chapter thirteen

They say life is full of suprises that's exactly how ramlat feel when she heard malik has married, do a part of her still want him to keep chasing after her even after knowing deep within her that she and malik can only be story because ramlat knows what she want and as bad as she find malik attractive, she can never be his because they are like two different people, even do she is still hoping somehow he wouldn't give up so easily but she fear the consequences of the aftermath of everything because ramlat knows things can never be thesame in her life if by any chance malik rescue her from this marriage.

"Ai even me I'm still confuse how ya malik get married, asin what?
Who's the lucky and unlucky lady?" His cousin say as they do there chores around the kitchen.

"No even pictures for us to see,
Ya malik wife surely will have to be this super exorbitant classic lady, with his massive ego he do never accept any girl as a wife." Salim say as he help his sisters with the chores.

"Aren't you suppose to leave today?" Mardiya ask and salim shrug.

"My flight is in the night,
You all going to miss me, all this,
Salim come and trash the waste,
Salim come and buy me this, it's all finish, I can now sleep in peace." Salim say as Ramlat clear her throat .

"Salim what if they just call off the strike this night or tomorrow." Ramlat say jokingly with a smile and salim snort.

"Ahap i will still go and spend like 2weeks,
Wlh aunty ramlat I'm tired of this house." Salim say as there mum walk inside the kitchen..

"What is the shenanigans all about,
Mai-gida(malik) has come he's in the parlour." Haulat say as she grab the tray from a cabinet.

"Did he come with his wife?" His cousin all ask in unison as they both quickly saunter out of the kitchen leaving there mum and Ramlat.

"Allah ya shirya." Haulat say as she begin arranging the food on a tray.

"Ramlat where's the remaining vegetable coleslaw let me add it with the fried rice." Haulat say as she grab some of the pepper chicken and set it in the microwave.

"Wlh aunty salim just finish eating it." Ramlat say and haulat hiss.

"What sort of rubbish is this,
How can he even eat all that thing,
SALIM!" haulat yell making ramlat to chuckle.

"Let me call him." Ramlat say, she need an excuse to see malik, he left so unexpectedly that she feel guilty and responsibile for everything.

"Who told you i married?" Malik bark at his cousin's who are bombarding him with questions, he's glad he didn't come with Ahmad, they both lodge in a hotel since this is just a mere business meeting he wouldn't want to stay at his uncle house not after how things end up the other time.

"What about her picture?" Ummi ask and malik hiss as a familiar figure comes out of the kitchen.

"Salim, Aunty haulat is calling you." Ramlat say glancing at malik few feet away from the parlour.

The boy quickly saunter to the kitchen, his two sisters trail behind him and ramlat walk to the parlour.

"You are back?" She say staring at him, he's wearing a black high neck jubba with a black dotted scarf neatly to his neck and he humm in response.

"I don't give up on things i want,
It's either i own it or nobody own it, if i can't have it i destroy it." Malik say staring at Ramlat making her to shake her head.

"I'm not an item malik,
And............Aunty haulat enter the parlour.

" mai gida here is your food."aunty haulat say and he shake his head.

"First lady you shouldn't bother about that, I'm here to see uncle Muhammad and I have a really a important business meeting, maybe you should just put the food in a takeaway for me,
I will eat it when i settle down in my hotel room." Malik say and haulat give him a confuse look.

"Hotel room kuma,
Why won't you stay at.......

" it's fine I'm not alone and you know how i dislike stranger's staying with me."malik say interrupting his aunt and she shrug.

"Ummi!
Come and carry this food to put them in a takeaway for mai gida." Aunty haulat say as she walk to the parlour.

"Mai gida how is your wife,
Aure babu invitation haka abun yake anyi mun kishiya kenan." Aunty haulat say sitting on the couch and malik slightly chuckle as he glance at ramlat who's standing by a couch.

"Don't worry very soon i will marry the girl of my dream and you will all be invited." Malik say and aunty haulat shrug.

"Your uncle travel this morning to Maiduguri but he will be back tomorrow morning insha Allah."aunty haulat say standing up with a sigh.

" ohhh OK,
No problem i will call him."malik say turning his gaze back to Ramlat.

"Aren't you done yet?" Aunty haulat say and head back to the kitchen.

"You are a married man now." Ramlat say with a smile and malik just stare at her.

"I will marry you before i leave in two days time." Malik say staring at ramlat making her to shake her head..

"Did you know what they say about people wanting something they can't have?" Ramlat say folding her hands to her chest and he chuckle.

"No Ramlat,
I only know that whatever it is i want i will get it regardless how good or bad the consequences will be." He say and she shake her head.

Ramlat stare at malik for some time, wondering how someone can be so sure of himself as do he is in control of his own destiny and faith, she blow some air through her mouth with a sigh.

"You like me Ramlat,
Deny it all you can but it's written all over your face how attractive you find me." He say and ramlat shake her head as mardiya comes in with a nylon.

" your food."mardiya say dropping it on the centre table and leave.

"Love is a different thing malik,
I don't know what is it you are up to but as bad as i want to get out of this marriage, I will want to clear something up with you,
If i leave this house i can never be yours because i have someone who's dear to me, someone i will like to spend the rest of my life with and that someone isn't you." Ramlat say truthfully and malik just stare at her in fascination.

"Ridwan mai-Riga
Look Ramlat let me make something clear to you,
I am no difference with my uncle when it comes to going after what we want the only difference we have is that i will treat you right, you find me attractive and you will learn to love me because you can't resist me, so whatever it is you have with that boy you rather learn to put it behind because, you are going to be mine." Malik say as his aunty come out of the kitchen.

"Mai gida i will be upstairs let me know when you are leaving since aunty ramlat is keeping you company." His aunt say and he stand up.

"I'm leaving,
I have things to round up in my hotel room." Malik say staring at ramlat as she avert her gaze back to the floor.

He say his goodbyes to everyone and exit the parlour, as he walk to the black SUV malik smile to himself,
He doesn't care about whatever ramlat is saying, he didn't believe in destiny especially people who have the primitive believe in the fact that they are destine to love one another,
She will be his regardless whatever circumstances.

Drop your comments and votes.