One

Alexa Ramirez

"Hey, stop right there! Where are you taking those!"

I turned in the direction where the voice comes from and caught a sight of my older sister, Jade, ascending from the stairs. I shrug my shoulder as she walks towards me. I waited for her to stand face to face with me.

"I'll be giving it to my man," I replied, slinging my bag over my shoulder. Jade laughs at me.

"Your man? Really huh?"

"Stop laughing! I'm just telling you the truth," I replied as I pouted. This has been Jades hobby. She really loves laughing at whatever I say regarding the man I really adore, no, I really love.

"Alexa, you're already twenty-four and you still think that you can have Jayden's attention. Come on! He's two years older than you and now a very successful businessman!" she said.

"Oh please Jade. As long as he's still single and available, I'm willing to do everything for him!" I replied without any hesitation on my voice. I really do love Jayden Paterson. Ever since I laid my eyes on him, he already caught my attention. Since that day, I made a promise to myself that I'll do everything to have him.

"When will you realize the fact that he is not for you? You've been doing stupid things for him but he doesn't even bother to show appreciation," she said. A small smile crept on my lips. That may be true but I can't stop what I'm doing because I love it. I love doing things for him. Call me desperate, I don't care. It's better for me to show my affection towards him than to regret in the end.

"Jade, you know that you cannot stop me from doing this right? Let me just do this. I promise, this will bring no harm to our family," I replied. That's what my parents and my sister worry about. They're afraid that everything that I'm doing for Jayden might affect our family's name and connection with the Paterson's.

"I don't know. I just don't want to see you cry because of what you are doing," says Jade. Sadness is visible in her eyes. Why would she be sad for what I'm doing.

"Don't be like that Jade."

"You see; Jayden has been dating lots of girls. Almost every week, we hear news about him dating new girl. He is a notorious playboy!"

"I know, but, what if I'm the one that will make him realize that what he is actually doing is not right at all?"

Jade just nodded. "Seems like I can't really stop you."

"You really can't," I replied as small smile formed on my lips.

Jade just give me one last nod before I turned on my heels to leave. Today, I'll personally go to Jayden's office and give him his launch. For the past days, I've been sending him his launch through the help of Robert, our long time family driver.

I arrived at the Paterson's company building after half an hour of driving. I find my car a perfect spot. Once I parked my car, I climbed out of the car with the plastic bag where I put the food I prepared for Jayden.

I glance at my wrist watch. It's still eleven forty-five. There is still fifteen minutes before lunch. "Good morning!" I greeted the guard. It's still early for afternoon. The guard greeted me back with cheerfulness.

I waited for the elevator for a minute. Jayden's office is at the last floor of the building. I was greeted by Jayden's secretary who is six months pregnant. I've been here for a million times because of Jayden. This is the reason why almost all the employees here know me. "Hey, it's been a month since I last talked to you," she said as she looks up at me.

"Yeah, I just had some important things to attend to," I replied. And that's actually the truth. My father sent me to a two-week seminar. He's been pampering me to practice what I learned from school but I still don't have interest.

"Yeah. And by the way, thank you for all the foods that you've been sending me," she said. I looked at her with pure curiosity.

"Foods?" I asked.

Julia stared at me and nodded. "Yes, those foods you've been sending. Well, sir Jayden always gives me foods and tells me that it's actually from you," she said. That's when it hits me. A sudden pain hits me. Knowing that Jayden has been giving away the food I send him pained me.

"Oh, that. It's ac- actually fine! Is it good?" I asked trying to cover up the pain.

"Yes, did you cook all those?"

"Yeah. I really cook those foods. I'm good at cooking by the way!" I replied making her smile. "Anyways, is Jayden in his office?" I asked.

"Yes, he's been busy," she replied to which I nodded. I told her that I will see him in his office. Julia just nodded her head.

After talking with her, I went straight to Jayden's office. I knocked and when I heard him giving permission for me to enter, I immediately pushed the door open and headed inside.

Her office is well decorated with an ultramodern kind of atmosphere. He is busy reading something. I cleared my throat to get his attention. "Just tell me what is it Julia," he said without even bothering to glance at me.

"It's not Julia. It's Alexa. I'm here to give you your lunch," I cheerfully said as I walk towards his desk. That's when he raises his head and look at me. I put the plastic bag on top of his desk.

"Why are you here?" he asked with a little bit of annoyance.

"I'm here to give you this," I said, pointing at the food that I just put on his table.

"I can order for my own food," he replied with no emotion at all.

I smiled. "I know but foods that are cook out of love is much more better than ordered food," I replied. He just stared at me with amusement.

"Cook out of love?" he sarcastically said to which I nodded. I've been vocal with how I feel for him. And it's been almost eight years now that I'm telling him how much I adore him. Yeah, that long but still, he's too aloof towards me.

"Alexa, how many times do I need to tell you to stop with your stupidity! Stop bringing foods and stop following me and spying on me," he said as he stands up from his swivel chair and grab the plastic bag that is on top of his table.

"Jayden, you can't stop me from doing it. I love doing things for you!" I replied to which he smirked.

"Really?" he said as she walks closer to me until he is just meters away from me.

"Yes," I replied. I really can't stop myself from being mesmerized by his handsomeness. I know he's telling something because his mouth is moving but I'm too busy staring and studying his face.

"Alexa!" he shouted that brought me back to my sense.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Bullshit! You're not even listening to me. I said, take this with you and get out of my office!" he said with pure annoyance.

"No Jayden. I'll leave without that," I replied before I turned on my heel. I immediately stopped on my spot and give him one last glance before I open the door but the next thing he did really surprised me.

"Okay then, let's see what I can do with this," he said as he walks towards the trash bin at the corner and just drop the plastic bag in it. My jaw literally dropped after witnessing what he did. Is he for real?

"Why did you do that?" I asked as I walked towards the bin and retrieved the plastic bag.

"Because I don't want to have a taste of the food you bring. I don't want to eat gross things," he replied and walked towards his chair.

"You didn't even give it a try," I replied.

"I know it. I know that all the foods that you've been sending is all gross," he said as he smirks at me. "Now get out with that gross food of yours," he said before continuing with what he's doing.

I can't deny the fact that I'm hurt by what he did but I still manage to smile. "Okay then," I said. "I'll get going," I added before heading outside his office. I heaved a deep sigh and walk towards Julia and give her the food. She was too cheerful after receiving it. She was asking me something but I just smiled at her and leave.

---M.F.P---