Ch: 24 // Ep: 9

----

"Throw it," Pope orders, looking down at Sarah. The girl shares a look with her sister, who shrugs, and bends down.

"Watch your heads," She says and throws the crowbar up. Pope reaches out and grabs it in one swift movement.

"Not bad," Olivia taps Sarah on the shoulder as she laughs.

"Hey, Pope!" John B calls up, "There's a wasp nest right up there, okay? Just move slow, alright."

"Got it." He hits the wood and lets it tumble to the floor, barely missing Liv. 

"What is that?" Sarah asks, squinting as she looks up.

"Do you guys see that?" John B says.

"See what?" Liv exclaims, "I'm blind as shit."

Pope rips off a big chunk of wood and Liv gasps, "Oh. Holy shit." The golden cross was there and it glared down at their lit up faces. 

"It's here," Sarah cries. Liv covers her mouth and looks up at JJ and John B, tears in her eyes. They both look down at her then at each other before she jumps into their arms. 

"Oh my god!" Liv shrieks as they jump up and down. This is what the three of them had been dreaming of since they were 13. 

"We did it," Kie exclaims, the two girls turning towards each other. She smiles brightly at her girlfriend before running up to her. Kie rests her hands on Liv's cheek, both the happiest they have been in a long time, and they kiss. 

"We did it," Liv mutters, pulling away slowly with a large grin plastered onto her face.

"We did it," Kie repeats, hands still placed on Liv's cheeks.

"Ow!" Pope screams and the pair look to the side and up at him, "Okay, they're stinging now!"

"Take it easy!" JJ shouts, dodging the crowbar that Pope had dropped. As he swats away the wasps, his feet slip and he falls off the edge. But he was somehow able to grab onto the edge.

"Cushions!" Someone shouts and all five below run around the church grabbing pillows and putting them into a big pile. And just as Liv places the last one on, the boy falls. Liv covers her eyes in fright, hearing the boy yelp loudly as he falls. Opening her eyes a bit, she looks down to see Pope on top of the cushions.

"Oh shit," She sighs, resting her hands on her thighs, "Pope are you okay?"

"Anything broken?"

"You did not tuck and roll, for sure," JJ says.

All of a sudden, they were cut off as Pope shouts and rolls off the cushions. Liv looks up to see the cross tumbling down right at them. She grabs Kiara and pulls the both of them away. The cross digs into the floor, creating a loud bang.

"Pope are you okay?" John B asks, walking over to the boy who was lying on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm good... just give me one second to catch my breath," He answers, panting quite a bit.

"You did it, Pope," John B smiles, walking over to the cross that was buried into the floor.

"Pope, she's... she's beautiful," JJ says, tearing up.

"Do you want us to give the two of you some space?" Liv asks, pointing at JJ then the cross.

"I've never seen anything like it," Sarah gasps.

"Detail's insane."

"Well, that's why Limbrey wanted the key so bad," John B calls out and Liv makes his way over to him. Bending down, she notices the key hole John B was talking about.

"How much do you think it's worth? Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions," JJ rambles on.

"No!" John B shouts and Liv raises her eyebrows at his sudden outburst, "This belongs in the museum."

"What so no one sees her?"

"In a museum where everyone sees it."

"Are you kidding?" JJ exclaims and turns towards the blonde girl, "What do you think, Liv?"

"I'm not getting involved," She stands up, hands high in surrender.

"Come on!"

"Hey! It's my ancestors' cross!" Pope shouts.

"Right, okay," JJ says, "All right. All right."

"This is bigger than money," Pope adds, "And the world's gotta know the truth."

"Yes," John B agrees, "And if we don't get this shit outta here before Limbrey gets here, nobody's gonna know. So saddle up."

As the pogues walk over to the cross, Liv hears Pope curse, "Oh shit," while shaking his hand vigorously.

"You ok?" She asks, looking down at her hand.

"Fine," He answers, taking his place around the cross. Liv joins them slowly after.

"I'll pull, okay?" John B says as Liv gets into place, "Ready? One, two, three."

The room echoes with their grunts as they lift up the cross. Kiara and Liv were at the bottom pushing it up with all their might.

"Okay, guys, I can't, I can't," Pope groans, slowly dropping the cross.

"No, no, no, no," They all shout at the boy but he collapses onto the bench behind him.

"Damn it, yo! You almost dropped it onto my foot!" JJ shouts at Sarah.

"Cause I'm the only one lifting it!" She shouts back.

"Okay, okay, okay," John B says, "Lisen, we'll make a sling, like a little-"

"Yeah, yeah and we'll put it on the tail hitch."

"Guy, I'm not okay!" Pope cries and all heads turn to look at him, "I'm not okay."

"Shit, your eyes," Liv gasps, "It looks all puffy."

"You don't look too good," JJ says, tapping the boys cheek.

"I can't-"

"He's having an allergic reaction," Kie says.

"How many times did you get stung?" Sarah asks but he doesn't respond. Instead, his eyes roll in the back of his head and his body goes limp. 

"Shit, hey, hey, hey!"

JJ grabs Pope, protectively, pulling the boy over one shoulder while Liv gets the other. The pair help Pope out of the church and into the van as the others hide the cross.

"I can't breathe!"

"I know," Liv whispers, trying her best to comfort the gasping boy.  

"Hey, what do you need, Pope?" JJ asks pulling him into the back of the van.

"A shot," He wheezes.

"A shot!" Liv repeats, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I know where to go! Give me the keys!" JJ shouts and Kie passes them to him.

Olivia and Kie sit in the back, holding Pope while the rest squish into the front.

"Hey, you're okay. You're okay," Liv whispers, keeping her hand on his heart to check his pulse.

----

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K READS!! This is actually incredible, I never expected this book to get as much love as it has. You guys are amazing, I love you!