chapter eight

The next day malik stay indoor in the BQ apartment, he's been thinking and trying to come up with a way to make her his, regardless whatever she said to him malik in his own egocentric mind forgive her for disrespecting him the way she did,
He's still trying to get more information about ramlat background but there's nothing to serious to raise an alarming redflag about the marriage between she and his uncle,
If Ramlat is a scourge as she claim to be and if she is really an avaricious lady as she called herself then he knows exactly what she needs in other to be his but something beneath him tells him there's more to the story than what she's saying,
but what is she hiding?

There's a knock on the bedroom door and he mutter a come in.

"Ya malik I've received the alert." Salim say entering the bedroom closing the door behind him.

"OK,
When are you leaving?" Malik ask and salim sit on the loveseat couch by the left side of the bedroom.

"Next week,
My girlfriend birthday is during the weekend so i can't missed it." Salim say and malik chuckle.

"What do you want to buy her for the birthday?" Malik ask suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Well,
I wanted a suprise party for her and the latest iPhone as a gift but i am rootedly broke, school was my source of income and we are on strike." Salim say and malik sit upright.

"Okay,
How about i will buy you the latest iPhone and give you some money to throw a suprise birthday for your girlfrien.......

" really,
Ohhh hahah ya malik you are the best big brother in the universe. "Salim say excitedly as malik raise his hand up for the excited boy to let him finish.

"Calm down, not so quick,
I am a businessman salim I don't do things for free,
We are going to have a deal." Malik say and salim shrug.

"Ahap,
Anything just say it i will do it." Salim say with a big smile and malik node.

He take a deep calming breathe, trust isn't something he have for anyone been a businessman can do that to you, he knows he's a good manipulator that's the number one attribute that qualify a successful businessman, so a naive salim is the perfect pawn for him to use in other to get what he want.

"So,
Do you know anything about Ramlat?
Like how did your dad meet her?
Where is she from and who are her parents?" Malik ask and salim furrow his brow confusion.

"Aunty ramlat?
Why?
Did she do anything?" Salim ask and malik shake his head.

"I'm just curious,
She just seem like a gold digger to me." Malik say with a shrug and salim blow some air through his mouth.

"Well i don't actually know much but the little i know is dad traveled to Kaduna and he came back with her as his wife, but according to mum they said her dad Alhaji modibbo Ado you probably know him, he makes some business deal went wrong with my dad and aunty ramlat is set to marry my dad as a collateral damage." Salim explain and malik smile intrigue by the topic.

"So, it's all about business then?"malik say with a fascinating smile, if his wacky uncle can pull up a business that get him to marry her, malik is sure getting ramlat won't be as difficult as he thought, he's far a better business man than the old man he called uncle.

" I don't know much but after dad brought aunty ramlat home, a guy showed up one time they said he was aunty ramlat fiancee that she was supposed to marry,
the few time i spoke with her,
well, she told me the guy was her highschool sweetheart and they where supposed to get married in two weeks before everything happened. "Salim say and malik mood instantly changes, not only did he have to deal with his uncle there's another romeo in the story.