Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Status

   Today was the 2nd day of classes, 1st-year high school student Horo Tokio decided to accept his circumstances. There was no use moaning and complaining about his cursed plug-in. He decided to adopt his current situation.

'Status'

After he thought of those words inside his mind, a holographic panel immediately appeared that he could only see just like in that game-like system and isekai web novels.

[ Status

Name: Horo Tokio (Jikan Yugame)
Category: Hidden Boss
Level: 1
Charm: 55
Luck: 85
Endurance: 14
Stamina: 1/1

Remarks: For a Hidden Boss of this world, this status is disappointing and might as well die at the hands of the ordinary people of this world.  ]

As expected, the previous category which was labeled as mob character was now replaced by a hidden boss category. Previously, with the mob character category, there was the bonus of gaining traits of anonymity.

[ Hidden Boss:
→ The character that hides in darkness

Features:

• Immunity to the shadow games of characters except for Millenium Items Users, Main Villains, and Protagonist
• + 80 charisma to cannon fodder characters
• +20 charisma to main villain characters

Bonus:

• Absorbing the trait of the Mob Character

° Anonymity (Skill):
→ A skill that can be turned on and off at will
→ Gain anonymity from the characters of this world except for the protagonist    ]

Before transmigrating into this world, he used to play duel links and the master duel. His username on those both accounts was Jikan Yugame. It wasn't his real name that was shown in the status beneath the identity of his transmigration.

He was among those players in the game that has the feeling of being pretentious and imagining what it's like to be a protagonist. As a result, just like those other players, he has chosen a username that has a 'Yu'. Every Yugioh protagonist must have a Yu in their name!

It wasn't the worse decision that he made in his life. It wasn't the best either. But thankfully, he has still some semblance of normality that he hasn't chosen any sexual connotated or immoral usernames.

He has avoided a disaster.

Aside from the main quest task that was given to him at the moment of his crossing over, the Status feature of the system was the only thing that was available to him.

Over the 5 years, he has remained a level 1. Horo Tokio knows that he should feel embarrassed but it wasn't his fault that he could only level up through duel monsters.

The game wasn't out yet at the moment of his transmigration. But soon, since there would be a month and a few weeks that it would be available in this country, then he can level up soon. But the moment that he levels up, he can't add points to the charm and luck value since it was decided by the system to be already permanent. He was only given one chance to modify his charm and luck points. After that, there was no backing down. He has given a lot of points during the start of his transmigration, after thinking about it carefully, he decided to put more into the luck than charm.

Things that he considered was the owner of the body wasn't bad-looking. As a certified enthusiast of beautiful things, he can tell that the owner wasn't ugly and could be seen as a cute kid. In the future, he wouldn't be lacking in the face department.

5 years after, he was right. With an above-average appearance and can be described as good-looking, Horo Tokio was satisfied.

In this world of Duel Monsters, what could be the use of a pretty face when everyone was playing cards?

If he encounters a duelist someday that plays cards based on luck and dice, it was better to up his chance to win against them.

But maybe as expected of a lazy ass like himself, his endurance and stamina are lacking from the average people in this world.

Unlike the charm and luck status, the stamina and endurance could change through effort and the points that would be given when he levels up.

Unfortunately, for the past 5 years, Horo Tokio hasn't done anything noteworthy to raise his endurance and stamina.

Horo Tokio reasoned at himself that it would be dangerous for this new body since the previous owner has a weak and sickly body. All records about him during his primary school days lead to him as the student with most of the absents in his primary school because he would always end up sick or have a fever.

Horo Tokio knows that it was a pathetic excuse. But he didn't feel guilty for his actions.

Since transmigration, he mostly spent his days relaxing and not enjoying the second puberty experience.

With only having 14 endurance, he only has 1/1 stamina. According to the system logic, since he has only 14 endurance, he could only play duel monsters against someone once a day.

If he has endurance in the middle of 30 to 40, then he can play 3 duels for a day.

For a despicable salted fish, he can raise his endurance through the attribute points once he levels up by dueling. Those were his thoughts before he learned that he gained a cursed plug-in.

Now that he has the Hidden Boss System, he was slightly regretful. But there was still a desire in his heart to remain as a salted fish. If possible, he plans to have a few duels every day possible. Horo Tokio didn't want to grind and work hard.

But it didn't want to punish by the system, it was better to do the task and gain some benefits.

Yet looking at the Hidden Boss Features, he couldn't help but feel his smile turn stiff. He notices the ominous charisma of those troublesome characters.

In his mind, he was already imagining the female cannon fodder characters throwing themselves at him and the male cannon fodders swearing their loyalty and eyes full of fanatism. Horo Tokio shivered at the thought.