Chapter 72

AN:

    If I would create an original deck on this fanfic for the Protagonist... I would base it on Gotham City and the Criminals plus the Batman and the Robins..

Chapter 72: The Shadow Realm Sin Wardens

     Eons ago, Zorc Necrophades is born from the darkness of human hearts. The Shadow Realm is a place created by him. Serving as his home before he attempted to invade the human world and destroy every human life. However, he failed in his attempt and was sealed by the Pharaoh 3,000 years ago.

After his disappearance, the Shadow Realm became an empty place where no one lives. However, as time passed, it became inhabited by the people and spirits alike.

Humans – Innocents, sinners, and criminals who were sent there as a result of a Shadow Game.

Duel Spirits – Who came from the Spirit World and arrived at the Shadow Realm in various ways.

There were those duel spirits who got lost and never found their way back to their home world. And Duel Spirits who were banished from their own home from the Spirit World.

The Shadow Realm has become home for sinners and lost beings. Civilization and Hierarchy are established. And Zorc Necrophades are respected by most of the duel spirits that live in the Shadow Realm.

The Shadow Realm is a place where humans and duel spirits coexist. All of the beings that lived here, struggle and suffer together as long as their will to live continue to exist.

It was also a place for depravity and thus, the City Keepers of the 7 cities established became the rulers of this place.

It was a place that was different from the World of Darkness. A place located between the Human World and the Spirit World. A state in between the living and the dead. Schrodinger's Limbo of Eternal Suffering.

After meeting Kage Kaiba, Tokio was welcomed by the Sin City Keepers in the Meeting Room in his lair. Now those Sin City Keepers are known as the Sin City Wardens. Some of the Sin City Keepers have been replaced since they weren't willing to compromise and submit to his Authority when he managed to defeat the former headkeeper, Mr. Ishtar.

Speaking of Mr. Ishtar, along with those former head keepers who attempted to eliminate him after Mr. Ishtar's defeat, all of them are currently chilling in Shadow Realm's only prison. Located just below in the 8th City, the head keeper's city and now Tokio's Lair as the current Sin Warden Lord. Jikan Yugame – The Sin Overseer.

The defeat of the former headkeeper of the Shadow Realm Changes things. In this place, the strong replace the weak. The strong orders are a must.

With Tokio becoming the new headkeeper, he can do anything he wants in the Shadow Realm. All of the current inhabitants of the Shadow Realm must obey his orders.

After the defeat of Mr. Ishtar and the imprisonment of the disobedient former city keepers, the first thing that Tokio did was change the title of the keepers and himself. He did it to differentiate himself from Mr. Ishtar.

He knows that changing the name of the keepers has given their titles different connotations. Before, City Keepers made the chosen Sin City Wardens sound Good and they were only doing their job as guardians.

Now that they were called Sin City Wardens, the connotations of their new titles are different. However, aside from the change of leadership, and some things that Tokio would enforce now that he was the leader of the Shadow Realm, their task of punishing unruly inhabitants of the Shadow Realm would be still the same.

However, he must keep watching that there would be no wrongful punishments and imprisonment in the Shadow Realm Pandora Prison just beneath the former headkeeper's lair which was now his lair and known as the Melancholy City.

The Shadow Realm cities are named after the 7 deadly sins, Tokio saw it fitting to name the 8th city after another sin. And Tokio knows that calling the 8th City Vanity wouldn't fit his theme. So he decided on Melancholy.

There was already the Sloth City which Tokio had replaced the former city keeper. The new Sloth City Sin Warden is one of his Duel Spirits, the Slacker Magician.

Aside from Sin City Wardens, Tokio would like to add another authority to the Shadow Realm. Tokio would call them the Sin City Guardians.

The Wardens would be the ones in charge of managing the Sin Cities while the Guardians are the brute force. When the authority and power of the Sin Cities are more divided, the harder it is for some Wardens to think of betraying Tokio.

As for some people working together to overthrow Tokio? Please, this isn't the Equestria. Where friendship is Magic and the Lalala land of nauseating and vomiting positivity.

Tokio is aware that this is a world where " I believe with my bond of the cards " world. However, Shadow Realm is different from the Yugioh Protagonists and their friends.

This is a place of sinners. A place for corrupt people. There indeed may be some innocent people dragged here and there, however, once they arrive in the shadow realm and are unable to come out for a long time, this place would corrupt them.

To survive in this place, to avoid suffering, they have no choice but to adapt to this new environment and forget their kindness and morals. Do all kinds of methods to rise above others and become strong.

After listening to the history of the shadow realm and the cities, and Tokio relaying some of his plans and rules for the new city, Frozen Lady Justice who has managed to keep her position as the Sin City Wrath Warden has relayed to Tokio that while he was gone and returned to Earth, there are several attempts of the inhabitants of the Shadow Realm challenging the Wardens.

Tokio wanted to sigh when he heard the information.

What a pain in the ass. There were a lot of things that he needed to do. There were a lot of unruly and undisciplined citizens in the Sin Cities (Except Sloth City). If they cause a ruckus, he can't just make them all go to the Pandora Prison.

Challenging for power and authority – that is how things work in the Shadow Realm.

Glancing at the Wardens, Tokio has an idea. As a new headkeeper, Tokio's words here have a weight. Instead of those Pokemon Battle and Stando Power-like Fight Challenges, how about he change the rules of the challenges?

This is Yugioh so these inhabitants and wardens must work with the rules of this world. A Card Duel Game.

And since most of the inhabitants of the Shadow Realm don't have any cards on them and even some of the Wardens are lacking in Cards, this would nicely Tokio's plans.

In the Shadow Realm, Cards are rare and held in high regard. With the use of the system for the Card Supply and the promise of them being able to visit the Human World with the use of Millennium Spellbook and some other benefits, and some threats and fear, Tokio would ensure their loyalty.

Absolute loyalty that thoughts of betrayal wouldn't even enter their minds.

While thinking those thoughts, Tokio who was daydreaming smiled. The Wardens who were watching Tokio daydreaming, noticed the smile that appeared on his face.

It wasn't a pleasant smile. It was a smile that gave them chills and frightened them.

It was a malicious evil smile.

Ignorant of the uneasiness that enveloped the Wardens, Tokio summoned some cards from his inventory and the Millenium Spellbook to his hand.

For the former city keepers and now city wardens, they are wondering about the identity of their powerful and fearsome leader.

With loyal duel spirits on his side and an ability to create cards out of nowhere, just who is he? Who is Jikan Yugame?