Reina

It's been three days since Santiago got angry at me for asking about his brother and ever since then I've felt agitated and annoyed at him. He's been sending me messages over the past few days, especially one that caught me by surprise.

We're getting married in two days. No excuses. And today is that day. I don't know how I feel about it, it's like there's no emotions within me to respond to his message and the fact that I'm getting married to him today.

But how am I supposed to hold a conversation with him now? If he can't let me in and if he can't let me ask about his brother, then how am I supposed to know how he's feeling or communicated with him?

And what frustrates me is that I miss seeing his soft side, the way he places his hand so gently on my cheeks, seeing his dimples as he smiles—a rare smile that he only seems to show me—yet the way he acts in charge making everyone obey him without any arguments.

I was in my room alone, letting my thoughts consume every inch of my skin. I couldn't help but think of my parents and how I wish they were alive to see this. There hasn't been a day where I don't think about their death—where I wish it was me in that helicopter instead of them. They needed to see my brothers grow, to see their grandparents, I would've been okay with watching it from above.

Moments into my thoughts, I hear my door creak open, not looking at who it was since I was out on the balcony.

"Reina? What are you doing staring outside?" I let out a sigh, turning around to see all three of my brothers walk in. A small smile forms on my face seeing us together after a long time, almost reminding me of how we used to be younger.

"Just thinking about Mama and Papa." I say in a small voice, holding back every pain within me so that they wouldn't see how much it hurts.

"Reina," Lucas steps closer to me, he pulls me close and lets me rest my head on his chest, "They wouldn't want to see you upset like this." He whispers but just loud enough so that Matias and Thiago heard him.

"I know this isn't what you want but—"

"But I know it will be good for me. Especially now that our uncle is back." I cut off Matias speaking, he only gives me a nod, but I knew he wasn't okay with the way I was feeling.

"We will protect you no matter what, but Santiago will be there for you the most. He's going to be your protector from now on." His eyes turn glossy, making mine too but I didn't want to ruin the moment by saying something wrong.

"I'm not going to lie so I'll say it. I'm scared...I'm scared they'll find us and hurt us again. I'm scared they'll take me away from you again like how they did many years ago, that they won't let me see you three ever again because I'll be—"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence of Reina. Why are you thinking about it?" Thiago cuts me off this time, feeling Lucas wrap his arm around me tight in order to reassure me that it won't happen.

"I've been getting nightmares again." I blurt out, watching the three tenses up as I say it aloud. Worry was all over their faces, making me feel guilty for even telling them.

"Since when?" Matias asks, obvious concern in the way he was speaking but I didn't want to let anything get in the way of today.

"Since I got the first threat." I gulp at my own words, looking at the three of them who looked like they were going to go crazy and maybe even let a few tears down.

"Reina, you can't keep them to yourself if it's been that long. How have you been sleeping?" Lucas asks me as I rest my head on his shoulder, ashamed to even look at them.