Ch: 23 // Ep:8

----

"Something's touching my leg!" Liv shouts, hopping around in the water, "Pope! I'm not kidding."

"Chill out," Pope groans, grabbing some driftwood, "JJ was just kidding, there's nothing in these waters."

"How do-" Liv starts but is interrupted by a scream.

"Liv! Pope!" Sarah's voice echos through the woods.

"Sarah?" She shouts back, pitch high and full of anxiety.

"Hurry!"

Pope and Liv share a look of worry then make their way across the water. John B was nowhere to be seen. Sarah runs across the the splashes in the water.

"The gator has him!" 

"Oh yeah, there's 'nothing', right?" Liv shrieks, sarcastically.

Suddenly, the splashing stops and everything goes silent. Liv and Pope watch as John B resurfaces, with an alligator attached to his stomach. Sarah repeatedly hits the animal trying to loosen its grip on John B. Their tactic works and soon enough the boy was released just as the other two pogues reach them.

Liv quickly pulls John B up and away from the alligator, "You ok?"

"Holy shit," John B gasps.

"Get to the twinkie!"

----

"Careful," Pope calls out, "I'm pretty sure that'll get infected."

"Oh god, I'm gonna be sick," Liv heaves, looking at John B's wound on his leg.

"Yeah, you're lucky it didn't cut into the muscle too much," Sarah tells him.

"Lucky I got bit by an alligator," John B pants, wincing, "And my car is underwater."

"Wow, my man nearly lost his leg but he's still cracking jokes," Liv says, patting the boy on the back making him hiss in pain, "Sorry."

"Do you have something to wrap it with?" Sarah asks, "You know, to stop the bleeding."

John B nods and pulls out his bandanna, handing it to Sarah. The girl freezes at the sight of it but takes it out of his hand and wraps it around his calf.

"Oh and speak of the freaking devil," Pope speaks up, nodding to the car heading towards them. Liv's faces lights up as she spots Kie in the front.

"Look who it is," Pope continues, "The tortoise and the tortoise. Just a couple hours late. Where the hell were you guys?"

"Paternal complications," Kiara answers with slight hesitation.

"Luke was at the chateau," JJ adds.

"Luke?" Liv spits in disgust.

"Oh great," Pope exclaims, "While you were having family time with your Pops, John B got bit by a gator!"

"Like for real?"

"Does it look like we're joking?"

"Okay, what the hell happened?" Kie asks.

"What happened? I got bit by an alligator!" John B shouts. 

"I dunno why I'm being yelled at!" Kie yells, "I put my ass on the line!"

Liv's eyes travel down to her fingers as she picks at the skin. She hates when they fight like this.

"You're being yelled at because it was 20 minutes-" Both John B and Pope shouts at the same time.

"Guys," Liv calls out, noticing JJ on the side, grabbing his chest. She had been friends with him long enough to know that this meant a panic attack was coming.