Nineteen

Jayden Paterson

After the meeting, I headed to Grace's apartment. And here I am in her living room waiting for her to come out her room. "Sweetheart," she said as she sits on my lap.

"Hmm," I simply replied.

"I went to your office a while ago and there is this woman who bullied me. I want you to fire her," she said as she tried to kiss me on my lips but I'm too fast to look away making her kiss my cheeks.

"I don't need to fire any employee of mine just because they bullied you and I wasn't even there," I replied making her pout. I don't know if I will smile or feel disgusted because of that.

"Why don't you want me to kiss you?" she asks.

"I just don't," I replied. That's a simple answer I can give her and she should take that seriously. When she started to talk and tell me how her day goes and on how photographers are fighting because of her, I started to be annoyed.

When she started touching me and kissing me on my neck, a memory of Alexa suddenly came into view. A memory of her tearing up makes me feel unknown emotion. That's when I push Grace away of me. "Why? Are you not in the mood?" she asks.

"I need to go," I simply replied making her look at me.

"But you just came? Why don't you stay?" she asked me.

"I forgot about my meeting today," I replied as I headed out without even glancing at her again. I hear her call out for my name but I still didn't look back. I'm annoyed by her and Alexa's image adds up with that. I'm annoyed because even if I try to forget her image, it's still coming back.

Once I slides inside my car, I dialed Trent's number and told him to meet me at the usual place we always hang out. I also called for Bryan but he's kind of busy.

I was the first one who reach the place. I immediately ordered for drinks. Some women are staring at me with lust but I don't have the mood to give them attention. A woman wearing a revealing dress approached me and sits beside me. "Hey sweety, want to have some fun tonight?" she seductively said that made me raise an eyebrow. If I'm in mood, I'll surely keep this woman beside me. But today, I'm not. I just want to drink.

"Go and look for another man," I seriously said that made her make a face. She bit her lips seductively trying to get me but I'm not falling into her.

"I only have an eye for you," she replied which makes me smirk at her. I'm used to this kind of encounter and I must say that I love it.

"That's not my problem anymore," I replied as I smirk and totally ignored the woman who just stayed there for a while. When I didn't really give any attention to her, she stands up from her seat and walks away.

After a while, Trent showed up with a smile on his face. He gives me a fist bump before ordering for his drink. What's with the smile?" I asked that makes him smile even more.

"Nah nothing," he replied to which I raised my brow. I really don't believe in him. He is just like me; he doesn't easily smile unless it has something to do with a woman.

"Really? A woman?" I asked.

Trent just sits down on the chair across me and reached out for his drink. Once he has his drink, he looked at me and shakes his head. "Yeah, a woman," he said giving me a teasing smile.

"That's what's on my mind. What's all about that woman?" I asked as I guzzled up my drink. Trent just gives me a smirk. A smirk that I hate everytime he does it.

"Well, she's a woman with pure heart but is just ignored," he replied as he stares at me.

"Hmm, I guess you're in love. I thought Trent is a man that doesn't believe in love," I commented. Why can't I? That's what he said to me. That he is a man allergic with the word love but now, he is the one smiling like an idiot.

"I'm not. I just see her as a friend and yeah, if only I can have her," he said making me look at him with pure curiosity.

"What do you mean? Don't tell me a man like you can't make a move to a woman? Well, well, seems like our Trent is kind of changing," I said as I raised the bottle of beer I have in hands. Trent just gives me a smug smirk.

"Seriously, if I wanted to make a move with this woman, I'll totally ask for your permission," he said while still wearing that signature smile of him.

"Why would you need my permission though?"

"Ah, I don't know. I feel like asking for your permission is a must. I wouldn't make a move not unless you allow me too," he replied.

"Fine, you have my permission. Go and make a move," I sarcastically replied. I thought Trent was just joking but his face suddenly becomes serious causing me to sit properly and face him. What is wrong with this man now?

"Hey, I thought you're just making up some sort of a joke?" I said. I know Trent. The last thing I wanted to do is piss him. I don't want to piss him. Well, that's how I treat him. I may be that arrogant and heartless man they see in public but for a family and a friend I am a soft person. I'm a year older than him and I should be the mature one when it comes to this kind of situation.

"Of course not. I'll not be joking about this kind of things."

"Then who is the unlucky woman you are telling me? Do I know her?"

"Yeah. I'll introduce her to you next time and I hope you'll give me the permission in front of us," he said as his eyes sparks.

"What the fuck Trent. What were you thinking?" I said as I leaned back on the chair. "You- you're different!" I added. That's the fact.

"Come on dude, I'm just telling this in advance. I really don't have the interest to court her. We just started to message each other," he replied as he smirked at me. Why does his mood instantly change?

"And you're like an idiot smiling just because of a message you receive from her?" I asked to which he smiles.

"I like the way she texts me," he simply replied. Then a memory of Alexa came into view. I glance at my watch. It's already seven in the evening. At this time, I'll always receive a text from her telling me to have a good meal. I consciously dig on my phone in my pocket. I opened it and is dismayed not to see any message. I search for her name. For the last week, I didn't receive a message from her. I felt an unknown emotion. Why do I feel like I'm missing her texts?

I heaved a sigh and returned my phone in my pocket. "Waiting for someone's text?" Trent asks to which I shakes my head. That's actually the opposite. A part of me is waiting, waiting for her message since this morning.

---M.F.P---