Ch: 13 // Ep: 3

----

"You really think it's out there? Like no bullshit," Pope asks again. After the five went surfing, they decided to lay on the hammocks; JJ and Pope sitting on one while the other three shared the other. John B and Liv were snuggling together on one side while Kiara was at their feet.

"My father thought it was," John B asks truthully.

"But do you?"

"After hearing his voice on that tape," He hesitates before saying, "I think i do."

"Only one way to find out."

"Look we are gonna find it, you know?" Kie reassures, "Even JJ believes,"

"Omg, JJ, do you really believe?" John B gasps, sarcastically.

"Totally wait. Are we talking about five mil?" JJ asks.

"Five hundred mil," They all answer; Liv mumbling, trying not to fall asleep.

"Jinx," Kie whispers.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks," JJ adjusted the hammock before turning to fall asleep, "Good night bird."

"Good night bird shit,"

----

They drive the boat out to where the royal merchant wreck is believed to be. After a few hours they finally reach their destination and John B orders, "All right, JJ. Pin it here."

"Roger that. X marks the spot,"

"All right ladies and gentlemen," John B pulls out the ROV, "To going full kook." Olivia raises her beer, before downing it. He lowers it into the ocean, carefully. Olivia helps Kie with the rope making sure it doesn't get stuck.

"All right, JJ, we are right over it. Ten seconds northwest," JJ nods and repeats the order.

The rope gets to 100 feet and Kiara calls it out to the boys. Pope gasps making the others think they found something, however, he apologises, saying it's nothing.

They get to 400 feet and still nothing. "The tides turning!" Olivia warns. The storms get closer and they struggle to keep the boat above the 'wreck'.

"Keep the tether out of the prop,"

"We are trying!" The two girls shout back. Thunder starts crashing and the waves get bigger. It gets to 900 feet and the pair struggle to keep it in control.

"We are loosing it!" They get to 960 feet and they all start to worry. They are meant to be over the wreck and they still have nothing. The ROV gets to the bottom of the ocean. Everyone is silent.

"Oh god," Pope gasps.

"What? Did you find it?" Liv ask, eagerly. 

"It's the royal merchant," John B smiles and they all let out a smile of relief. Kie and Liv run over to the screen and Liv gasps, "Holy shit," Pope controls the ROV and moves it around the merchant, looking for the gold. However, they were skunked.

"It's not there," John B sighs, "Look, just- just pull the drone up."

"Look we can do another pass," Pope says, "We can go back down,"

"We've been through it three times there's nothing there," JJ shouts.

"Shut up!" Kie screams back.

"What? It's true!"

"The gold could be buried. We don't know!"

"If it was there, it would have been found on the metal detector!" John B shouts, running a stressed hand through his hair.

"Somebody beat us to it,"

----

John B and Liv drive back to the chateau. Both were silent on the way, spirits down. They open the door into the house and a voice speaks up from inside.

"Hey buddy," The voice is feminine and makes Olivia jump. She holds her hand to her chest and looks at John B, "We seriously need to put a lock on this door,"

"That won't be necessary," The voice speaks up again. A lady sits on the couch, legs crossed. John B lets out a sigh, obviously recognising the lady.

"You know, Cheryl, it's kinda a bad time for a check in," Olivia nods, realising she was a social worker.

"Not a check in. We are here to take you," She states. Olivia stops dead in her tracks and looks at John B with wide eyes. 

"Today? Really?"

"It's just a few weeks until your hearing," She shrugs.

"No, no,no. I'm not going into foster care," John B denies, "I'm not going to be apart of your little system," An officer appears beside Liv and John B stands up pulling the girl behind him. 

"This is deputy thomas, he works with the juveniles for the sheriff's department. Look i know Uncle T is down in Mississippi working at a casino. He hasn't been here in months,"

"What?" John B scoffs. John B tries to run, pulling Liv along, but Thomas quickly stops them.

"See thats my nightmare right there. I-I want an emancipation," He stutters.

"Emancipation? There's nobody here but you," She says, obviously forgetting the girl, whose eyeing the officer.

"Uh asylum then,"

"On what grounds?"

"On solid grounds. A holy ground," John B shouts, "Look I feel real prosecuted right now by you and especially Mr Big head over here," Liv snorts and earns a glare from Thomas, however she flips him off in response. The man tries to grab her but John B quickly pulls her out of his grasp.

"What you looking at bro? What you gonna do? Tase me?" He laughs, sarcastically. He looks at Liv giving him a look before they both try to run, Liv trying to distract him. However they don't get far. They try to run again, Liv pushing the man so JB could get away.

"You little shit..." He grabs John B and tackles him to the ground. He squirms in his hands, smacking his arms. Olivia tries to pull him off john but the man is too heavy.

"Cheryl get your dog off him!" Liv shouts, prying his hands off him. John b gives up fighting him and goes limp in his arms.

"Ok ok, I give up," 

----

John B shoves his clothes into the backpack and walks out, the bag clutched in his hands. The two adults follow him out, keeping a close eye on him to make sure he does not get away.

"Hey..." He mutters, sadly, walking up to the girl. He wraps his arms around her neck, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

"I love you," She says, trying to keep her tears from falling out.

"I promise i'll find a way out," His words are muffled and they part, Liv looking up at Johnny.

"Pinky promise?" She holds out her pinky.

"Pinky promise," They shake and he is then led out by the officer into the car. Liv leans on the door frame, watching the car pull out the drive way. 

----