Thirty-two

Alexa Ramirez

I climbed out of my car and grab my sling bag and the plastic bag where Jayden's launch is. Today, I texted Jayden that I'll be late. The reason is that, I talked to my father first about what Trent told me last night. Well, Trent told me that Grace is plotting a terrible thing against me. The only thing I have in mind is to ask help from my father and that's the reason why I waited for him. I told him to look for a person that can give an eye on me not until Grace will stop from her evil plan against me.

I walk inside the building. Some employees are looking at me with surprise and some are giving me sympathetic look. What is the meaning of that stares they're giving me? I just shrugged my shoulder and ignore them.

I greeted Jane once I passed by her but she just nods at me. I was even a little bit surprised by how she responds. That's very unusual respond from her. She is not that type of person. I want to ask her something but I just let it go. Why do all the employees look at me as if something is wrong?

I put my sling bag on top of my table and walks towards Jayden's office. Yes, he might be waiting for me now. Without even knocking, I opened the door and the next thing I saw breaks my heart into pieces.

Jayden is on top of Grace and they're almost there, doing the thing inside his office. They both looked at me. As soon as Jayden's eyes lands on me, his signature smirk appears. What is wrong with him.

I didn't say a word. I want to ask him what is going on but I stayed quiet. I don't know what to feel and I don't want to lose my composure for now.

Jayden push himself up and stands straight. His hair is disheveled and so with his suit. I can see a visible mark of Grace lipstick at the side of his lips. Grace also fix her dress that is pushed upwards. She even gives me a smirk as she combs her hair using her fingers. "Want what you see?" says Jayden that made me look at him.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. What should I tell him? I can't even breath steadily. It's like something clogged my throat causing me to stay still and not to breath. "How was your date last night?" he asked. His face darkened with anger.

"D- date? W- wha- what da- date are you ta- talking about?" I asked as I stuttered. I really don't know what he is talking about.

"Yeah, you're now acting like you don't know anything. Why is that little player?" he sarcastically said. "Grace, why don't you tell her what you saw? Or might as well, show her what you showed me a while ago?" adds Jayden.

"Yes honey. As you wish," says Grace as she stands up from the couch and walks towards me. She showed me a pic and a video of me and Trent at the restaurant where we met yesterday.

Once I'm done watching the video, I looked at Jayden. Anger is really visible in his eyes. "Look, I - I ju- just talked to her about something. He just wa- warned -"

"Warned you about what? About me?" Jayden said, cutting everything that I was about to say.

"No! Not you!"

"You really declined my offer to date you just to meet him huh? What kind of a woman will do such thing?" says Jayden.

"No. You are wrong. Whatever you saw is just - just a part of her plan to- to destroy me!" I said as I pointed towards Grace. Grace glared at me and laughed.

"What a woman. You are just going to point someone to carry your wrong doing!" she said.

"Yes, you planned all of this!" I replied.

"Don't accuse me of something I didn't do. Jayden, please don't believe her!" she said using her acting skills.

The anger eats me up causing me to do the thing I wanted to do to her. I slapped her like what I did to her the other day. Her head moves to the other side because of the strong slap I gave her. Jayden came to her rescue and glared at me.