Chapter 67

AN: Ugh... Looks like I made some errors in the previous 2 chapters. Don't worry I already edited the details.

For my fanfics with very long chapters, it was a bit hard to confirm whether the information that I had written was correct or not. It was also a pain in the ass that my phone during December last year got restarted and I was too dumb to not have a back up so all of the things that I keep in notes regarding my fanfics and stories got deleted.

Like timelines. My plans on what would happen next or interesting information about the characters also affected my motivation to write.

Chapter 67: A Cherish Person

At the end of Tokio's explanation of his adventure at the Shadow Realm, Pegasus stared at him and asked.

" So you met the Kaiba the part that was banished by Yugi-boy? "

While Pegasus was looking at him with doubt, Tokio nodded his head. Seeing Akai Konami's unmoving expression, Pegasus released a sigh.

Since he doesn't have the Millennium Eye any more, he can't read the thoughts of the people around him. With the vagrant clone's emotionless expression, Pegasus couldn't tell whether Tokio was telling the truth or not.

According to Tokio, he didn't gain any Millenium Item to get back here earlier than expected. But Kage Kaiba (As Tokio named the banish dark part of Kaiba) has helped him to get back into this world along with the 2 rare card hunters after assisting Kage Kaiba in defeating the Keeper of the Shadow Realm.

Even though there were some lies, Pegasus knew that Tokio was also telling the truth. After all, it would be difficult to tell a very huge lie. Tokio couldn't craft a story of his adventure to the Shadow Realm if it wasn't based on truth.

At the end of Tokio's tale, Pegasus has his interest piqued by the Shadow Realm. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to go there and with his current state, it would be dangerous for him.

He can't just ask Yugi-boy to banish him to the Shadow Realm.

While he was thinking about the Shadow Realm, he also remembered something important.

According to some of his lackeys stationed in the Domino City to observe the state of the city after the Duelist Kingdom, a fake Tokio was running around.

Pegasus asked earlier Tokio about it while he was telling his adventure, Tokio was aware of it and looked unfazed.

' It is his doing and intentional. '

While Pegasus is pondering, Tokio decides to interrupt him.

" Mr. Pegasus? "

" What is it Tokio-boy? "

" I am grateful for you going along with my plan. "

Despite the unemotional expression of Akai Konami, Pegasus knows that Tokio is sincere with his words.

A smile graced Pegasus then his expression turned into Schadenfreude. Seeing the expression on Pegasus, Tokio released a sigh. He can feel a headache forming on his head.

" Tokio-boy, you know that I didn't do it out of the goodness of my heart? "

" ..I know, Mr. Pegasus. "

" Over the years, I have done a lot of despicable things for my Cecelia..  "

Pegasus paused. The Schandenfeude on his face was replaced with a forlorn expression.

" With the recent events, I realize that I may not do this for her but for myself. I'm a selfish person and Cecelia wouldn't be proud of the things that I have done. I realize that I need to move on with my grief despite how much I love her..."

While listening to Pegasus, Tokio couldn't help but feel sad for the man. Despite that, Tokio was a little envious both of Pegasus and Cecelia. It was pathetic of him.

To have someone who would do everything to see their loved one again even forsaking their morals. Someone who has been engraved in the mind of a person that they can't let go. To have a cherished person...

Tokio doesn't have any of that in his past life. He wasn't cherished. He wouldn't be remembered.

He has only a few acquaintances in his past life and he wasn't even confident in the bonds that they had.

" But before I completely let her go... As a reward for the favor that I did, could you help me find a way to talk with my Dear Cecelia, one last time? "

Tokio was silent as he listened to the request. Pegasus was asking the impossible. But since this world has a lot of impossible things happening, the possibility of talking to a dead person isn't impossible.

Magic exists even though only Duel Spirits could use them most of the time. And Tokio remembered that Risa was from a bloodline of witches. Unfortunately, he hasn't seen her doing some magic aside from her brewed potions that she occasionally brought to school and have Tokio test their effects since her status as a witch was revealed.

There was only one time that Tokio had tasted one of Risa's brewed potions and it was the most disgusting thing that he had tasted in his life. After that every time that Risa asked Tokio to test their effects, Tokio would do his best to run away from her and not be seen going as far as hiding inside the lockers in Domino High School.

While Tokio was contemplating, he heard the voice of the system.

[Hosts aren't carefully looking at things. Isn't the solution to Mr. Pegasus' problems already within the Host? ]

{ .. Do you mean you, system? If it was very expensive, I wouldn't pay for it. }

[ Host is a miser for points. What are the points if you don't spend them? But that is not the solution that I was suggesting to host. It isn't the system but your capabilities. ]

{ Capabilities? }

[ Did Host already forget that he is a psychic duelist? ]

{ ?! }

[ Aside from bringing life to the cards without even the help of the duel disk and inflicting damage without the Shadow Game... Hosts are already using it beyond its normal functions. ]

{ That's right. I am communicating through telepathy on the vagrant clone's body.. even now, I am communicating with Pegasus through telepathy. }

Tokio realizes that he has become narrow-minded. Since this is a world that focuses on card games, he has become focused on that fact. Never realizing that solutions and answers exist outside of playing cards and duel spirits.

Thankfully, the system reminded him of that fact. Looking at Pegasus, Tokio asked.

"Mr. Pegasus, how about I return the favor to you now? "