Ch: 16 // Ep: 6

----

"Ladies and gentlemen, Ward Cameron, King of the Kooks, is going to jail!" JJ exclaims from the other room. Liv digs her face further into the pillow, watching the boys laugh and cheer. She couldn't help but feel ashamed. She should be happy that the pogues were back together and that justice was being served but she couldn't.

"Do you two regret it?" Kie asks, noticing the look on both Sarah and Olivia's face.

"No," They both answer at the same time.

"He deserves all of it, and I know that," Sarah answers.

"He's your guys's dad," Kie shrugs, "I get that. I'm sure it sucks being in the middle."

Sarah's phone lights up and she excuses herself from the room. After a few seconds of silence, Sarah walks back over to them and grabs Liv, "They've just signed the warrant. They're getting him now."

----

As John B drives the twinkie towards the Cameron's house, a plethora of police cars zoom past them.

"Oh my god. Can you please hurry up?" Sarah panics, "I need to be there for Wheezie."

"You think I wanna miss this?" John B scoffs. Olivia keeps her head down, legs shaking with anxiety. They finally reach the house, jumping out the van and peering over the fence. Olivia watches as a handful of cops, begin to run away from the house.

"Screw it, I'm going over," John B curses, pushing himself over the fence. JJ helps Liv over and she runs towards the house, her twin at her side. 

"Wheezie," Sarah wraps her arms around the little girl and ushers Olivia in to join the hug.

"Go inside," Sarah whispers.

"And don't come out, okay?" Olivia bends down to her level, grabbing her shoulders. Leaving Wheezie and Rose in the garden, the pogues run towards the Dethers. Their big, white boat stands on the water, Ward present on top.

"Dad!" Sarah shouts, catching his attention as they are let through the crowd of guards.

"What are you two doing here?" Ward shouts, voice cracking.

"Dad! What are you doing?" Olivia shrieks. The corner of Ward's mouth lifts up as he realises this was the first time she has called him Dad for years.

"Vic! You gotta get them outta her!" He shouts, "They can't be here right now!"

"Just come on in! And you can talk to them!" Shoupe shouts back.

"Sarah, Olivia I'm sorry! I can't!" He pushes a button and the anchor starts to lift up.

"What are you doing?" Sarah cries.

"No, no, no stop it, please!" Liv shouts.

"Ward! This ain't going to end the way you want it to." Police boats appear in the distance surrounding him, "You don't need them seeing this!"

"Dad! Don't leave!" Sarah cries.

"Where are you going?!"

"I love you!" He shouts towards the pair, "Olivia... I love you, okay?"

Tears run down Olivia's face as she watches her father go into the boat, out of sight. Then the boat explodes. A bang echoes through the sky and the boat goes up in flames. Olivia gasps, clutching her shirt tightly. 

"No, no, no, no," She repeats, hands flying up to her head. This wasn't meant to happen. Her legs begin to feel weak, as she cries and pleads for her father. Feeling every ounce of hatred towards the man slip away. Right now, he was her dad. The man who used to read her stories before she went to sleep. The man who would buy her every teddy she had ever wanted. He was her father and beneath every cruel word he had ever said, he loved her. 

She collapses onto her knees, not even noticing the pain that shot up her legs. Rivers of tears flooded down her face. She doesn't even feel Kiara's warm hands on her shoulders. She doesn't notice John B's eyes travelling down to her helpless body. All she could think about was how little time Liv and her father had spent with eachother and now... he was gone.

----

 "A great man once said that if you're born poor, that''s not your fault, but if you die poor, well, that's on you," The familiar voice of her father rings through the room, "I think in the end, it was my fear of going back, of losing everything I have that made me lose sight of everything I am... everything I wanted to be. I killed Big John Routledge,"  Liv knew that he did it, she knew that he killed him but hearing him say it made it 100 times worse. Big John Routledge became her own father when Ward couldn't be and now, she felt like she was betraying him. Betraying her real family, not her blood one. 

"I murdered Sheriff Peterkin. I shot Gavin Barnstead. I know there is nothing I could do to ease the pain I've caused. Many will say I took the easy way out. But I leave this world with a terrible pain of knowing that I leave behind my family, shattered by grief, broken by my sins. I don't expect you to forgive me for leaving you this way. I just pray you understand that... I can't go on ruining your lives anymore. This has to end. To all of you, I leave my estate, to be divided equally. And I leave a love deeper than I could ever express. Take care of eachother." 

Olivia lifts her head from her knees, mascara smudged under her eyes. She stares at the laptop, angrily, watching Sarah slam it shut.

"I... I can't do this anymore," Olivia sighs, a sob falling from her mouth and runs out of the house, slamming the door shut behind her. She makes her way across the lawn but is stopped when Rafe walks towards her. She tries to walk around him but he blocks her path.

"Don't you fucking dare," She cries, backing away from him.

"Olivia please-"

"No, I'm not doing this anymore. I am done with you."

"Please! Dad wants us to talk-"

"I don't give a shit about what he wants because, frankly, it doesn't concern me," She lies through gritted teeth.

"You don't give a shit?" He turns his head to the side, "Of course you give a shit because otherwise, you wouldn't be here. Dad wants us to make peace, find a common ground so that's what I am going to do! I am not... I am not going to let him die like that, with his children fighting. It's not what he would have wanted. I am going to be different now... I'm sorry. For real this time."

After realising he wasn't going to get a response out of her, he nods, spinning on his heels and walking the other way.

----