25

SCOURGE

CHAPTER 25

Staring at the backpack on the couch falak delibrately grab it from the couch, malik hasn't come down since he got back this morning he's been in his bedroom and that makes her curious, it's 6:55pm and usually he'd leave for mosque by now, she head upstairs with the heavy backpack that makes her want to know what's inside, she knock on the bedroom door and wait but there's no answer, she knock again and wait without an answer after a while she decide to enter,she push the door open  and peek through the bedroom, everything is a combo of grey, black and white.

"Sallamu'alaikum?"she say whuch comes out more like a question, she enter the bedroom and malik comes out from the closet, he's wearing a khaki jogger with a grey sleevless zipper hoodie and one of those black men ankle strap sandles.

Malik just stare at her wondering what to do with her, falak is becoming more like a pet in his life, the audacity she gets to enter his bedroom shows that perhaps she's better off deaf and dumb.

"You didn't come down and the bag......"falak pause just staring at him as he walk to where she's standing by the door the backpack on her hand, her heart beating rapidly with each steps he takes.

"What did i say?"Malik ask staring ay falak who hand him the backpack but he just stare at it and look back to her face.

"I'm sorry, i.....

"What did i say?"he ask and falak breakdown.

"I was just worried maybe.......

His hand collide to her cheeks which makes her to loss her balance.

"When i say stay away from me,
Do as i say you have no right to interfere with my life, i get to do what i want while you will do as i want, do i make myself clear?"he ask staring at her in a very dispicable way and she nod.

"speak,
I didn't get you treated to continue acting like a dump."he say as falak stand up sniffing and wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"Yes."she say with a nod and malik pick his backpack from the ground and throw it on the bed.

"Stay away from me if not you will always get alot and more doses of those slaps or even more."malik say and falak look up at him.

"Why?
What have i done to you?
Just kill me,
I did nothing wrong and yet you keep humiliating me,
i know and understand i am not the type of lady you want but why treating me this way for something I'm not to be blamed for, why pretending to my family that you care and then coming back here to do this to me?"falak say breaking down and malik chuckle pathetically.

"Oh really,
You have mouth now and you can't control it?"he say and slap her again.

She can never get used to malik slaps his hands seems to weight a 1000pounds, evrytime they land on her cheek her ears seems to ring and her brain stops for some seconds.
Malik grab her by the hair and exit the bedroom dragging her violently with his hand tangle in her hair as she tumultously plead to let her go, without a care of how her body hit the stairs he throw her down the stairs before walking down to meet her as she lay helplessly by the stairs whimpering in fear.

"Do you know what i do to things i don't like?"malik ask as he grab the scissors from the shelf by th stairs.

"I destroy it,
You are not different,
i don't like you and i will never do,
you were hoping this all so called stupid marriage will miraculously work, ohh malik will eventually fall for you, just be nice to him treat him right, it wont last, after sabr beautiful things await."he say pathetically and shake his head.