𝟒𝟔|| 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤?

How can one be so frustrated at someone because they are busy? It fustrates me so much that for the past few weeks after the mafia event, Santi has been returning late home and not even given the chance to talk to him. I try to stay awake for him but when he arrives at three in the morning, he makes it hard.

I know he's busy with the new investors and checking the equipment and planning for our big attack but at the same time, I feel like he's avoiding me. He sees me in the morning, says a few words and then leaves for work. By the time evening arrives, I can't even talk to him. And because of that, I've been staying with Lilliana.

Though I feel mad with Santi, spending time with his mother and family has been nothing but pure happiness. Coming back from work to family has always been something I've wanted for so long. Don't get me wrong though, I felt the same way with my brothers but when you come to parents that's a whole different feeling.

"Rei, don't tell my brother this but he's a right dick." Lina and Isabel walk over to Lilliana and me in the kitchen, randomly blurting out a diss towards her brother.

"Lina, ¡Cuida tu boca, señorita!" (Watch your mouth, young lady!)

"Mama, he's not been spending time with Reina. I'm siding with her."

"I don't what has gotten into him for the past few weeks. He's just like his father." Lilliana sighs, looking at me with a small smile.

"What can I do? He won't even talk to me." It hurts saying that, it stings like a fucking needle just even thinking that. Despite how close we've gotten, despite knowing that I love him, it's like he's back to his old self. Looking down at my hands, fighting so hard to not cry.

"Reina, my dear-" Lilliana takes my hands making me look up at her. "I'm not even going to beat around the bush but my son is stupido. It's not how I raised him and seeing at what he's doing to you - ignoring you - I feel disappointed. But remember my sweet child, this is a test. A test for your relationship."

"And Reina, we all can see how much he means to you." Isabel smiles from afar, all three of them making me think the opposite of my thoughts. I pull Lilliana into a hug as my mind plays her words over and over again.

A test. But why us? Why do we have to go through this when everything finally is falling into place? To say I've enjoyed the last few weeks is an understatement. And all I want is just to be at peace with Santiago. If I can't have that now, when will I?

"He'll come around soon and if he doesn't, as his mother I will give him a good beating," Lilliana says, trying to lighten the mood in the kitchen. Pulling apart from her, she kisses my forehead and bats her lashes, giving me reassurance.

"Count me in! I'd happily beat Santi!" Lina chuckles and instead of Lilliana scolding her, she joins in chuckling that we all end up laughing.

"Why is there so much laughter coming from here?" Oh shit. We turn around to see Mr Valiente standing with his arms crossed and staring at us in a very rigid manner. He clears his throat, waiting for one of us to tell him why we were laughing.

"Amor, we were talking about your son who is exactly like you! God, sometimes I wish he was a copy of me." Lilliana speaks up, walking towards her husband.

"What did he do now?" Mr Valiente groans, looking at me with apologetic eyes and then back at Lilliana.

"Just what you used to do." She rolls her eyes which makes Mr Valiente run his hands through his face. "He's been ignoring Reina and returning back home late." She informs him of what Santi has been up to.

"He really is like me isn't he?" We all hear Mr Valiente mumble into his hands, he looks at Lilliana who was bobbing her head in serious.

"I'll go talk to him, Reina carino."