Ch: 31 // Ep: 10

----

Sarah, Liv and John B walk out of the church with their hoods raised. They hear Topper run out of the blazing building and Shoupe shouting in anger once realising that wasn't John B. The trio start to run as they cops disperse, looking for the real John B. 

After a few minutes of running, Sarah leads them to a house in figure eight. 

"We can hide in here."

"You sure this place is empty?" John questions, hesitantly walking to the house.

"Yeah it's Rose's listing," Liv answers for her, shining the torch on the 'for sale' sign, with Rose's face in the middle. They run up to the door and Sarah punches the code in, repeating the numbers out loud.

The shouts of the police become louder as they walk along the road. 

"Shit," Sarah curses and they forcibly push the door open and stumble inside. They shut the door and crouched behind it. A police officer walks up to the house, rattling the door knob. They then look through the windows and leave once they don't see anyone.

"Hey lets go upstairs," John B whisper and him and Sarah help eachother up but before walking off they look back down at the girl.

"You coming?"

"Nah I'll sleep on the couch. I'll leave you two love birds alone," Liv puts on her best fake smile and walks to the living room. She grabs a blanket from behind it and sets up the pillows so it feels like someone is beside her. Liv clutches the pillow and feels a tear run down her cheek, for the 100th time today. But this time she can't hold in the sob that comes out next. She buries her face into the pillows and cries until sleep washes over her.

----

A shout from outside wakes Liv up, making her jump up in shock. She looks around confused on where she is until the events of yesterday came crashing down onto her. She was a fugitive and the whole of outer banks was looking for her. She trudges towards the window and looks out to see a bunch of boats cruising along the sea with many policemen, including Shoupe in them. 

Liv here footsteps from upstairs meaning John B and Sarah were up. She makes her way upstairs to see John B in the room looking out the window.

"Hey man," She says, startling him.

"Oh it's just you," He sighs clutching his chest.

"Well don't be too happy," He rolls his eyes with a sleepy smiles and brings her into a hug.

"Where's Sarah?" She mumbles into his chest.

"Well she left me this note, so I think she's going to the police," John B hands her the note. Liv's eyes skim over the note and then she sighs handing it back to him. Liv was about to say something when they heard the front door open. They both freeze, staring at eachother with wide eyes. They slowly walk towards the stairs and look down to see Sarah walking up them.

"Omg," Liv says, rubbing her forehead with relief.

"Sarah where have you been?" John B cries as Sarah sobs while falling into his arms.

"It's getting really bad out there," She whispers into his arms, tears streaming down her cheeks. Olivia feels sick to her stomach seeing her sister in the state she was in. They hear cars parked in front of the house and they look out the window to see the police outside.

"Shit..." They run down the stairs and out the back door. They grab some paddleboards from the side of the dock. They run into the water and swim away on them. 

----

"John B where are you going?" Sarah asks, as John B starts to paddle himself towards in a different direction.

"I've got to go home."

"What?" Liv replies, shocked, "No there'll be cops crawling all over there."

"Yeah thats ok... Look I don't want you two to come-"

"What do you mean?" Sarah asks, sitting up.

"The gold from the Craines house. It's at the Chateau," He answers, "My dads been looking for that for years. It's all I got left of him, I gotta get it. And we're gonna need the money."

"Ok well then I'm coming with you," Liv shrugs.

"No you are not."

"Yes I am," The pair go back and forth until John B rolls his eyes and gives up, knowing this was an argument he could not win.

"But you'll get caught?"

"Then we get caught," He shrugs.

"Then all of this is for nothing," Sarah exclaims.

"No it's not. Listen to me please," He shouts, "I need you to go to the boat clock in an hour."

"No I'm coming with you," Sarah cries.

"Your not."

"Yes I am."

"You're not coming with me! It's too dangerous!" John B shouts, "Go to the boat dock. I'll see you in an hour.

"If we don't have money we wont go anywhere. We're loosing time." And with that John B starts to paddle away and Liv gives her sister a sad smile.

"We're already in deep shit, he doesn't want you to get into trouble as well," She shrugs before following John B.

----

Once they reach the Chateau, they creep up to it, dripping wet from the water. They see Shoupe walk out the house and they quickly hide. The two policemen carry a box of evidence and a bag of the gold and put them in the van. The officers walk away and John B and Liv take this opportunity to run to it. John b grabs his bag from the back while Liv gets into the passenger seat. She grabs the gold and puts it in the bag.

"So what now?" She asks as John B tries to start the car but fails.

"We lure them out," He answers grabbing the radio.

"Shoupe you there buddy," He says into it, "I think you know who it is. Come out slowly." Shoupe walks out of the gun in the air and John B puts his hands up and exclaims, "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!"

"We just want to talk," Liv pleads, her hands flying up.

"Take it easy!"

"We didn't do it shoupe," John B cries.

"Calm down," Shoupe warns, "Keep your hands where we can see em, all right?"

"Okay," They sighs.

"Now I'm gonna approach the vehicle and if you don't run, I won't chase," He slowly walks towards the van, "I wanna talk to you kid. I'm coming down."

"Hey listen... listen, I didn't do it. We didn't do it."

"Okay I'm listening."

"It's not what you think, okay?" John B says.

"Take your hand off the gun," Liv shouts, seeing the police officer reach for it, "Both of you please."

"Tell him to take his hand off," John B orders.

"Get your hand off your weapon," Shoupe demands and the man next to him lifted his hand off of it, "All right so we're gonna talk, right?"

"Yeah... Im gonna tell you everything okay," John B distracts as Liv reaches down to the engine button.

"Hey I want to see that hand-" Shoupe starts but before he could finish, Liv presses the button and John B drives off. The officers run after them but give up, screaming into their radios.