Ch: 12 // Ep: 3

----

----

Olivia carries the groceries onto the boat for Heyward with JJ and Pope.

"You guys get these groceries over to figure eight," Heyward says, handing the bags to Pope, who lays them with the others.

"Get straight back here when you're done. No fishing," He orders, "I promised delivery by this afternoon,"

"Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy son of," JJ holds his hands out waiting for the last of the bags.

----

"Doesn't even look like a storm hit there," Pope states looking out at figure eight, which looks as perfect as normal.

"That's because they got generators, bro," JJ explains, twisting the knife round his fingers, "Get used to it. And then they say the juice will be out all summer in the cut."

"It's nice to be a kook," Pope says, voice hinted with jealousy.

"Not all ways," Liv mutters, looking down at her fingers.

----

Olivia and Pope walk along the golf course, bags clutched in their hands.

"I really like her but i dont think she likes me back," Liv sighs.

"Have you seen the way she looks at you? She's mad inlove," Pope laughs.

She shrugs and tries to change the subject, "What about you and JJ? I saw you guys dancing in the corner last night,"

"Hey whats up?" Olivia stops dead in her tracks recognising the voice. Rafe walks down to them with Topper following slowly from behind.

"How much for one of those beer?" He asks, pointing his golf club as the box of beers.

"They're not for sale," Pope replies, coldly, standing infront of Olivia. He tries to walk past but Rafe pushes him back.

"Oh wait, wait, wait. You can give us one, then, right?"

"Or you can order one, like everyone else," Olivia pipes up, standing next to Pope.

"Wait, your not listening to me," Rafe protests, "You've got so many, bro, and we've got none."

"They're not mine. They're already paid for,"

"What the hell? You probably stole it," Rafe walks up to Liv and puts the golf club in her bag and rips it open. The food spills out onto the floor.

"What the fuck, Rafe!" Liv shouts at him.

"You owe me for that!" Pope orders and Rafe hits his bag to the floor.

"Dude i don't owe you shit, pogue," He gets up in Pope's face.

"Back the fuck up, Rafe!" Liv pushes Rafe away from him. Rafe's face grows red with anger and he pushes Liv to the floor. She fills the skin on her arm scrape off as she skids along the floor.

"Stay down!" He shouts, spitting on the girl. Pope tries to run at Rafe but is stopped by Topper who tries to wrestle the beer out of his hands.

"You guys are fricking crazy!" Topper sends Pope to the floor, making him roll around and groan in pain.

"Pope!" Olivia shouts getting up from the floor. She tries to run to him but is held back by Topper. Pope gets up and tries to swing at Rafe but is met with a fist in his stomach. As he topples over, Rafe hits him on the back with the club.

"You fucking phsyco!" Liv shrieks, slipping out from Toppers grasp. She sends her fist to Rafe's face, hitting him on the jaw. He stumbles back, grabbing his jaw. He quickly stands up and picks her up. She is then met with the ground as Rafe throws her onto the floor. She lands, aggressively, next to Pope and grabs her head in pain.

He repeatedly hits her with the golf club, showing no mercy. Topper finally pushes Rafe off her trying to calm him down. He screams and throws the golf club down, it landing next to Pope.

He crouches down next to the bleeding Pope and snarls, "We don't want you down here anymore. Got that?"

"Let him go," Topper begs but Rafe doesn't listen.

"Stay off figure eight, pogue," Rafe storms off, calling Topper to follow. Topper stares at the pair before following Rafe. Pope groans and coughs up blood as he sits up. He slowly kneels down next to Liv and cradles her in his arms.

"Im so sorry, Liv," He mutters," Im so sorry i couldn't protect you." His voice cracks as he apologises and Olivia could hear her heart break.

"Hey, hey sh," She grabs Pope's head, putting his forehead against hers, "There is nothing to apologise for." She sobs. "I love you," Liv adds on the end.

"Love you too,"

"Now enough of the soppy stuff," She replies, starting to stand up. She wraps Pope's arm over her shoulder and they walk back over to the boat in silence.

----

"You're never gonna believe what happened to me, guys!" JJ shouts, as he runs across the dock. Olivia takes the ice pack of Pope's head as he mutters, "Please don't tell him, it'll only make things worse." She nods in agreement and hides it out of view.

"Whoo! That was the best 100 bucks I've every made!" JJ gets onto the boat, excitedly., "When I say count me in on all these groceries!" Pope stares ahead into the sea while Olivia sits on the floor.

"What's up with you two? Bro you good?" JJ's voice switches to worry as he looks at the pair.

"Yo what happened to your face dude?" He pulls up Pope's hat and shouts,"Jesus!"

He then looks at Liv who is trying to hide the bruises on her arms and face. He crouches down to her level and takes her hands away from her face. He lets in a short breath, seeing the state of his best friends.

"What happened?" He asks Pope, turning red with anger.

Pope hesitates the says, "Rafe and Topper jumped us,"

"They said no pogues on their side of the island," Olivia sighs, looking up at JJ.

"What are you gonna do?" JJ demands.

"Look if you're gonna pull some illegal shit, can you just drop me off at Kiara's?"

----

Olivia limps towards the Carrera's House and before she could knock on the door, it swings open and Kiara grabs the injured girl.

"Olivia!" She shouts looking down her body.

"Im fine it's just..." She starts, not knowing how to tell her what happened. Kiara pulls her into the kitchen, putting the girl on the stool. Kie grabs the first aid kit from under the sink and then cleans the dirty cut on her arm

"What happened, liv?"

"Me and Pope got jumped," She mumbles and Kiara looks up at her, with a worried look on her face.

"Don't worry, Pope's ok. JJ's helping him," Olivia explains.

"But are you okay?" Kie asks, sincerely.

"Yeah I'm just tired," She rubs her eyes and Kiara finishes bandaging up her arm. She then checks the bruises along the girls back.

"They'll be purple for a few days but it'll be fine..." Kie states. She looks up at Liv to see her eyes closed, leaning on her hand. Kiara smiles at her and carries her upstairs. She tucks Liv into bed but before she could leave Olivia grabs her hand.

"Stay, please." Olivia asks. Kie obeys, laying in the bed. Olivia snuggles against Kie and they fall asleep side by side.

----