Forty-three

ONE YEAR LATER

Jayden Paterson

The door of my office suddenly opened. Trent appeared with a huge smile on his lips. The fuck is going on with him? "Hey, didn't you hear any news?" he asked as he arrogantly sits on the chair across me.

"What news is that?" I asked as I closed my laptop and leaned on my swivel chair. I really don't have time to hear his nonsense for now but seeing him smile like an idiot grabs my interest.

"Come on Jayden! You should not just concentrate on your company," he replied making me shake my head. "One year. It's been a year now and you only focus on your company," he added.

Trent is right. It's been a year and a lot of things happened. I made my company boom. I even travel from one country to another just for my company. My life only focuses on my business. "Tell me what the news is and get out of my office. I really don't like the way you smile," I replied making him shrug his shoulders.

"She's back," he simply replied.

I raised an eyebrow. Why does he need to make the news like it's something that I've been waiting for? "Who?"

"Ah, come on. Use your brain! Is it full of business contracts?" he sarcastically replied making me glare at him.

"Just tell me!" I replied. I'm. Already annoyed because of him. Why does he need to come and annoy me?

Trent just laughed. He is about to say something when the door opened again and another unexpected visitor appeared. I looked up and heaved a sigh. Of all days that this people will pay a visit, they chose this day that I have lots of things to do. "Hey man. It's been a while!" greets Trent to the new arrival.

"Same to you. Why are you here?" says Bryan as she pulled a chair for himself.

Trent just shrugged his shoulder. "Just want to tell him a good news, how about you?" asks Trent.

"What a coincidence," replied Bryan.

"What's that news?" asks Trent. I raised an eyebrow. Are they really talking with each other like I'm not in front of them? This men!

"I'm here! Can you tell me what the news is and get out of my office? Don't waste my time!" I said making them look at me.

"Oh, yeah. We almost forgot about the fact that this is your office. What a shame!" replies Bryan that made me glare at him.

"Alexa is back just this morning," says Trent that made me glare at him until his words sinks in.

"Alexa is back?" I asked. A burst of happiness overcomes me. Knowing that Alexa is back makes my day. It's been a year that I didn't hear anything about her. I waited for her to come back to me but I waited for nothing.

"Yes!" shouts Bryan and Trent at the same time. I glared at them.

"You don't need to shout!" I replied making them glare at me.

"So, what's the plan?" asks Bryan, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you going to plan something for her?" says Trent.

I am about to say something when, Bryan suddenly talked that made me look at him intently. "Nah, no need to plan for everything. Their family is going to throw a party for her," he said.

"Party? Welcome party?" asks Trent. Seriously? These men are talking like I'm not present?

"Nope. It's Alexa's birthday tomorrow and her homecoming is just on time," replies Bryan. I looked at the small calendar that is on top of my table. Yeah, tomorrow is Alexa's birthday. If she just arrived this morning, that means everything is already set. The party was well planned by someone.

"Do you know who organized the party?" I asked Bryan. Bryan knows everything about Alexa, meaning, he knows who prepared for everything.

"Nope," he simply replied.

"I know," says Trent. I looked at him but he just smirked at me like my life depends on him.

"Who?"

"When it comes to Alexa, you really are brainless," says Trent making me glare at him. He really wants to tease me.

"Can you just tell me everything. I really don't know if both of you are my friends or not!" I said as I heaved a sigh. I really hate these men when it comes to telling news.

"Fine, fine! Relax man!" says Bryan.

"It's her family. Now if you want to add something with the plan they already had, then, it's better to make a move now!" says Trent. And, I can't agree more. Trent is right. I really need to talk to the person who planned the party and I need to be in that party.

I glance at my wrist watch. It's already four in the afternoon. I looked at Trent and Bryan. "You need to get out of my office now. I still need to talk to someone," I said.

"Someone is on the mood to join a party!" says Trent as he wiggles his eyebrows. Bryan just shrugs his shoulders and push himself up. Trent followed. They just give me some pieces of fucking advice before leaving the office. Once they're out of sight, I called someone.

"What do you need?" asks someone from the other line.

"Man, can you help me with something?" I asked. The person on the other line just laughed.

"Seems like I already know what that means," he replied.

"Yeah. Seems like everybody knows about it. Only stupid human being will not know it," I sarcastically replied making him laugh again.

"Yeah. So what do you want?"

"Help," I replied.

"I know. Don't be sarcastic. You're the one who needs help not me."

I just smirked and tell the person on the other line what I needed. When he agreed to what I told him, I immediately fixed my things and find my way out my office. I first instructed Julia and Jane of the things they need to do before leaving the building.

I drive out of the building and went to the restaurant that Kent and I talked about. Right, the person that I talked with a while ago is Kent. He is the only person I know that can help me with my plan.

Once I'm in the restaurant, a familiar face suddenly approached me in my table. "Hey, Jayden! It's been a year now since we last talked."

"Grace!" I replied as I smiled at her.

"Yes, it's me," she replied.

I looked at her up and down. She changed a lot. Her colored hair is now plain black. She is now wearing a dress that is not revealing at all. Her body is fully covered and I can say that I'm impressed and surprised. "You- you've changed a lot!" I said to which she nodded.

"And that is because of your mother."

I nodded. Well, I'll give all the credits to my mother. She has done a great job. "How are you?"

"I'm fine and I have something to tell you," she replied.

"And that is?" I asked with raised eyebrow.

Grace showed me her finger with a ring on it. "You're engaged?"

"Yep. Not to a rich man but to a religious one," she replied making me nod. Now, that's the reason with the sudden change I'm seeing. It's really true that once you met the right person for you, your life will be changed. I'm really happy for her. Despite everything that had happened, Grace finally meet the man for her.

I'm about to say something when the person I'm about to meet appeared. I smiled and push myself up from my seat. Grace also turned to face the person. "Jade," I said.

---M.F.P---