26

SCOURGE

CHAPTER 26

First day of Ramadan is always deat to falak, she'd spend it with her family which is usually her dad and junior brother, but this year is different she's spending it in her matrimonial home with her husband,
She decided to prepare iftar for malik, she hasn't seen him for the past 2days, she wasn't sure he'd be home, but she had this instinct tjat he would, a very strong gut feeling.

Nobody stay away from home especially the first day malik won't be different.

Satisfy by how everything looks a triumph smile of satisfaction find it way on her lips, fu,ad said he's not going to be home for iftar, she take it to her advantage and asked him maliks favorite dishe and he told her, she makes all of them,
The crispy balls of falafel, some kunafa, mansaf, with some jellof rice snd fruit salad, she round it up with some mansaf, he's going to love it she say hopeful to herself.

She grab some few dates from the fridge and hurried to her room.

The humming pulling in front of the building makes her quickly fold the prayer mat and sprint out of the bedroom, tripping on her hijab as she makes her way to the staircase, she hurriedly run down the stairs and wait for him in the dinning table.

Stuffing the phone inside his pocket he push the door open with a hiss.

"And no call or conversation goes by without my parent asking of falak"

He came in and release a heavy breathe of exhaustion, he hate to admit the fact that falak always keep the house so welcoming, he ignored the figure standing by the dinning table and make his way to the kitchen
His entire life he has never come across a persistent lady like falak,
Speaking about witchraft he believe she's practicing one.

"Ramadan kareem."she say timidly it's almost like a whisper but loud enough for him to hear.

"I prepare iftar, with even.......her voice started to irritate him and he make his way back to where she's standing.

"All these are mine?"He ask not sparing her a glance as he walk around the dinning table inspecting the dishes.

"Yes "She say with a smile glancing at him and back to the dishes.

"All of these?"he ask and she nod.

The way he iterated the word makes her look up at him, her eyes scan him, the carmo sweatpant and sleevless hoodie devilishly glamorizing him.

"Speak up,
I'm certain you are not dumb anymore."he say harshly making hee to fling.

"Ye.yes."she say taking some few steps back.

Malik open one of the many dishes and give it a disgusting look before flipping it off the table shattering the glass bowl into pieces as falak look at him horrified.

"who do you think you are to cook for me?
You hold no such place in my heart to eat a meal prepare ny your disgusting self."he say and throw another plate of the dishe shattering it into pieces as falak use her hands to cover her ears with the tears streamimg down her cheek.

He stretched his hands out and motion for her to come.

"I'm sorr.....please."falak say shaking her head but he grab her by the hijab with a snap, without a care he drag her aggresively sending an intensifying pain around her throat twirling her to face him.