chapter six

It's about an hour drive from the city to the event centre downtown, as they drive down towards the outskirts of the city, malik could feel the car slowing down, he glance at the dashboard and the fuel sign is about half making him to sigh, he maneuver the car to the side of the road and halt with a sigh.

"Why do you stop?" Ramlat ask instantly looking up from her phone screen scanning the quiet sorrounding.

Malik ignore her and try starting the car but it fail making him to sigh, he is actually clueless when it comes to anything aside his job and his massive ego, he grab his phone and suprise enough the no signal sign is on it making him to sigh with a facepalm.

"What is going on?
Start the car you can't just stop in this perilous side of the town." Ramlat say and malik stare at her with a lopsided smile on his face.

"Come on,
Look at me, this muscles you think anyone can hurt me?
Or you think i will let anyone hurt you,
I am a young athletic guy i can protect you unlike your outdated unenergized elderly husband." Malik say and ramlat stare at him.

"Why do you have to always compare yourself with him,
You are ridiculous." She say and malik shrug.

"What? Does it bother you that i am better than him?
Or it upset you that i am saying the truth." He ask and ramlat just ignore him staring at the dark forest sorrounding them.

Malik sigh releasing a deep breathe and start the ignition again but fail.
He open the car door and exit with a tiring sigh.

Ramlat stare at malik who's standing in front of the car with his phone in his hand and she sigh, the lack of air in the car is sending a radiating heat that she's sure will smudge her make up if she didn't receive some fresh air, with a frustrating sigh she remove her neatly stylish gele,
She open the car door and come down slamming the door shut in frustration.

"Malik you can't just stand,
Do something it's past 10pm." Ramlat say walking to where he's standing and malik look up from his phone.

"Like what?
All the cars passing by don't want to stop and i honestly don't know a thing to do, I am a business man not mechanic." He say staring at ramlat who sigh frustrated and stand next to him with her hands fold to her chest.

"Maybe we should walk back to town until we get a signal on our phones." Malik suggest and ramlat ignore him,

She feel like strangling him to death, she cannot believe she will waste the entire night gallivanting around not in the event.

"Suit yourself then,
You can wait i will go see if i can find some help." Malik say and begin walking back to town, he doesn't have a single doubt that ramlat will come after him she can't possibly stay behind all alone, sure enough few minutes later he feel a presence behind him making a smile to creep on his lips.

"This is not fair,
How can you not do something." Ramlat say glancing at her phone screen that is now showing 10:45pm.

"What isn't fair,
I'm sure you will enjoy my company pretty much better than the boring dinner party you are going to." He say cockily and ramlat shake her head.

The two continue walking in silence, ramlat feel her legs begin to ache do to the heels and she stops, making malik to turn.

"My legs are aching me." She say and salim walk back to where she's standing.

"Should i back you up or do you want to remove it." He ask and ramlat stare at him for some time before removing the heels from her legs.

"Hold it." She say and malik collect the pair of shoes with a chuckle shaking his head.

They continue walking in silence, ramlat feel disgusted by her foots touching the wet gravel sand road, she sigh tiredly and stop.

"I can't continue,
I am tired we should wait for the signal to come, it's probably the rain." Ramlat say as she glance up at the hazy dark sky a sign it will rain again anytime soon.

"We will soon be in town, look up there." Malik say pointing at some shops and she sigh, the excessive wind starts to blow and he quickly grab her by the hand making her to look up at him.

Ramlat stare right back at malik, now that she's close to him she can see every features on his face very clearly, his stubble beard and his perfectly aquiline nose that give his beautiful dazzling rare brown eyes that even his enemies will adore makes her avert her gaze away from him.

"You are the most beautiful lady i have ever seen." Malik say staring at her as he use his finger to smudge the red lipstick on her mouth.

Suddenly the rain droplet begin to fall heavily, malik sigh and grab ramlat by the hand walking back to the car since it's closer, ramlat feel like crying this night turns out to be worst than she expected, malik remove the hoodie he's wearing and drop it on her shoulder, she grab it without a care stuffing her hand into the pocket with a sigh.

"When last did you walk in the rain?" Malik ask once they near the car and ramlat shake her head.

"I don't know." She say and malik chuckle grabbing her by the hand twirling her around to face him.

"Is it that bad?
To spend time with me and be happy?" He ask staring at ramlat as he stare at her face studying every feature greedily.

Ramlat doesn't really mind getting drenched by the rain, she miss her freedom and malik seems to be giving that back to her.

"Why are you doing all this?
Nothing is going to come out of it." Ramlat say staring at malik who smile at her with a chuckle.

"I am doing all this because i am in love with you and he didn't deserve you,
You are suppose to be with someone like me,
I am better than him." Malik say like the egotistic man he is and ramlat shake her head smiling.

"What makes you think you deserve me?" She ask as she feel malik hands around her waist for some reason she just can't stop him.

"Come on look at you,
The eyes, those lips i wouldn't mind kissing them even knowing you are married to my so called uncle.........

"Are you infatuated by me?Ramlat ask interrupting him, because as far as she knows infatuation and love are two different things.

"Yes, I was infatuated with you,
I am still. No one has ever heightened such a keen capacity of physical sensation in me,...malik say with a pause as his eyes wander around ramlat body,
"It all started as an infatuation but now it's an overwhelming burning desire one that i wouldn't mind doing everything it takes, be it right or wrong to be with you."malik say staring at ramlat in the eyes making her to avert her gaze from his.

" Do you two need help?"a car honk gaining both there attention as ramlat instantly step away from malik removing his hand that his wrapped around her waist.

"Uhhh sure." Malik say as he grab ramlat by the hand to the car.

They say a forbidden love provide happiness when there's no happiness, for ramlat even though she knows they were never supposed to be together yet she find herself longing for a desire she shouldn't and for malik he couldn't shake the feeling that he had uncover he careless about the consequences of what is right or wrong, he want ramlat and he will have her that's all his heart is saying to him.

Drop your comments and votes.