Twenty-seven

Jayden Paterson

"What is going on here?"

The three girls turned towards me. Then Grace suddenly cried. "Look what did this secretary of yours did to me!" she said pointing at Alexa. I looked at Alexa but she just shrugged her shoulder.

"What exactly did she do?" I asked.

"She slapped me Jayden. That secretary of yours slapped me. You don't want any woman to slap me right honey?" she asked as she walks towards me. She tried to touch me but I immediately glared at her. Now is not the time for her to do stupid thing especially that Alexa is watching us.

"And you deserve it girl. You're the one who slapped her first, she just returned back the favor," says Jane.

"See, they're siding each other. It's two versus one!" Grace said.

"No one will slap you if you didn't do anything. Only stupid people will do such thing," I replied making her looked at me with anger.

"Huh! So what do you mean? I'm stupid?" Grace replied.

"So you really did slap her," I sarcastically replied making her face reddened. I knew it when Grace tells a lie.

"I - I didn't do such thing!" she replied.

"You did. You accused her of seducing your boyfriend and when she said that she didn't, you just slapped her!" says Jane.

"Now, get out of this place," I said as I eyed her.

Grace just smirked and looked at me with disbelief. "Come on Jayden, you're telling me to leave just like that because I slapped your secretary! Am I not important to you anymore?" she said. Now she's attracting some employees' attention and I hate it.

"Grace, stop your nonsense!" I said with a loud voice.

"No, I won't. Am I important to you or you just want my body?" she asked. I hear Alexa gasped. My anger heats up. This is not the scene that I want Alexa to witness.

"Get out or I will call the guards to take you out of the building?" I said. Grace suddenly stared at me with wide eyes. Yes, Grace doesn't want to make any kind of scandal because she's a model. Once people will see her being dragged by security guards, then her image will surely fall. It's the end of her career.

"You won't do that to me. You don't want my career to end," she said in her stable tone.

"Yes I can. If I can make your careen boom, then I can also take it away from you. Now before we get to that point, just leave and don't ever show your face here," I replied. Grace just looked at me as if she's looking for something in my face.

She looked at Jane and Alexa before looking back at me. "You really change because of her. I'm impressed," she said before turning on her heels.

She stopped at Alexa's spot. "And you will regret being with him. I'm telling you. He really doesn't like you," she tells Alexa. What is wrong with her? How did she even know that I don't like Alexa?

"It's not because he doesn't like you means he doesn't like me too," Alexa replied to which I smiled. That's my woman. Grace stomped her foot and heads towards the elevator.

"Now all of you, get back to work!" I told some of the employees who were attracted by Grace's acting.

"And you, in my office. It's already launch," I said making an eye contact with Alexa. Alexa just nods her head.

Jane whispered something on her ears to which Alexa just laughed. I just ignored that and entered my office. I waited for almost five minutes before Alexa finally comes in.

I watch her walks towards me and put the paper bag on top of the table. I gestured her to walk towards me using my pointing finger. When she's closer to me, I pulled her on my lap.

She immediately puts her hands around my neck. Without asking her permission, I kissed her on her lips to which she responded. I smiled in between our kisses. I love how her lips touches mine. Her lips and the way she kisses me is so addicting. And I can say that I'm really happy that I'm his first kiss. We both pulled away from that heated kiss when we are both out of breath.

"So, what are you planning to do tomorrow?" I asked.

She smiled and played with my hair. Yeah, that's her hobby. "I really don't have any plan. Maybe, I'll just help Jade to prepare for her wedding," she replied to which I nodded.

"Jade is going to marry Kent," I said. I admit the fact that Jade is the reason why I became a playboy. I was too confident that she'll chose me over Kent but I was wrong. She chooses him. If I'm the old Jayden, I would probably go at their wedding and do a scene but now, I don't even feel anything.

"Yeah, are you sad?" asks Alexa. An emotion passes through her eyes.

"No, why would I be?" I asked.

"It's because Jade is going to marry Kent. You like her right?" she asked that made me look away from her. A part of me wants to look at her but something is pulling my eyes away from her. I don't want to see her reaction.

"I- I don't like her," I replied. I don't want her to know the fact that I once courted her sister but failed.

Alexa takes her hand away from my neck and stands up. She laughed making me look at her. "You can't hide everything to me not even the fact that you courted my sister," she said causing me to stand from my chair.

"How did you -"

"Nah, remember the time when you had dinner in our house? I caught you with Jade talking about how you want her to leave Kent and chose you," she said.

"That was before Alexa."

"I know. I know. That was before. And I know that my sister will never give the attention you want. I- I just don't know if -"

"If what?" I asked as I stared intently at her waiting for her to say something but she just stared back at me. Sadness passes through her eyes.

"Tell me, are you still into my sister?" she asked.

"No," I simply replied. That's the fact. The time Jade called me to invite me at her wedding made me realize that she's really not the woman for me.

"Really?"

"Yes, why would you think that I'm still into her?"

Alexa just smiled at me. "You know; I don't want your issue with my sister to come between us. Ah, she's your first love right? And I know -"

"If you're afraid that one day I'll chose her over you then you are wrong," I said cutting her off.

"I don't want to think about you, liking me because I'm Jade's sister," she said.

"What no! No. I like you because I like you. And what I felt for Jade before has nothing to do with what I feel for you now,"

Alexa stared at me as if she's finding something that will tell her that I'm lying. When she didn't see anything, she heaved a sigh and nodded. "I believe in you but promise me one thing," she said to which I nodded.

"What is that?"

"Promise me that I will be the last woman in your life," she replied. A part of me is telling me not promise anything to her because I might hurt her but I chose the opposite.

"That's a promise," I replied as I pulled her for a hug. I kissed her hair. This woman will be the last woman in my life and I will surely do everything to make her stay in my life.

---M.F.P---