30

SCOURGE

CHAPTER 30

Opening her eyes slowly she quickly shut them and slowly open them as they adjust to the bright mornin, she quickly sit up as she realized the car wasn't moving and her seat was reclined, she turn and look inside the now empty car confuse.

Where's malik?
How did this happen? Where am i? All this questions races through her and she looked outside and the scenery she found herself in made her knitted her brow in confusion, the tall building standing with M & M exchange boldly and stylishly crypted makes her peek to look at the spacious sorrounding and the familiar face comes out of the building with an unfamiliar face talking to him, he stop and begin scolding the man whuch makes falak to roll her eyes.
*typical malik* she thought and sit back with a sigh with her eyes shut, she try not to think about her brother but couldn't, she just hope he will be ok.

"I thought you're never waking up."the familiar voice say and her eyes flutter open.

He open the car and climb the driver seat.

"I'm certainly not your driver so get out from that place.

Falak quietly come down from the car with a sigh, her body is so sour she open the front passenger door and climb the car, once the door is shut he start the ignition, falak watch as he drive out of the building before releasing a heavy breathe, her brother cross her mind again anf she find herself breaking down.

Malik glance at her speechless as he halt by the road, he stared at her dumbfounded as she sob into her veil uncontrollably.

"Now why the hell are you crying?

She shake her head, continuing to cry as she sniff into her veil.

"What's that supposed to mean?
Did i force you to come with you could have easily stay with them in the hospital , your brother is only sick and not dead, i didn't dragged you out of the hospital you come willingly, now that you come by yourself I'm not interested in watching you shedding tears, do you really think if i want to see you crying i don't have ways to do? I'd have a million ways to make that happen , but right now i don't wanna see you cry so swallow it.

"What if he didn't get better or worst die."she say in between sob.

"Then store the tears for then, the only reason i brough you here is for you to be okay not to disturb my ears with your wailing sound, he will be fine, how many times do you need to hear that.

"The same was said to my mum but she still died." She say and clench her eyes at the bitter memory.

"It was her time and unfortunately if it's your brother time so shall he die, now shut the fuck up and stop blowing my head off with your cries."he say maneuvering the car back to the road grumbling to himself.

He reach open the place where his hand was rested on and remove the white nylon and hand it to her.

"Eat, we have 3hrs to leave."

"Leave?
I thought we are........

" I'm not interested in hearing your thoughts."he snapped and she keep quiet.

"Malik thank you fo......

"Don't thank me.

"Thank you for....

"Just eat the goddamn food ."she stare at him for a while and sigh.

At times she wishe and want to br ao bad and cold hearted that she won't care if a person would be dying and shouting her name for help in front of her.

Maybe just like malik or perhaps worst.

Atleast he inquire about what's worng with her and have it in him to bring her with him so she could see her family, maybe he came to jordan for a different agenda but whatever still tagged her along.

She tear her gaze away from him and decide to enjoy the beautiful city scenery as she eat the delicious mansaf.
She still doesn't want to believe sje really did fall asleep in malik presence and he reclined the seat for her, Nah that's impossible. The driver did all that she convince herself.

Guilt isn't a feeling malik always habor at least not on people hebhate but he couldn't help the guilt brewing up in him little by little he felt so edgy seeing how falak laugh and smile, so happy and free he couldn't help the pestering voice in him telling him he'd snatched all that away from her, the voice literally whispering him he'd depri her of happiness, he'd seperate herfrom her family and instead of replacing them in her life he's doing the complete opppsite.

But then he never wanted to marry her, hell if his dad had asked him none of this would have happened, she wouldn't be in this mess but unfortunately enough for her, her greed wouldn't allow her to say no,moreover she shoukd save herswkf the stress and leave but a persistent girl like falak shed rather die than to be on the bad list of people,
Liking her wasn't a forthcoming for him, he despise having to know she's his wife, a wife he's forced to keep against his will, a wife who forced her way into his life making him bag the responsibility of been a husband something he wasn't looking forward to at least not with her.

By Allah he's certain what he's doing is wrong but he doesn't want to stop, he doesn't want to do her any right which will give her a nonexistent hope, he'd rather pull a trigger to his skull than to build that relationship everyone was hoping they'd share.

The more and deeper he thought about her the angrier he gets, he step on the turtle speeding up making falak to glance at him as she fidget to get her seatbelt, she doesn't want ti die now.

"Malik!"she yell in fear at how he keeps racing and roughly overtaking the cars, her blood pressure will rise , she just keep praying and saying the shahada, she shut her eyes close because she doesn't want to see how she will die.

After about 30mminutes the car stop making her to flutter her eyes open.

They are at there house, she mean malik home, she was hoping he'd take her to see his parent but it's evident he doesn't want to take her there.

"Are you waiting for special invitation to come down?" He ask and falak quickly remive the seatbelt, she grab the white nylon and come down, once she shut the door he speed down the street making her to shake her head.

"Weird dude."she mutter to herself and turn to face the house.

She wonder if it is open, she push the iron gate and enter, the sorrounding looks neat so she takes a deep breathe to calm herself down.

She try the door and it's open the air is so refreshing, she notice the furnitures has been replaced with black, the curtains and literally everything, who wants dark parlor, malik ofcrse, she make her way to the kitchen and is suprise to see the kitchen that was once all white was replace with a deep grey, she shake her head and head upstairs hoping her bedroom didn't undergo this weird refurnishing, she open the door and sigh in relief, good thing the dude knows to stay away, she deliberately stare at the door by the west wing, she quietly walk there and grab the door handle but it's locked making her to roll her eyes.

"Creepy dude."she say and find herself chuckling.
Malik is soo intriguing, she wonder when can she ever know him, the face behind the one he'd want the world to know, exhausted she walk tiredly to her bedroom and decide to pray, it's almost impossible to believe it's zuhr already.