Santiago

Arlo—I want to kill him. I want to kill him for every word he spat out at Reina. I want his body to rot, I want him to burn. He didn't have the right to say all that—I heard everything, and it felt like there was an itch of anger when he spoke ill words.

He threatened her. He called her a whore. He tried to take her. I know it was her ex but what did he mean by they are all coming back? Who's coming back? And why did Reina look subdued, so pale, scared? And why do I care? I shouldn't be. It shouldn't bother me, yet a rage is built over me and it's taking every strength of me not to hurt someone.

Rico and I have been at my office at home, looking into new weapons that were shipped over from Mexico, but this whole time my mind has been on what happened at Reina's office. Stop caring, Santiago. It means nothing. "They look legit. It doesn't seem like anyone knows about these new weapons." Rico starts speaking as he shows me the shipment packages—slowly taking my mind off her.

"When do you think we can get them?"

"I'm saying in about two weeks. I'll have my men in Mexico go track it down. We place an offer, and we should get them immediately." He says, my breath hitches as flashes of her fall into my head—that strong attitude, the sight of her rolling those soft brown eyes, the intimidating stare she gives me whenever I'm around her, the way she facilely smiles at everyone and her euphonic voice that lights up the room is making it so hard for me to hate her.

"Sounds good. We need to be extra vigilant though as you said it looks like no one knows about these weapons. I don't want this leaking out just yet. No one should see this coming and once we get the weapons, we can easily take down the Koreans with this."

"We're one step closer to getting revenge." And one step closer till I get the Guerrero's in my fist. The thought of taking them down makes my blood rage and now that I'm a step ahead, the revenge seems more powerful than it already was.

"Make sure Elijah knows about this, I'm pretty sure he has some information about new weapons too," I tell him.

Go through all the images, all this new information was somehow taking my mind off everything, but I still can't concentrate. Something inside me is making me feel uneasy like there's a lump in my throat, and I need to rip it out right now. And something is telling me to look further into Arlo, but her voice that seems to be in the back of my head is telling me not to.

I didn't realise that Rico was still talking, but it looks like he didn't notice. You're supposed to hate her. Not think of her. "Santi? Did you just hear what I said?" Rico catches me off guard, clicking his fingers in my face. Shit, what was he talking about?

"You were talking about the weapons." I say, saying the last thing that we talked about He looks at me with a frown, which slowly then turns his lips into a smirk. Oh no, he knows.

"You were thinking about Reina, weren't you?" He lets out a playful whistle, chuckling at the same time which makes me roll my eyes back.

I open my laptop that was sitting in front of me, ignoring his comment, "I wasn't." I hoarsely reply only for him to chuckle even more.

"You were, I can tell from your face, Santi...Wait till Elijah hears this!"

"Don't you dare tell him, he's going to piss me off with it, besides I've seen the way you look at her friend."

"Who Isabel?" He murmurs and I smirk at him whilst raising my eyebrows at him. He clears his throat, and ignores my nod by looking at his phone, "Don't know what you're talking about, Santi." He says, acting like he knew nothing about her.