be back." All four of them leave us, I bring her up to my arms so I could see her clearly.

"S-Santi—" She coughs again, her eyes slowly moving in my direction. Her eyes are wet, cheeks flushed and swelled to pink. I take my hand and place it on her stomach in the place she got shot. "Reina, look at me. Do not close your eyes. I'm going to take you to the hospital, alright?." I tell her.

After a few seconds of silence, she lets out a chuckle, "L-Look at y-you Santiago, holding me. M-Maybe you're not a bad person after a-all." Her remark back almost makes me chuckle with her but tonight wasn't the day to act cold towards her.

"Shut up Reina. I'll leave you here." I tell her and she still laughs as she grabs onto my hand, clutching it tightly and coughing out more blood. I look around and start yelling for help, but my eyes couldn't leave Reina since her eyes were slowly closing, "Reina! Stay awake, you can't die yet."

"W-Why? Maybe my time is up in life. Maybe I don't have to m-marry you after all."

"I still need to make your life a living hell, I told you that myself." She tries to keep her eyes open so hard but her smile falters as in seconds her weak self falls unconscious.

------

There's a silence in my soul. The chills in my body, the coldness bringing the synapses of my brain to a standstill. Part of it feels like pain, one that I think I can endure but then some part of it is leaving me in shock, rage, apoplectic. Someone's after her, after her brothers and they're putting everyone else around them in danger. And I need to figure out who it is.

I'm covered in her blood. It wasn't supposed to be this way. The way her blood gushed out of her stomach with sickening determination and the way my hand clamped over her wound, but the blood was still effusive no matter how hard I tried to stop it. The scarlet blood was all over my shirt, drying up to stain the white as I wait and wait and wait for her to wake up.

"Santi, it's been three hours and you haven't left the hospital. Why don't you go home, freshen up and then come back? Her brothers are here." Elijah says from behind, I shake my head slowly and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I don't want to leave her," I say in a whisper, my own heart deceiving me because Elias went through the exact same thing, and it was her family's fault. I shouldn't be doing this, I needed to step back but my body wasn't letting me.

"Come on man, you can come back. You're covered in blood."

"He's right Santiago. Go home and if anything happens I will inform you first," Matias walks over, tired, defeated and betrayed like the rest of us. He pats my shoulder, giving me a small nod, "She's in surgery anyways, I will let you know when she wakes up."