Eight

Jayden Paterson

I guzzled up my drink. I am currently in a bar with Bryan a very close friend of mine. He is the son of Mr. Cook. We've been friends since college days.

I just arrived from my trip in Paris. And those days were boring. Boring because I'm not able to meet new girls. I've been busy with all the projects and focused on meeting my clients who are trying to convince me to invest in their projects and company.

"How's Paris? Did you meet lots of walking dolls there?" asked Bryan who is wiggling his eyebrows.

"Nah, too busy to explore the place," I simply replied.

"Ah, too bad. You should have told me about that trip. I'll be glad to accompany you."

"I wouldn't be able to concentrate if I'm with you," I replied with a smirk. I know Bryan. He is just like me. He hunts for women everytime he gets out of the country.

"Paris is a place for women. It's the center of fashion," he said to which I nodded.

"I know but still, I have some priorities to attend to," I said shaking my head. Bryan just nodded. We both keep silent and just watch those women and men dancing on the dance floor, grinding at each other.

"Hey, dad told me something," says Bryan that immediately grabs my attention.

"What is that? What would your father tell you that we didn't talk about?"

"Well, he's been bothering me to ask you about that secretary of yours," he replied making me look at him.

Alexa. Yes, it's her. She's the precious gem that Mr. Cook is talking about. He's been vocal with that. "What about her?"

"Dad wants me to meet her but I just don't have time and interest to do so," he replied making me shrug my shoulder.

"You'll be annoyed once you get to know her," I replied making him smirk. Really, she does annoy me a lot. She destroys my day. Almost every day, since she started working for me, she's sending me foods for launch. Even if I throw it away and even give it to her colleagues, she is still doing it. It's like her routine. Another thing that really annoys me too much is receiving text from her. Even if I'm in my office, I always receive a text from her like she's my wife. Yes, she's acting like my wife even if she's not. And I hate it. I hate her.

"Nah, seems like someone is hating her secretary," says Jayden teasingly. I raised an eyebrow causing him to burst into laughter.

"Is it not good to get mad at her? She's annoying and pushing me too much. She's not acting like how a secretary should act," I replied making him laugh even more.

"Dude, it's time for you to appreciate things," he replied wiggling his eyebrows.

"Damn man! I can't do that. She'll just have enough motivation to continue what she's doing. I want her to stop. She's being immature at her age," I replied as I take a drink from my bottle of beer.

"Why did you even hire her to be your secretary?"

"Ah, she volunteered," I simply replied.

"And you could just decline her," he replied staring at me as he drinks.

"My father was the one who hired her. And he is the one who could only fire her," I replied.

"You could always make some story for your father to fire her," he said.

"Damn, I've been thinking of ways. But- I can't think of that certain thing," I replied. That's the fact. I wanted her to be out of sight and I want to cut any connection with her. I've been thinking about possible things to fire her but I just can't. She's been doing great in her job. Her colleagues are the witness of that. The event in the company was the proof that she can really work. I gave her the responsibility to do the planning and checking of everything. I told her all the details that I wanted to see and she didn't disappoint me. She's just too good.

"Then dad is right about the fact that she is a precious gem for you," says Bryan that made me glare at him. Damn, even this man who didn't even meet her can easily tell me that she's a gem.

I just didn't say anything and divert the topic. I really don't want to hear anything about her and her name. She just annoys me.

We are in the middle of what we are talking when a woman came into our table and sits on my lap. "Hey babe, want some good and a fun night?" she asks making me stare at her.

"Oh, well," I simply said and look at Bryan who just shrugs his shoulder. I let the girl kiss me on my neck while I talk to Bryan.

"Anyways, what's the reason why we are here anyways," he said wearing a smirk.

"I really don't know, I'm here to have some fun and relax," I replied making him nod.

"Women," says Bryan making the woman sitting on my lap glare at him. Bryan just raised his hands on the air.

"We are not just women; we are the one who makes you happy. We bring you your satisfaction," she replied making me smirk.

"Then satisfy me tonight. Prove it to me that you really can do it," I replied. The woman just nodded and started kissing my neck. She tried to kiss me on my lips but I immediately stopped her. I don't usually allow women to kiss me on my lips. Even Grace, she doesn't even kiss me. I'm the one who is making the move. That's a rule not unless it's the woman that I'm going to marry.

After sometime, another woman approaches us and talk to Bryan. "I guess we both are going to have fun tonight!" says Bryan as he raises a bottle of beer for a toast. These women with us just giggled like chipmunks.

The woman on my lap seductively kissed me on my neck as her hands roam around my body. "In your place or?" she asks making me smirk.

I don't bring a woman in my place. Even if I'm known as a notorious player for everybody, I still have the will to only bring one woman in my place and that is the woman I'm planning to marry.

"Let's go have some fun in your place," I replied and the woman immediately nodded her head. Damn women, they're all the same. Once you are a known billionaire and a handsome man, women will be the one to ask you out and sleep with them. They just want your money.

How about Alexa? That immediately came into mind. I shake my head and try to push away that thought. I didn't even know why Alexa suddenly came into mind.

I ask the woman to stand up and push myself up from where I am sitting. I told Bryan that I'll be heading first. "Yeah, man. I'll stay for a while," says Bryan to which I nodded.

I grab the woman's hand and lead her to my car. I let her slide first in the car before I slides in behind the steering wheel. "I'm excited for us tonight," says the woman as she puts her hand on my lap.

I smirked and started the engine. "Place," I asked her to which she cheerfully answered. She's really hunting for a target. She's lucky she saw me.

---M.F.P---