Chapter 55

Chapter 55: Duelist Kingdom Finals (6)

After the duel with Joey, Tokio automatically passed to the final round. That means whoever wins in the second match would face him. Tokio already knows who would win the second match.

Sorry Mai, but you aren't on par with the power of Yami Yugi's powerful mouth that was capable of bullshitting the rules of the game.

Joey went to his friends and Yami Yugi after he was defeated by Tokio. The latter already knows that there was probably drama ongoing right now. Probably it goes like this 'Joey was defeated. He can't save his Sister now returning the glory of the king's hand to Yami Yugi. Then the latter would promise Joey that he would win the match for Joey and his sister and Yugi's Granpa'. Something along like that.

As Tokio left the Duel stage, Yami Yugi who finished talking with Joey and the others stared at him when he passed by. The stare was enough to give him chills on the spine. What the hell fucking fuck?! He didn't do anything but just win the game!

Going on the second floor to see the duel would be awkward after he defeated Joey and being here on the first floor would be terrifying if Yami Yugi stared at him.

Neither of those two choices is the best right now. He better go back to his room first to get ready for the things that he would need later.

Once he went to his room, Tokio went to grab his backpack and store the things that were originally from the system in the inventory. Minutes later, he was back at the Duel Stage just in time to see Mai Surrendering the duel.

" The winner of this match, Yugi Muto! "

Croquet announced. Probably noticing Tokio's presence Yami Yugi stared at Tokio who was carrying his backpack.

It was like there was something that Yami Yugi wanted to say but Croquet spoke again.

" Pegasus-sama has an announcement. "

In his viewing platform, Pegasus stepped forward and smiled.

" Did you enjoy the duel everyone?  You may be expecting a duel between Yugi boy and Konami boy but how about we give it some twists? "

Hearing those words, Tokio looks at Pegasus suspiciously. What is Pegasus planning?

Yami Yugi then stared at Pegasus and questioned.

" Pegasus, are you going back on your word? "

Pegasus then looks at Yami Yugi in surprise before acting more dramatically than before.

" Oh no, no.  You're wrong, Yugi-boy. I just want to spice things up. Originally, it was planned to only have 4 duelists for the finals. But the eliminators are all defeated. "

Tokio also never expected to see Risa, Tomoyuki, and Minoru in the finals. But was also proven to him that they are good at dueling even though they were always defeated by him and farming points from them.

" There's no need for you two to duel each other and make this duel problematic for the both of you boys. How about I give you two choices? You can both have the opportunity to challenge me. You can decide on who would be the first to challenge me or you can both duel me at the same time with some of the rules of the game modified. "

After saying those words, another dueling platform and duel scanner appeared.

Hearing Pegasus's words, Tokio unconsciously glances at Yami Yugi.

Truthfully, Tokio didn't want to team up with Yami Yugi.

He already has plans for his duel with Pegasus.

" Pegasus, what are you planning? "

" Plan? Don't worry Yugi boy, I wouldn't trick you about the rewards of the game. You can have your grandpa's soul back in either of those two methods. "

After a few seconds, Yami Yugi then declared.

" If you are defeated, I also want you to release Kaiba and Mokuba's souls! "

" Hmm. Isn't he your enemy Yugi-boy? But it doesn't matter. I agree with the terms but only if you defeated me. So what is your choice Yugi-boy? Konami-boy? "

Before Tokio could speak, Yami Yugi called out to him.

" Akai! "

Fuck...

[ What is it Muto-san? ]

" Since you have defeated, Jonouchi, I promise to Jonouchi that I would defeat you for him and his sister. But now, the terms have changed. "

He wasn't Pegasus.  There's no need to duel him for Joey and Serenity.

" After the duel with Pegasus, I wanted to challenge you to a Duel..."

Oh. Fucking No!!

" I have seen that you are a strong and capable duelist! Lend me your strength and let's challenge Pegasus to a duel. "

Fuck..

Seeing the gaze of the Pharaoh as well as the others, after a few seconds, Tokio sighed and nodded his head reluctantly.

Tokio and Yami Yugi stepped forward to their duel platforms and Pegasus who was on the opposite with them started explaining the rules.

Tokio and Yami Yugi both have a life point counter of 2000 of their own. Meanwhile, Pegasus has a 5000 LP.

Both Tokio and Yami Yugi can use each other's cards on the field and graveyard and their card effects that were intended for their field can also affect each other.

Tokio and Yami Yugi share each other's fields and graveyards.

As long as there were still someone remaining in the field to defeat Pegasus while the other has his life points defeated to 0, they still win the duel.

After some negotiation and shuffling of each other cards, the turn goes like this:

Pegasus → Yami Yugi →Pegasus → Tokio → Pegasus, etc.

But before they start the duel, Tokio called out first.

[ Wait. ]

Under everyone's gazes, he took out the radio from his backpack and a white tie. He started playing the radio and blindfolded himself with the white tie.

Approaching and stretching our hands towards the light leading into tomorrow,
We watched as the dream of this world was expanding at our feet.

I have no idea where dreams or hope can be found.
No matter how hard I look, they're nowhere to be seen.
Have they perhaps fallen into the crevice between truth and lie?
Our tale hasn't even begun.

Even if the path leading into tomorrow seems about to collapse,
let's leap right onto it before we lose our determination. ]

Tokio can't see their faces, but everyone must be dumbfounded right now.

'System, let's go.'

[ Host knows that borrowing my service for this duel cost 1000 points right? ]

'Fuck, I know.'

[ Then the system now would take over the body and you can command the system for the directions. Please be reminded that once any two of them activated a shadow duel, the host would be immediately returned to the body. ]

Hopefully, the shadow duel wouldn't be implemented at the start since the 1000 points that he spent would be useless.