Ch: 28 // Ep: 9

----

"She had the hammer back. You know that," Rafe says, while silent tears fall down Liv's cheeks. She presses the side of her head on the window, eyes closed.

"No," Sarah shakes her head.

"She was going to blow his head off."

"No she was arresting him Rafe," Olivia mutters, just loud enough for him to hear.

"Okay but I couldn't just sit back and let that happen, okay? She was gonna kill him," Rafe exclaims, "Yeah yeah she was gonna kill him." He repeats, like he was trying to persuade himself more than the girls. Tears run down his face as he starts hyperventilating.

Suddenly, Sarah tries to jump out of the car making Liv scream and her and Rafe leap forward to grab her. Rafe violently pulls her back in screaming at her. 

"Rafe let go of her!" Olivia shouts prying Rafe's hands off her. Rafe pushes Liv back so she hits her head hard on the back of the seat. She groans in pain clutching the back of her head.

"I swear to god, all right!" Rafe screams, "I had it with your bullshit, you two! You need to focus. You understand me?"

"Do you realise what you've done?" Liv shrieks.

"I saved dad," He replies voice breaking, "What was I supposed to do, okay? Sit there, hope for the best. All right, listen, i'm a proactive type of person. Liv, Im a proactive type of person." He looks back and grabs Liv's chin forcing her to look at him but she quickly pushes him off her.

"Don't you dare touch me!"

"Hope is not a strategy!"

"Rafe the car" Sarah shouts pulling him around to face the incoming car. He quickly swerves around the car.

"I'm the problem solver in this family, okay."

"Okay," Sarah wimpers. 

"Okay?!" He shouts at Olivia at the back who shouts back, "Okay!"

Liv reaches forward and grabs the sobbing Sarah's hand.

----

They reach the Cameron's house and Olivia slowly gets out, hands hugging her waist.

"Hey your dads is not gonna like that you're back home," She hears Rose call out to Rafe.

"Well he told me to."

"Well he didn't tell me," Rose says but stops as she sees the two girls walking out the car, with tears running down their faces. 

"Why aren't you on the plane?" She asks Sarah but she replies, "Ask Rafe." and storms off, pulling Liv along beside her. Once upstairs, Olivia walks into the bathroom and turns the faucet of the sink on with shaky hands. She grabs the flannel off the side and starts rubbing her blood stained hands. She tries and tries to rub it off but the red stain would not leave. She starts rubbing harder and soon enough just breaks down. Liv feels her knees start to tremble and give way but familiar arms warp around hers and keep her up.

Sarah and Olivia stay in that position as Liv cries into her shoulder. Sarah then helps her up and gently washes Liv's hands. The girls then walk back to their own rooms, giving eachother a sad smile before closing the doors.

Olivia slowly changes into her pyjamas and climbs into bed. She stares at the ceiling as silent tears run down her cheek before slowly drift off to sleep.

----

Early in the morning, Olivia left the house early and text the pogues to meet her at an abandoned house a few miles out. She walks along the road and sees a vehicle parked in a garage, out of sight from the ongoing cars. She sees Kiara get out of it and run towards her and the pair grab eachother into a hug.

"Kiara..." Liv sobs making Kie grab her even tighter, "Is she...?" 

"Yeah," Kie nods making Liv gasp. She feels her knees buckle as she cries into Kiara's shoulder. Peterkin is dead. A wave of guilt washes over her.

"Hey I got you. I got you," She repeats, stroking her hair tenderly. They feel a bunch of arms wrap around them as JJ, Pope and John B join in with the hug. Olivia smiles slightly, feeling comfortable in the hands of her friends.

"Hey guys we better get going," JJ sniffs, breaking away from the hug, rubbing his eyes. They all agree breaking away from the hug. JJ, Pope and Kiara walk away but as Liv starts walking to the car she gets pulled back by John B.

"Hey im so sorry I left you..." John B apologises, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

 "No no it's okay," She stops him, raising her hand.

"But god im so glad your ok," He pulls her into a hug and she laughs into his chest.

"I love you bro."

"Love you."

----

For the next few hours they all sit in the car, listening to the radio talk nonstop about sheriff peterkins death. Having enough, Kiara turns the radio off. 

"Let's game this out," JJ says, "Maybe you guys can help being the smart ones and all but who are the cops gonna believe. Ward Cameron or us?"

"Love the optimism JJ," Liv says, sarcastically.

"So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island and the accused is John B, who is pretty much a homeless 16 year old boy at the moment."

"Thanks," John B replies coldly.

"Okay man. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do we have?" JJ shrugs but John B rolls his eyes saying, "Enough with the mexico bullishit." while Liv says, "We are not moving to mexico." at the same time.

"Look Sarah and Liv will bail me out," John b says.

"They did witness the whole thing," Kie says looking back at her.

"Will she snitch on her brother?" Pope asks, talking about Sarah.

"It's not happening bro," JJ sits up.

"Look I love Sarah but her and Rafe are really close," Liv agrees.

"See we've gotta get you off the island."

"The ferry. It's the only way," Pope tells them.

"Yeah exit stage left while you still can, before the entire island is on lockdown."

"Guys get down," Kie warns as a Police car passes.

"Sarahs not a pogue, John B," Pope sighs.

"Yeah man you can't stay here."

----