Ch: 31 // Ep: 10

----

The pair made their way throughout the ship, making sure to look out for Rafe. They turned a corner in the maze of hallways when they heard a scream. Looking down the hallway then back at each other, Liv and John B took off down the hallway towards the familiar cries. They reached a door and John B shoved it open, revealing who stood outside.

Ward was looking down at his daughter as she clawed at his hands. Ward's knuckles were white from the sheer amount of pressure he was applying to Sarah's neck.

Liv and John B did not hesitate to jump into action. John B closed fists connected with Ward's cheek sending him backwards as Sarah's body fell to the ground. Liv ran to her sisters aid, grabbing the girl's head.

"Liv," Sarah coughed, tears forming in her eyes, "I was coming to get you. I promise-"

"Hey, hey, hey," Liv shushed her, running her fingers through Sarah's hair to try and calm her down. Of course, she would come back to get her, Liv did not doubt that for a second.

Once Ward was on the floor, struggling to breathe like his daughter, John B knelt next to them, moving into Liv's position and comforting his girlfriend. As Liv stood up, she didn't notice her father behind her. His arms wrapped around her neck pulling her backwards. She cried out in pain as she was thrown to the ground. Pain shoots through her already bloody head, making the next few moments a blur.

She missed John B attempting to tackle Ward but instead, the man was able to get a good grip on his neck and pulled him away. She missed John B pushing Ward, making him fall back and slam his head onto the edge of the ship.

Her eyes slowly open as she regained consciousness after a few seconds. As she sat up, her eyes widened at the sounds of her fathers whimpers and groans. 

"Is this how you killed my father?" John B cries, grabbing the man by the shirt, "You just threw him into the ocean? I never got to say goodbye. Because of you."

Liv's heart ached for John B as she watched him wrap his hands around Ward's flannel shirt, pulling him upwards. John B's tear filled eyes lifted up to meet his girlfriend's numb face as she nodded slightly.

His head then turned towards his best friend. However, Liv did not meet his eyes at first. Instead, she continued to look at her father, with an expression full of anger. But after a few seconds, she looked up at him, with a blank expression. She knew he was confused with what to do, torn between revenge or letting go for them. And she didn't want to effect his decision, she wanted it to be his and his only.

So he let go. Ward groaned slightly as his head hit the floor. Sarah's eye closed, letting a single tear fall down.

"Hey, we gotta go," John B said, grabbing his girlfriend's hands and standing up.

Liv stood up, stumbling slightly as dizziness over took her. 

"Hey, you okay?" Liv flinched at the sound of her best friend's voice and her eyes opened to see the pair staring at her.

"Never better," Liv smiled reluctantly.

"Well, we gotta pick up the others," John B said and grabbed Sarah's hand, walking to the edge of the ship. Counting down from three, the pair jumped from the ship.

Liv paused for a second, looking down at Ward. His eyes were staring right back at her with an expression that Liv couldn't decipher. And she couldn't help but grimace back at him.

"You just can't stop, can you?" Liv growled, eyes narrowing, "Karma's a bitch."

Then she jumped.

----