Twenty-five

Jayden Paterson

I woke up with the feeling of someone touching my face. I can feel that someone is staring at me. I smiled at the back of my head. I know who it is. I know for the fact that Alexa is having a good time studying my face. When her finger landed on my lips, that's when I didn't stop myself. I bit her finger as I opened my eyes.

Her eyes widen as it sinks in to her that I'm finally awake. I smirk. "Good morning to you too," I teasingly greeted her. Her face reddened like a tomato. Is she blushing now?

"You- you're awake?" she said that made me smile.

"Yup. And by the way, is that the way you wake up someone?" I asked as I pushed myself up to lean on the beds headboard.

I watch her as she looked away from me. "Nah, n- no. I didn't mean to wake you up like that," she replied. I smiled as her face reddened.

"Don't worry, I prefer to wake up with someone touching my face," I replied that made her look at me.

I stared at her face. She's really beautiful with or without make up. She has that kind of beauty that you can never be tired of. Once you look at her, you will immediately see and tell how beautiful she is.

But you didn't see that the first time you met her, says a part of my brain. I shake my head and focused on her. "We are going out before we go to the airport at three," I said. We will be having our flight at four.

"Where are we going?" she asked. I can't sense any kind of discomfort in her voice. And I smiled with victory because of that. I'm really happy that everything is going right between us.

"You'll see," I replied. "Go and have a bath. I'll be preparing too," I added before I pushed myself out of the bed. She copied my action. I walked towards her and pulled her to me. My hand is on her waist. I thought she'll push me away but to my surprise, she just looked up at me and smiled.

"I'll see you later," I said before I kissed her on her forehead. When she didn't do anything, I did the only thing that I have in mind. I leaned forward and gives her a kiss on her lips.

It takes us minutes before we pulled away from each other. "I didn't know that your such a fast learner," I sarcastically said. That's true. Yesterday, when she's kissing me, she still not that good kisser I imagined her to be but now, she gives me what I'm expecting. She learned fast from that kiss we shared yesterday.

"Yeah," she replied to which I smiled. "And you really look handsome when you smile a lot," he added that made me smile even more.

"Then, I should smile more often just for you," I replied. I don't know but I really meant what I said. Seeing her smile makes me want to do things for her unlike when I made her cry because of my hateful words.

"Ah, before we end to, you know -" I said that made her face reddened again. I love teasing and making her blush. "Let's just fix our things and prepare. We still have a place to go," I said before I kissed her again on her forehead. She nodded her head as she pulls away from me.

"Then, you should probably go," she said as she pushed me until I'm outside her room. "That's it. Okay, bye, bye!" she said before she locked the door. I smiled because of that.

I walked to my room which is actually just beside Alexa's room. I first have my bath. When I'm done, I pulled a blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. To complete my look, I wear a black Nike shoes and a Cartier wrist watch. I also fixed my things after I'm fully dressed. When I'm done, I took my luggage with me.

I knocked on Alexa's room and was surprised when she opened the door. She's wearing a black jeans and paired it with a polo. She's also wearing a white two-inch hills. "Where is your things?" I asked. She pulled the case where her things are.

"Ready to check out," she replied to which I nodded.

"Yeah," I replied.

I took her luggage with me as we walk towards the elevator. "Ah, you really don't need to do such thing," she said when we are finally in the reception desk.

After we are done checking out, I hired a car for us. I told the driver about our destination. Alexa was too excited when I told her that we will be going to the Paris well known Eifel Tower. She can't stop bubbling things. According to her, she has a promise to herself that she will just step on that tower once someone will ask her and take her there. And that is not just someone but a man she wished to be her husband. I can't deny the fact that I'm happy knowing that it will be her first time to be there and that is because of me.

She immediately climbed out the car once we reached our destination. I smiled as she happily took a selfie in front of the tower. "Hey, want me to take photos of you?" I asked.

Alexa immediately nodded and her smile widened. I took shots of her in different poses. I smiled as I see the results. "Oh my gosh, this are good Jayden!" she excitedly said. But her smile suddenly fades.

"What's with the sad face?" I curiously asked. She looked up at me and her face suddenly brightened.

"You know what, I have an idea," she said with cheerfulness.

"Hmm, tell me."

She walked away from me and asked a passer-by to take a photo of us. The passer-by asked something to her which she cheerfully responds. The passer by nodded and they both walked towards me. "She'll take a photo of us," says Alexa with a wide smile.

"Yeah, I guess it's a good thing for me to do for a beautiful lady like your wife," says the middle aged man.

Alexa's face reddened as she heard what the man said. "I'm not his wife," says Alexa that made me smirk.

"But will soon to be," I added that made the man smile. I can see Alexa in my peripheral vision with a shocked expression.

"Oh, how I wish my wife is still alive to see the both of you. Such a beautiful and perfect couple," says the man to which I nodded and smiled.

The man told us to make a pose for him to start taking photos. And we did. We posed for him. He took lots of shots. When the man told us to make a pose that will be memorable and a perfect one, I did the last thing I have in mind. I pulled Alexa on her hips and kissed leaned to kiss her. When she closed her eyes, I didn't hesitate to do the same. We stayed like that until the man clapped. "That's a perfect shot that I took in my whole life!" he said.

Alexa and I pulled away from each other and walks towards the man. The man handed the phone to us. "Thank you, sir!" I politely said that made him nod at me.

"Thank you very much sir. We will not forget about this good act of yours," Alexa added. Alexa also asked for the man's name to which he give cheerfully.

"I hope to see you again in this place," he said.

"Thank you. Hope to see you again too," I replied before the man leaves.

Once he is gone of sight, I took Alexa's phone away from her. She just looked at me with a questioning look. I shared our photos from her phone to mine. When I'm done, I returned the phone to her. "You could have just asked me," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"You won't allow me to have your phone," I replied. She just rolled her eyes again and walked away. I shake my head and looked at our photo. I smiled as it is perfect. The man really did a great job. I smiled once again and followed Alexa. This is quite an unexpected travel.

---M.F.P---