chapter sixteen

"It's either you go with your wife or you don't go." His dad say and malik gnaw on his bottom lips with a sigh.

"OK dad." Malik say and exit the office, he's going back to Nigeria, he doesn't have a single clue of what the fuck is going on Ahmad isn't back and there isn't any progress with the stupid contract, he head to his office with a sigh.

"Adam,
Is the passport ready?" Malik ask walking to his secretary office and the young man stand up.

"Yes sir,
Here it is." He say handing the grey passport to his boss, malik collect it and head to his office.

He sit on the couch in the office and dial Ahmad contact which has been switch off since yesterday, he's upset, he can't even believe he trusted Ahmad with this, he facepalm and grab the gray passport from the table, he grab his stuffs from the desk and exit the office.

"I will be traveling this night but that doesn't mean you won't come to work." Malik say to his secretary and the man nod.

"wadaea sayidi(good bye sir)
Have nice trip." He say and malik exit the office.
He saunter to his car and enter with a tiring sigh, the drive to his parent house is just 20minute from the office, he stop by and isn't suprise to see his cousin and his junior brother outside.

"Ya malik." Salim yell as do he's miles away making him to shake his head.

"What is it?" Malik say irritated and salim chuckle.

"Your wife is beautiful, I took a picture and send it to everyone at home." Salim say trailing behind malik inside the house.

"Stop following me around." Malik say and salim chuckle before heading back outside to meet fu'ad.

"Mum." Malik call entering the kitchen where the noise is coming from.

"Malik,
I preparer your favorite mansaf." His mum say grabbing the neatly wrapped plate and hand it to him.

Malik unwrapped the plate looking at this tasteful lamb cooked in a sauce of fermented dried yogurt and grab a spoon, taking a full spoon of the sauce.

"You didn't cook this mum." Malik say savoring every taste of the dish and his mum smile.

"I didn't your wife did,
I am glad you can differentiate between my cooking with anyone's else, here is your rice." His mum say and malik drop the plate on the kitchen island.

"We are leaving mum." He say feeling all his appetite gone.

"Won't you finish your food." His mum ask and he hiss lowly.

"Our flight is this evening i want to go get ready." Malik say grabble his car key that he drop on the kitchen island.

"Falak is upstairs sleeping,
Ehmm malik did you take her to the hospital because it seems to be very difficult for her to speak now." His mum ask and malik shrug.

"We went and the doctor say she won't be able to speak anymore." Malik say without a care and saunter out of the kitchen.

He head upstairs and falak is sleeping on the lush carpeted floor cover up with a duvet, he grab the cup of milk on a table by the couch and pour it on her making her to wake up confused and sit upright.

"Let's go." He yell even do he knows she can't hear.

Falak just stare at him confuse, he grab her by the hand and make a sign for her to meet him outside before leaving making her to sigh.

"Mummy I'm leaving." Malik say once in the parlour downstairs and his mum come out of the kitchen.

"OK honey,
Please take care i already call your aunt i told her you are coming today with falak, they are excited to see her." His mum say as falak walk down the stairs with a smile.