𝟐𝟑|| 𝐅𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

An hour or so after we came back home, the others arrived. The guys were setting up some projector that Santi had in his home to watch a movie whilst Isabel, Adelina, Dalia and I were putting the cushions out to sit comfortably.

"Aunty Rei, can we sit together pwease?" Dalia runs up to where I was standing, holding her own blanket and jumping up in the air.

The girls and I giggle at her as I kneel down to her height, "Of course I will sweetheart. But wouldn't your dada feel alone?" I kiss her forehead, my eyes moving to see Elijah walk in.

"No dada is a big boy!" Her voice pitches high, she doesn't know that Elijah was standing behind her.

"Yeah but big boys still need someone and you are dada's girl, aren't you?" I notice Elijah smiling at my words, I move Dalia's hair out of the way so she could speak.

"I am dada's girl."

Elijah kneels down behind her, all of us smiling at her cute accent as she pouts her lips, "Turn around sweetheart, look who is behind you." I tell her.

"Dada! Dada!" She jumps straight into Elijah's arm, my heart warming up to see their relationship.

"Yes baby?" Elijah picks up, kissing the side of her head.

"I wunt to sit with aunty Rei but I don' wunt to lweve you." She then says and we all giggle at her.

"It's okay baby, you can sit with aunty Reina. I will sit near you."

"You sit with uncle Santi."

"Yes okay, I will sit next to uncle Santi."

After setting up the living room, we all were sitting down watching Beauty and the Beast because that's Dalia's favourite film. She was sitting on my lap, snuggled up in my chest with her blanket over her and sipping on her water bottle. Santi was in his office, missing out on the fun, because he needed to do some work for his hotels. I wanted to go and check up on him but Dalia was hugging me so I couldn't move.

"Dalia, sweetheart are you okay?" I whisper to her.

"I wunt to go dada." She points at Elijah who was so focused on the movie that he didn't see Dalia pointing at him.

"Okay love, you can go to him. I'm going to go see uncle Santi." I say to her. She jumps off me and runs to her dad. My phone buzzes and I see it's from Santi himself.

Santi: Come to my study now.

"Lina, I'll be back. I need to go to the bathroom." I tell Adelina who was sitting next to me, she nods at me but I don't think she really knew what I said since she was munching on popcorn.

I close the living room door slightly behind and make my way upstairs to Santi's office. I don't know why he called me but it sounded serious, well his message did. I knock on the door lightly and his voice from afar tells me to come in.

And for some reason I was nervous.

His eyes move from his laptop to me as I walk in, hesitantly. He was sitting behind his desk, the black shirt he was wearing was unbuttoned, rolled up sleeves, his brown hair messy which was covering his forehead and those brown eyes piercing through me.

"Did you need something?" I ask him to break the silence amongst us.

"Come here." His voice sounded rough, like he was tired. Worry starts to get to me and so I hurried towards him.

I was now in between his legs but he pulls me down onto his lap. As soon as he pressed his face onto my chest, I knew what was wrong. He was burning with a fever. "Santi, you're burning!" I bring my hand to his forehead, the heat from his skin touches my hand which started getting me all worried even more.