Twenty-four

Alexa Ramirez

I used the towel to cover myself before I heads out of the bathroom. I felt a little bit relieved once I'm done taking a bath. This day has been a tough day for me and Jayden. Lots of meetings and lots of seminars. Seminars that made me proud of Jayden. He is really famous.

Yes, we are currently in Paris. We've been here for four days and tomorrow will be our last day here. This is my fifth time to step in this country and I'm proud of myself because I'm here not because of luxury but because of work.

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, my eyes literally widened when I saw Jayden at the middle of the room. I gasped making him turn around to face me. I saw a hint of admiration in his eyes as soon as his eyes landed on me. He looked at me up and down. I also had a glance on his adams apple that moves up and down.

"W- what are you doing here?" I asked. That's the first question that I have in mind. What is he even doing here? Why did he just let himself in uninvited?

"I want to talk to you," he replied as he stares at me.

"You can just talk to me tom- tomorrow or later," I replied as I hold on the towel that is wrapped on my body. I can feel it loosened. The heck.

"Isn't it a good timing?" he suddenly said as he walks towards me wearing his signature smirk. What the heck is going on? Why is he even walking towards me? What is he up to?

I have lots of question that is playing my mind but none of those came out my mouth. I stayed frozen. When he is just meters away from me, he stopped. I silently heaved a deep sigh. I was relieved that he didn't walk closer to me.

"W- why did you - uhm, wha- what are you goi- going to tell me?" I asked. He just smirked at me.

"Why are you stuttering? Are you afraid that I'll do something?" he asked.

I swallowed. Why do I feel a strong attraction? Something is heating up inside me. "N- no. I just - I'm not really used to this- this kind of situation. No man had seen me- like this," I replied making him smirk more.

"Really. Does that mean, I'm the luckiest man?" he asked as he walks closer to me.

"Nah, what are you doing? You should stop right there!" I said as I raised my hand that is free. To my dismay, he didn't listen at all. He just keeps on doing what he is doing. I stepped back for him not to be standing close to me until my back hits the wall. Oh shit! This isn't good at all, I thought to myself. I'm cornered and I can't do anything to stop him because he is just moving towards me.

He smirked at me. "That's the end," he said. I hold the towel with both of my hands. Goodness, what is he thinking.

"I- what are you- can you just get out," I pleaded but he just looked at me.

In just a swift, he is now too close to me. His right hand is on my waist while the other is on the wall trapping me. I meet his eyes. Eyes that is full of emotions that I cannot decipher. He leaned forward until his face is just inches away from my ears. I feel goosebumps as he did that. "Are you afraid of me?" he huskily asked that triggers something inside me.

"I - I'm not. Si- sir -"

"Jayden. Call me Jayden when it's just the two of us," he said. I looked at him and meet his eyes. This has been my dream before I volunteered to be his secretary but everything changed when he told me that he will never fall for me. But now, now, what is he doing? Is he trying to test me? Is he trying to test how fool I am?

"Jay- Jayden."

"Yes?" he asked as he smirks at me. Why does he look handsome when smirking just like that?

"I- can you move away. I- I need to change," I said to which he shakes his head.

"Or better if you take this towel off of your body," he replied. I bit my lips as soon as those words comes out his mouth. He holds me closer to him and tighter. I grip the towel tighter as he did that. We just stared at each other until Jayden leaned forward and kissed me.

I wasn't expecting that. My eyes are still wide open when his lips touch mine. When his lips started to move, I closed my eyes and let him kiss me. His kisses become more passionate that I didn't stop myself from giving it back. The heat that I'm feeling a while ago suddenly rises up.

His hand that is on the wall a while ago is now holding my other hand that is tightly gripping the towel. I also felt his right arm moves. He also kissed me on my neck. Moments later, I found myself being carried by him as he kissed me passionately on my lips.

Once my back hits the bed, I immediately came back to my senses. What we are doing right now is not right at all. I may have some feelings for him but everything is not right. I push him as hard as I could until he feels on my side. I immediately push myself out of the bed.

"Get out of my room," I said as serious as I can.

Jayden stared at me before nodding. "I'm sorry. That's - that's not what I want to do," he replied making me nod.

"Let's just say, nothing happened," I said. An emotion that I cannot point passes through his eyes.

"I- yeah. I'm sorry," he said before pushing himself out of the bed. He just stared at me for a while before turning on his heel and walks towards the door without even saying anything. Once he is out, I heaved a sigh that I didn't know I've been holding. I didn't imagine myself in that kind of situation at all. Jayden just stole my first kiss in a very easy way.

I look for my pajamas and wore it. When I'm done, I dried my hair. Once everything is okay, I look for a book that I've been reading since the first night we stayed in the hotel. I really don't have anything to do and it's quite boring. Reading is my way to waste my time especially in the evening. I make myself comfortable on the bed and turned on the page where I stopped.

I decided to fall asleep when I felt my eyes becomes heavy. I closed the book and put it on top of the bedside table. I was about to close my eyes when someone knocked on my door.

I pushed myself out of the bed and went to open the door. I was not able to utter a word when I saw Jayden standing in front of me. Is he really for real? I tried to forget what had happened a while ago and now, he is here to remind me of that? "What are you doing here?" I asked.

He didn't say anything but just pushes me aside and let himself in. What an arrogant man he is. "Hey, can you get out!" I said as I followed him. I stopped on my track when he throws himself on the bed like it's his.

"What is wrong with you!" I said.

"I want to sleep here," he simply said like it's a usual thing for us to do.

"Seriously. You have your own room. Why do you still want to be here?"

"It's because I want to," he replied.

"Okay then, I'll stay in your room," I said as I grab the pillow on his side. But I've done a big mistake. He grabs me by my hand and now I'm lying beside him. He used both his hands and feet to lock me. I tried to move but he is just too strong for me.

"Jayden."

"Hmm."

"Why are you doing this?"

"It's because I want to," he replied. I feel him kiss my hair. "Let's sleep," he said with a soft tired voice. That's when I stopped moving and just let him hug me. I looked up at him. His eyes are now closed and his breathing like a baby. A small smile crept on my lips. Maybe, this is the answer to my prayers.

---M.F.P---