Chapter 33

Chapter 33: The idea of an organization and the National Duel Monsters Tournament

On the first day of June, Duel Monsters players and enthusiasts were happy when the Duel Monsters National Championship we're announced in Japan.

All were excited and hurriedly wanted to find out the rules of the competition.

But for Tokio who was currently frowning as he thought of his 3rd main mission from the system, he wasn't in a hurry.

[ 3rd Main Quest- An identity, a name, a goal, and a location

Description:

As a normal person, you have developed a reputation and influence within this learning facility as a practice. But the real things should start now.

As a hidden boss, how could you become a hidden boss without a secret identity, an organization, a base, and subordinates?

Requirements:

• Create a secret Identity
• The name of your organization
• The goal of your organization
• Location of your base
• Recruit your first 3 subordinates

Duration:

• 6 months

Rewards:

• 50,000 points
• 15 UR Cards
• 25 SR Cards
• 40 R Cards
• 1 Duel Spirit
• 3 empty Cards ]

What was his priority more than now was his mission. Even with a less than 6 months deadline remaining, Tokio knows that he couldn't prolong it.

He should finish it as soon as possible if he wanted to become strong and increase his chance of survival.

Tokio doesn't know anything creating about a secret organization. All of the things that he knows comes from reading light novels and watching animes.

But as common sense, first, a secret organization should have a name.

Usually, Tokio is lazy. On most things, he wanted the least troublesome and would always find a way to shortcut.

There was an idea that he should just copy from the other franchise of an idea.

For example, the Black Organization from Detective Conan.

There was also the Doma and Zone organization where he can take his inspiration but he thought that the system wouldn't find it satisfactory.

There was also the problem of the goal of his secret organization.

World Domination...

World Destruction.

Controlling the lives of every people

Those were the things that he could usually think of.

It wasn't in Tokio's style.

He was entangled.

If he chooses one of those goals, sooner or later, the protagonist would come to knock on his door and kick his ass.

.. Ugh, he doesn't want that kind of goal.

But what if he just takes inspiration from those good secret organizations from other fictional worlds. Yet, it would be hard to apply their ideas and goals in this world of playing cards.

While Tokio was laying and staring at the ceiling of his room, he suddenly remembered the events yesterday.

Risa, Hailey, Tomoyuki, and Mayumi have been trying hard to communicate with the duel spirits in the spirit world.

'That's it!!'

It was a good idea.

Tokio's organization can become some sort of mediator between humans and the spirit world.

They would also serve as some sort of Police for the Duel Spirits and Duelists themselves.

If a duelist doesn't take care of his cards properly, his organization can take them away from them. And if a duel spirit was causing harm to humans, they can arrest or eliminate the said spirit.

Z.E.R.O.

That would be his organization's name.

Zealots of the Earth Watching and Recording Spirits Order

And to be in line with the Z theme that was going around, Tokio's name would be Zilch which means nothing, null, cipher, zero, etc.

Leaving his bed, Tokio started to think about other things about his organization.

Should he think of costumes?

What about the rankings?

How would his Zero Organization work?

Unnoticed to him, Tokio was entering what anime enthusiasts usually called the Chunnibyou phase.

-----------------------------

The next day, Minoru and Minori were talking to Tokio about the National Duel Monsters Tournament.

In the first week of June was the registration of the people.

Japan has a total of 8 regions.

Namely, the Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto,  Chubu, Kansai, Chugoku, Shikoku, and Kyushu. In the Duel Monsters rules, the duelists on Hokkaido and Tohoku are the Northern Japanese representatives, Kanto and Kansai are Eastern Japanese representatives, and Chubu and Chugoku are Western Japan Representatives and Shikoku and Kyushu are Southern Japan Representatives.

For each region, 200 people can register. In total there would be 1600 participants. The tournament is a single-elimination match. In the second week, those 1600 duelists would head to Tokyo to duel each other. The second week's goal of the tournament was to have only the remaining 800 participants. In the third week were 200 participants. And the last week of June the remaining 200 participants would be recorded on TV and it is in this week that the champion of this tournament would be decided.

As Tokio listened to their conversation, he couldn't help but feel into deep thought.

Originally, this duel monsters competition has only shown a brief view of Weevil and Rex dueling each other in Season 1.

It doesn't have much effect on the plot.

Tokio wanted to participate in this Duel Monsters tournament just like what he usually did in his past life even though he ended up mostly losing to the other players back then.

He wanted to join this tournament.

It looks fun without the protagonist's presence and Kaiba.

Tokio could enjoy playing duel monsters to the fullest without those two people.

Also, he was willing to abide by the rules of the current duel monsters of the DM Era that would happen in the tournament.

While Tokio was thinking about the tournament, Minori look at her lazy cousin and decided to ask.

" Tokio are you going to join the tournament? "

At the question, Tokio shook his head.

Tokio doesn't have the plan to join the tournament as Horo Tokio. But he plans to join the competition wearing the avatars provided by the system.

So even if he gets in trouble in that tournament, the blame wouldn't fall on Tokio but on his fake identity.

Smiling, Tokio decided that his goal was to reach the top 12 of the National Duel Monsters Championship.