Twenty-six

Alexa Ramirez

"Hey, you're smiling like an idiot? Mind sharing."

I look up to see who it was and as usual, it's Jane. I just stared at her and shakes my head. I don't know how to tell her what I'm exactly feeling right now. "Uhm, just thinking about something," I replied making her raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, come on. Tell me or I'll be the one to tell you?" she said making me look at her with pure curiosity. What does she mean?

"W-what do you mean?"

Jane suddenly burst into laughter. "Well, well, it's not just me but the whole company know that something is going on between you and our arrogant boss," she replied. My face heats up making me aware that I'm blushing. I look away and tried to focus on the papers that is in front of me.

"I - I don't know what you're talking about. It's just your imagination I guess," I replied as I try to focus on the paper in front of me. Jane once again burst into laughter. Damn this woman, she's making things obvious. I didn't expect her to be that observant.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Whatever floats your boat. You may not tell me now but soon," she said. I looked up at her and smiled.

"Don't you have anything to do? Because I have lots of paper to fix, you see," I said pointing at the pile of paper in front of me. Jane just smiled and leaned forward.

"I know that there is something going on in this office," she said before standing up straight. She gives me one last smile before she heads back to her desk while clapping her hands. I just shrugged my shoulder and continued with my work.

I tried my best to focus on my work but I cannot stop myself from smiling and remembering my trip with Jayden at Paris. That was extra special. No, that was the best trip I've ever had in my life. Being with the man I adore so much is the best thing that ever happened to me.

It's been two weeks since the day we came back from Paris and I can say that lots of things changed. Yeah, lots of things. And, all those changes favors me. Unlike before that the world is against me, now, it's like the world is making things better and easy for me.

Jayden has been sweet to me. Our relationship is getting better and better. Every day, he always sends a message for me. He always, asks me about how I feel. He even wants me to prepare his foods. And yes, he made me do everything that I'm doing for him before again.

My attention was caught when a familiar face of a woman suddenly approached my table. She's looking at me deadly. If looks could kill, surely, I'm six feet buried under the ground. She's looking at me like I've done the most murderous act ever. "How may I help you, ma'am?" I asked as I smiled at her despite the fact that she's staring at me like I did something bad to her.

"Is Jayden in his office?" she replied.

"Yes ma'am. He is in his office busy doing something. Do you have any appointment with him?" I asked. I don't like the way she said Jayden's name. Something inside me wants to strangle her.

"No I don't but I am his girlfriend," she replied to which I smiled. How can this woman just tell everybody that she is Jayden's girlfriend?

"Nah, Jayden didn't mention us about her girlfriend."

The woman just glared at me. "Whether you like it or not, I will enter his office. I just want to introduce myself to you," she replied making me raise my eyebrow. What does she mean by that? I should be the one to introduce myself to her for her to know that I'm actually Jayden's soon to be girlfriend and wife. How dare she!

"But, he is doing something important. I guess, his work is much more important than you. Do you understand what I mean?" I sarcastically replied to which she glared at me. I want to tell her how ugly she is doing that thing. Glaring someone is not good for her face. She's just making herself stupid.