Ch: 19 // Ep: 6

----

"We're in battery, right here," Pope points to the spot on the map as they look at the coast below, "So if this is parcel 9 then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere over there," Kie repeats.

"Over there? Guys thats not Tannyhill that's a subdivision," JJ points out.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island." John B states, "It got sold into smaller pieces over time."

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall."

----

"Ok so the road should split up here," Pope says, looking dow at the map, "All right. You're gonna take a left." John B does what he says, until they meeta stone wall.

"That looks like a stone wall to me," JJ exclaims. Olivia groans looking at the house behind the wall and she moans, "Not the crain house."

"Are you kidding me?" Kiara says, noticing it as well. The pogues get out the van and slowly walk towards the wall.

"Worse-case scenario," JJ sighs and Pope groans, "Why'd it have to be here? Of all places."

"I heard that Mrs Crain buried her husband's head on the property," JJ tells them.

"Look you guys know whose house this is right?" Kiara asks as they walk through the overgrown garden.

"Oh yeah. No i do," JJ answers.

"Honestly I don't really believe the stories of this place," John B shrugs and Pope shushes him as if Mrs Crain could hear them.

"Which stories did you hear?" JJ whispers to the girls.

"Oh you know the usual, killing her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since," Liv answers trying not to trip over the pieces of wood on the floor.

"On certain nights when the moon is full," Kiara starts but Olivia walks ahead, with a mischievous smile on her face. She hides behind one of the statues, waiting for the rest of them.

"I swear to god, this is all real. I knew Hollis," JJ exclaims but pauses as he realises the girls absence.

"Liv?" He calls out, slowly walking towards the statues.

"Liv this isn't funny," He whines, scared to walk forward. As soon as JJ was close enough, Olivia jumps out shouting, "Boo!"

JJ squeals jumping into pope's arms. Liv leans over in laughter, tears running down her eyes.

"You should have seen your face!" Liv laughs pointing at him as he jumps away from Pope, readjusting his clothes. 

"As i was saying," JJ carries on, voice lower in pitch to show his 'masculinity, "I knew Hollis."

"Wait you knew Hollis?" John B asks and JJ nods.

"Wait dude, how'd you know Hollis Crain?" Pope asks, putting his hand on JJ's chest.

"She was my baby sitter, man. She told me all about it," JJ says, "Told me the truth... about her mother." 

"And what happened in this house," He adds for suspence, "So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father and  she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

"Until what night?"

"It all came back to her," He says, trying his best to sound creepy, "When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink... full of blood."