Chapter 65

AN: I have finally found some motivation to continue this fanfic again. But I'm not still certain if I can update this fanfic on a regular schedule.

The update of this fanfic would be erratic.

Chapter 65: Awakening and Rewards

   It's half a month before the start of the Battle City Duels Competition and before the players of the game called World Link Online are transported into this world. Currently, 100 Beta players are roaming around Domino City and they will only last for 2 days in the world of Yugioh for the 'game testing'.

In a certain place outside of Domino City, a place outside of Japan, none of those current beta players could reach– A certain man who was lounging on his chair while drinking wine and reading a cartoon comic suddenly received a message from his phone.

This man is Maximillion Pegasus, the president of the company Industrial Illusions which was responsible for the 'creation' of the game Duel Monsters which was located in San Francisco, California.

After receiving a call, Pegasus put down the cartoon comic that he was reading and emptied a glass of cup on his table. He then called out.

" Croquet! "

The door to his office then opened. A man dressed in a butler outfit with gray hair and wearing black sunglasses appeared.

" What is your request, Master Pegasus? "

This man is Croquet. Pegasus' right-hand man/Butler.

" Tokio is awake. Let's go to the private hospital. "

Upon hearing those words, Croquet we're surprised.

" Master Pegasus, didn't you say that only owners of Millennium Items could retrieve Mr. Tokio's soul from the Shadow Realm? And from your agreement, he specifically requested that you banish him to the shadow realm, and when you were defeated by Mr. Yugi, he asked for you to request that Mr. Yugi not instantly free his soul from his banishment to the Shadow Realm until a month has passed. "

Pegasus hummed briefly. His right eye is narrowing and the smile on his face has a trace of schadenfreude.

" It is as what you have said, Croquet. 3 weeks. A week earlier than the agreement in which I would ask Yugi-boy to retrieve  Tokio-boy's soul from the Shadow Realm. It is a surprise for me as well that Yugi-boy's help isn't needed anymore. "

A surprise indeed. He didn't expect it.

Pegasus' left hand unconsciously drifted over his silver hair locks which were covering his face on the left side. Beneath them was just a void. A missing eye. There's no millennium eye on his left socket anymore.

A certain thief has taken them from him. If it wasn't because of Kemo and Croquet instantly arriving to his aid, his life would have been in danger and he would have fallen into a coma and would have taken a long time to recover.

Thanks to their immediate aid and response, it only took one week for Pegasus to awaken from his coma.

While Pegasus and Croquet left the industrial illusions and headed to San Francisco's best private hospital, a thought was currently ongoing in the former's mind.

Did Tokio find a method to return from the Shadow Realm? Or is it what he was suspecting? Somehow, Dear Tokio-boy has found a millennium item in the Shadow Realm.

-------------------------

It's been half an hour since Tokio regained consciousness on the body of the vagrant avatar 'Akai Konami'. Upon awakening, the doctor and nurses in charge of him were alerted and instantly went to his room and check that he was fine.