Santiago

Am I making the wrong by marrying Reina? Was this the right way to go? Her being here at my club, acting drunk put me on my nerves and ever since our meeting, my mind has been all over the place.

Didn't she know this was my hotel?

"¡Déjame ir loco!" (Let me go, you stupid man!). I haven't put her down since leaving my office because I knew if I did, she would run away from me. I didn't even know why I was doing this, why I was holding her like this but one thing I knew was that her actions were making me furious. "Santiago put me down!"

"You're making too much noise, keep it down because people are watching!" I snap back at her, rushing down the corridor so that my eyes weren't on us.

"I don't care, put me down right this second! Or I swear to God I'll—"

"You'll kill me? You can't use the same threat twice, wife." I knew the way to make her angry, on what words to use and for some reason, I was loving it.

"Do not call me that, again! I will never be your wife." She looks me dead in the eyes, a cold tone in her voice and her eyes rage with fumes as I smirk back at her. This is fun. We reach my penthouse amidst all the chaos she was creating. She gave up smacking me because she went quiet, and her eyes were closed but at the same time I could tell she was muttering something in Spanish.

"You know that I can hear you right?" I tell her.

She sighs and lets out a small giggle, "Okay, you're meant to hear it, idiota."

I put her down this time and as I do, she tries to leave the apartment, but I stop her. I stand in front of the door and lock it immediately. I grab her wrists and she grunts loud, "What the hell! I'm not staying here, especially with you," She exclaims, throwing a fit as she tries to reach for the door again.

"Tough luck, you aren't going anywhere especially when you're dressed like that, two when you're fucking tipsy and three, I don't want to leave my future wife alone."

"Can you just stop with that? I'm nowhere near your future wife. Get it out of your head, Santiago." She yanks her arms out of my embrace and walks off in the opposite direction. Her body sways in the most perfect way, still murmuring something in Spanish, taking her shoes off at the same time. Good, she's not going anywhere.

"Where do you think you're going?" I call out from behind, crossing my eyes as I take notice of everything she does.

She stops in her tracks and swiftly turns around, "To bed. It's not like I can escape, can I?" Her eyes were enough to make me see that she was mad about what just happened, her voice hoarse—a quick switch from her whining which I took by surprise.

"You can take my room. I'll sleep on the sofa." I tell her.

"Whatever, I was going to take the bed in the first place. Also tell your friend—what's his name—Rico, to take Isabel home safe. She must be worried." I let out a sigh, taking my phone to text Rico, my eyes moving up to watch Reina make her way upstairs. Her body looks like it was about to fall over and as much as I want to go help her, I don't. I shouldn't anyways.

Reina Guerrero is my nemesis. She will never be someone I can trust, someone that I love and after she becomes my wife, I'm going to take my revenge.

I follow her up after a while, I walk into my bedroom to find her already fast asleep in the bed. I walk towards her to put the duvet over her—why are you doing this?

She acts strong and confident in front of everyone but every time I look her in the eye, she hides her weakness. And I want to find out that weakness. What happened to her that she must hide away the pain? I know she's hiding it because I've also been doing it for the past ten years. Ever since my brother left, ever since I found out that it wasn't the Koreans, my hands want to reach out my gun and kill every single one of her family.