chapter ten

The 5hours 35minutes flight is a quick one for malik, sauntering out of the Queen Alia international airport he sigh exhaustingly as he spot the familiar figure walking toward him.

"Welcome home bro." His junior brother say and malik humm in response as the boy collect the suitcase from him.

He remove his ringing phone from his pocket and slide the answer button.

"ana 'akhruj lilttwi min almatar
(I'm just coming out of the airport)
" I will call you later Ahmad i need that information as soon as possible. "Malik say opening the front passenger door.

" it's going to be a confidential business, very private."malik say as he strap his seatbelt glancing at his brother who climb inside the car.
"My dad will have nothing to do with this, we will talk about this later when i get home." Malik say and end the call.

His junior brother maneuver the car out of the airport as malik release a very tiring breathe, he doesn't know what to expect from his dad but he's sure nothing positive will come out of it, his dad really love his junior brother they grew up as orphans so all they have is each other.

"Dad is really mad." Fu'ad say glancing at his elder brother before turning his gaze back to the road.

"I know."malik say not interested in starting a conversation with the teenage boy.

" you shouldn't have done th.......

"Since when did your opinion matters in my personal life?
Just shut your mouth." Malik say sternly and the teenage boy grumble under hemis breathe.

"There's a pretty big suprise waiting for you do." Fu'ad grumble under his breathe and malik just focus his haze on his phone screen replying some of his e-mail.

He left Nigeria about 1:00am with the five hour flight and the time difference is few minutes to 9am in the morning a yawn escape his mouth and he sigh.
His brother take the left turn to his parent house and he feel his mood changes.

Fu,ad halt in the garage and malik instantly come down from the car.

"Leave my suitcase I'm going to my house." Malik say and his junior brother nod putting the suitcase back inside the car.

"Salamu'alaikum." Malik say entering his parent tastefully furnished home.

His dad is the only person in the parlour sitting on his usual couch with the newspaper glue to his face.

"Wa'alaikum s-salam." The elderly man say closing the newspaper and drop it aside as he remove the medicated reading glass and drop it on the newspaper.

"Good morning Aabbah." Malik's say kneeling folding his legs with respect next to his dad as the man give him a very uninterested look.

"kayf haluk yastarih 'abi(how are you resting father)." His junior brother say coming inside the parlour.

"Alhamdulilah fu'ad." His dad say turning his gaze back to malik as the teenage boy walk up the stairs.

There's an intense silence and malik know what will come after this isn't good so he decide to speak.

"I'm really.........

" I don't want your apology Mr,
You didn't offend me you disrespect me, my brother is the one you offend,
I thought you go to Nigeria for holiday but i should have known better, that nothing positive comes out of you,
Malik how dare you disrespect my brother the way you did?"His father's voice echo around the parlour and malik look up at the elderly man that he look soo much alike.