Three

Alexa Ramirez

I heaved a deep sigh and massage the back of my neck. I've been working since morning and I even didn't notice the time. Well, today is my second day as Jayden's secretary and I really didn't expect that this work will be this exhausting. I'm sure Jayden is really doing his best to exhaust me with all the mountains of work he is throwing to me.

I glance at my wrist watch. I still have one more hour to finish some of my work. I rub my eyes and focus on my laptop. My desktop has been covered with mails both incoming and outgoing mails. This has been the scenario since I started working. I pick up the pen on the side and made the last note. After I'm done, I put the paper that I signed at a folder.

I busied myself reviewing all the folders that Jayden gave me this morning. I was too engrossed with my work that I didn't notice Jayden approached me. "Finish this one until this afternoon," he said as he put a pile of folder on my desk.

"Hey! That's too much," I replied. I really can't deny the fact that he is handsome but his been too hard for me.

"What is too much? You just worked here for two days and now you're whining like a baby," he said.

"Nah, excuse me! I'm not whining like a baby. I'm just stating the fact," I replied that grabs the attention of some employees near us.

"Just do what I say."

"Later okay? I didn't even eat," I said.

"Who cares? You're the one who volunteered to be my secretary. Bear with all those papers," he said.

"Yes sir!" I cheerfully said as I saluted him. I thought that will not piss him off but I was wrong. He even glared at me.

"Do your work and don't act like a child!" he said before he leaves.

One of the employee smiled at me. "That's how he treats his employees for the first time. He is just trying your ability," says Jane. One of the employees. She's the one I've been talking with. According to her, her work is too audit all the company's transaction. Well, aside from the department that were assigned to do the job, Jane was personally hired by Jayden to double check the papers sent by the auditing department.

"Ah, he is being mean, " I simply replied to which she smiled.

When the clock strikes twelve, I push myself up of the chair and knocks on Jayden's office. He did let me in. "Do you have anything to say?" he asked.

"Nope. I just want to give you this," I said as I put the food I prepared for him on top of his desk. Yesterday, I did the same and he accepted it. I was happy because he really accepted it but that immediately disappeared as soon as he gives those foods to some of the employees and ordered food for himself.

"Are you not really going to stop giving foods?" he asked.

"No, I'll always bring food to you until you give it a try," I replied.

Jayden shakes his head. "You really are a hard headed woman. You're shameless," he said. I can say that I was a little bit taken aback by his word.

"Come on, I'm just doing a favor. I just want you to eat and try the food I cooked for you," I replied trying to cover up the pain.

"Why can't you just stop. Stop being nonsense and just do your job as my secretary. Or just leave and go away," he said making me look at him with sadness.

"Jayden please, I - I love - I love doing this for you. Don't hurt my feelings," I said to which he shakes his head.

"Get out of my office and bring the food with you," he said.

"Fine," I replied and turned on my heels.

"What about the food!" he said.

"Just eat it," I replied without even glancing at him.

I went back to my chair with a frown. He really can't give a damn chance to me. "Hey, what's the frown all about?" asked Jane as she approach me.

"Nah, nothing," I replied and she smiled.

"Come on, tell me. I'm your friend now. And besides, almost everyone in here knows that you really have strong affection to him," says Jane. My eyes widened as I hear her say those.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You've been here in the company. You can freely come in and come out the company just to bring him lunch and everything. You're the only woman that almost all the employees here are fond of. Everyone in this company is amazed by how you put effort to get his attention," she said.

"I- I just want to do things for him," I replied.

Jane nodded. "We can see that but we all worry about you. Jayden is a known playboy. She doesn't date a single woman for a year. His longest relationship only lasts for a month and it's not even serious. He might rest and focus on his company but he'll just do it again if he wants to," says Jane. I can see sadness and other emotion in her eyes.

"I know. I know but what can I do? I love him," I said.

"Can you endure all the pain you will witness in this company? Look, he's pushing you away from him by giving you tons of papers to do," she said pointing at the pile of folders on my desk. I nodded and smiled.

"I can endure everything just to make him realize that I'm really for him," I said.

Jane just stared at me with amazement. Maybe if I'm that kind of woman that just gives up immediately, I'll run away and just resign. But no, I'm Alexa Ramirez and I can do everything for him.

"Ah, let's just set aside that topic. Would you like to come with me for lunch?" she asked to which I nodded.

I fix my things while Jane waited for me to finish what I'm doing. I also get the food I prepared for myself just this morning. We are about to go when Jayden suddenly appeared from his office door. "Jane, take this with you," he said.

"But that's -"

"I know. Let your colleagues try the food you prepared," he said. I just nodded in dismay. Jane look at me and waited for my signal. I nodded at her. Jane reach out for the food. That really pained me but that's better than just throwing it at the bin again.

"Order a food for me," he told me to which I nodded. He then closed the door of his office.

"He is really mean. I hope that made you realize that he is really not going to give time to you," says Jane as we walk towards the elevator.

"Nah, that even motivates me to do my very best. I know, one day he'll realize that he needs all the food that he is just ignoring now," I replied to which Jane just laughed.

I dig for my phone on my purse and orders some food for Jayden. If today, I failed again, maybe next time, he will really give it try. And that next time will be our road to forever.

---M.F.P---