Ch: 8 // Ep: 3

----

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue," Kie complains as the four of them sit at the back of the truck. The salty air of the sea runs past them as the boat sails to their destination. 

"They're just looking out for you, Kie," Liv says, knowing what it was like to have parents who don't give a shit.

"Whose side are you on?" Kie glares and Liv raises her hands.

"Hey, I hear they have good weed at boarding school," JJ shrugs.

"Im not going to boarding school. They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up and throw me in a van."

"Well I say," JJ says, "we just crumble some herb right now."

"Hey kie," Pope calls, looking up at her, "have you tried to hit John B on that number yet?"

"Like twenty million times."

"That's quite a few times," JJ chuckles.

"Some random lady at a hotel kept answering," She says.

"Well until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name," Liv says.

"And right now this letter is our best bet," Pope adds holding up the piece of paper.

"Right stay on task," JJ grins, "Thats why I love ya, Pope." He gives Pope a peck on the lips making the boy turn red.

"What Pope you gonna be today?" Kie says, holding out a joint.

"Im good," He answers shaking his head, "Im gonna try and focus."

"Good Pope," Kie sighs and mutters, "Boring Pope," as she sits down next to JJ.

"I'll take that," JJ grins then proceeds to act like a dog, barking and panting.

----

"Guys I've read this thing like a thousand times," Liv sighs, eyes scanning the paper again, "It makes no sense. I mean the Limbery's own like half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murderer on Kildare island?"

"Why you specifically? Thats the other creepy thing," JJ points out.

"'Please come alone' That's hella sus," Kie adds.

"I was thinking the same thing because I think it's because-" A hiss comes from the front of the car and smoke appears, enabling them to see.

"Oh god."

"What is that?"

"Pull over man."

"Pope, i got sensitive lungs," JJ exclaims, coughing. Pope, hastily, pulls the car over, losing part of the wheel.

"It's gonna blow!" Kie exclaims.

"Its not gonna blow up! You probably unhooked the radiator, Pope," JJ says, "I haven't seen this before. You knocked the entire hubcap off!"

"You might wanna reschedule your meeting tonight," Liv says, bending down to pick up the hubcap.

"Plan B... we could use public transportation," Kie suggests, "We could hitch hike, rent bikes."

"Yeah it's the radiator," JJ confirms and Pope numbly says, "My dad's gonna kill me."

"Yeah he might, he might."

----

"Dude's in heaven right now," JJ chuckles, "'Gotta know the calibration point before you do anything with the intake value, JJ. You do the-"