27

SCOURGE

CHAPTER 27

Rolling the suitcase out of the Queen Alia interntional airport malik put on the shade with a sigh.
"Can you walk any faster?"he say as falak fasten her pace to catch up with him.

It's an unplanned trip, he certainly wasn't planning on coming to jordan for the eid but his dad insisted,
he smell trouble but he can't place his finger on why his dad is persistent for him to do eid in jordan, his brother is staying back he's curious and if by any chance this has to do with fu,ad saying shit about his marriage with falak then he know better than to dig his own grave before he comes back to Nigeria.

"ahila sayidi(welcome sir)."the driver greet collecting the suitcase from malik and he ignored him, he just want to meet with his dad to know what the emergency is all about, Eid is in 2days he would have spend it in his basement.

Within the last few days of ramadan, they moved to a new house, a much bigger one mostly because he wanted his own space and not have to deal with falak.

"Where are we going to sir?"the driver ask once they all settle in the car.

"khudhni 'iilaa walid(take me to my parent)."he say removing his phone from his pocket.

The drive is a quiet on, falak is so excited, she's been in touched with her dad malik bought her a phone, she was suprise but the man is unpredictable, the car comes to a halt making her to look up a smile dancing on her lips as she open the car.

"Leave the suitcases in the car,
We are heading home ASAP."malik say as he comes out of the car.

There's a blue jaguar parked in the house which makes his already bad mood turns into anger, he Head for the door and open it, there's noises coming from upstairs and he Take a deep breathe to calm himself as the door open.

Falak quietly halt behind malik which infuriate him and he turn slapping her on the cheek making her to fall on the floor.

He crouched and grab her aggresively by the jaw.

"Why do you always find a way to irritate me?
You are so dull and incompetent of doing anything right............

"Malik."the familiar voice call making him to look up.

"Mum."he say tossing her head away and stand up, his mum glance at falak who grizzly stand up and smile awkwardly at the middle age lady.

"masa' alkhayr 'umiy(good afternoon mum)."falak say adjusting her veil to cover her now bruise face with malik imprinted fingers, they always appear whenever he slapped her his hand are made of steel.

"kayf kanat rihlatuk eazizati(How was your flight my dear)."his mum say walking down the stairs as malik stare at falak daringly.

"Alhamdulilah."falak say with a weak smile at same time wiping her tears as malik mum grab her by the hand.

"Where's dad?"malik ask as the familiar figure come inside the parlor with the one person he now hate the most Ahmad.

"Masa'al khayr abbey."falak greet making the elderly man to smile.

"How are you my dear?"he ask and khayr nod adjusting her veil but the elderly man caught a glance of it.