Reina

Time flies. Two weeks go by like it's nothing and within those two weeks, nothing but those messages have been stuck in my head. Matias has done everything to keep everyone protected—he's gone from increasing security everywhere to making sure each of us has a guard around us at most times. Along with him, Lucas has been trying to locate the messages and where they've sent them from but each time there's been a response of nothing.

Fear is amongst me, but I try to not show it. I didn't want my brothers to worry, nor did I want Isabel to. However, I've been getting nightmares again, nightmares that haunt me through the day like Satan is out to get me. I can't sleep or eat, my head plays with me day and night, replaying those nightmares like it's something I enjoy.

But today, I had to get it away from me. Tonight, was the event of our annual car bidding auction and I've been working hard to make sure that everything was right the way I wanted it to be. However, it was taking place at Santiago's hotel and for the past two weeks, I've been avoiding his calls and meetings.

He saw me at my weak point, and I didn't want him to use it against me. But tonight, that's not possible because he is certainly going to be at the auction.

Thiago, Isabel, and I were at the car warehouse to make sure that the cars were all set and ready to be auctioned. Matias was supposedly busy with Victoria at home and Lucas was at the hotel making sure that the venue was ready for tonight.

"I'm so bidding on one of the cars tonight. You've outdone yourself like always, Reina." Thiago whistles, seeing the line-up of the luxurious cars parked with such prestige.

"A lot of people are attending tonight so I doubt you'll be able to bid for one." Letting out a small giggle, he rolls his eyes like he got offended at my words, obviously because I was doubting him for a second.

"And? This is our company, I can bid as much as I like," As he speaks, he gasps like a child, running over to one of the cars lined up, "Reina Isla Guerrero, tell me how you managed to get this fucking beauty?!" He exclaims, facing me with such excitement and awe.

"With magic—" Joking with him, Isabel chuckles along with me, locking her elbows with mine as we walk over to him. "What do you think, stupido? I obviously made a deal with the owner." Raising my eyebrows at him, he presses his lips together and looks away back at the car.

"I'm buying this beauty. I'll put in my bid right now."

"It doesn't work like that, Thiago and besides, what is so special about this car that it looks like you're eye fucking it?" Crossing my arms, he seemed so in love with the car, but I couldn't blame him since it was probably the most expensive car on the market.

"Look at it, Reina It's a Hennessey Venom F5, a fucking rare car that you see! And it's always been the car I've wanted." He exclaims, voice getting excited by the minute of looking at it.

"I know what car it is and well if you want to buy it, you have to put in the highest bid. This car is worth a lot—2.1 million to be exact."

"I'll buy it for three mil." He sounded so determined to buy this car, seeing him act like that reminded me of the way Matias used to tell me about Papa and how he loved cars like that.

"People will fight with you Thiago. This car—"

"—Will be mine." Thiago cuts Isabel off, stubborn about the fact that he will buy the car. I wasn't in a position to fight with him since the auction hasn't started but also because he was family.

"Save the bidding for tonight, alright? The car isn't going anywhere." Reassuring him, he lets out a sigh that it was obvious that he didn't want to leave it.