Five

Jayden Paterson

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around the room until my eyes landed to a woman sleeping beside me. Her hands are on my stomach. I push her away from me and entangled the sheets off of my body. I drop my feet on the cold floor and picked up the scattered clothes of mine and heads towards the bathroom.

I immediately opened the shower and let myself feel the cold water on my body. I relaxed myself. While having a good time with the cold water, memories from last night suddenly came into view. I really had a fun night with Grace.

I fetch Grace from the airport and we immediately had our romantic time. I also give her a welcome party to which she really enjoyed. Grace is my on and off girlfriend. For some they call it friends with benefits. And, yeah, I can't go with that kind of definition because I don't consider her as a friend.

And yesterday, she just arrived from Los Angeles. Once I'm done, I walked outside the bathroom with only a piece of towel covering the lower part of my body.

Grace is already awake the time I comes out from the bathroom. "Hey, woke up early, are you in a hurry?" she asks as she walks towards me looking at me seductively.

I immediately stopped her. We may be off and on boyfriends and girlfriends but still I'm the one who is in control and to be followed. Everything that I ask her to do, she needs to do it if she doesn't want me to end her career.

Yes, I'm the one who makes her name famous. That is why she always follow what I ask her to do. "But honey, I want you to stay here in my apartment first," she said as she pouts.

"I don't think it's time for me to stay. I have lots of things to do in my office. If you want, you can visit me there," I said making her smile.

"Yes. I'll certainly visit you there but not today. I still have photoshoot to attend," she replied to which I nodded.

I really don't want to hear anything from her regarding her career. What I need is her presence in my bed. I really don't have attached feelings for her. Maybe she does have feelings for me, but I don't want to acknowledge it. Knowing her, she might be doing things that will drag my name into mud. She's a total bitch. She even confronts women that I date.

"Good," I replied before I walk towards her closet and get my clothes. Yes, I have clothes here in her apartment. As I said, we always have time to see each other.

Once I'm done changing, I went out of her apartment without saying anything to her. I drive towards my office. I glance at my wrist watch and it reads eight. Damn, I have an appointment at seven thirty at the company's conference room.

I immediately climbed out of my car when I found a perfect spot to park it. The guard immediately greeted me. I see some of my employees stare at me with lust as I pass by them but ignored them. I'm really used to that kind of look I receive from women.

"Sir Jayden, Mr. Cook is already in the conference room. Been waiting you for thirty minutes," Alexa informed me.

"Why didn't you let him go?" I asked as we walk towards the conference room.

"I told him that you'll not be here soon and that he can leave but he just told me that he will wait for you," she said.

I stopped on my track and turned around to face her but she just bumped into my chest. She was about to fell on the ground but I immediately grab her by her waist. That's the first time I physically touches her. Her eyes were closed when I caught her.

She opened her eyes slowly and meet my eyes. It's also my first time to closely study her face. She really has a small round face with round hazel brown eyes, her skin is indeed flawless and her lips - those lips are a perfect example of kissable lips. By just staring at it makes me want to kiss her.

She cleared her throat that brought me back to my senses. She slowly pulled herself away from me and distance herself. Her face reddened like a tomato. I silently cursed myself as those thoughts came into my mind. How can I think about kissing her? She's the last woman I wanted to be related with. I don't know but the first time I laid an eye on her, the only feeling that I have for her is hate. Hate even without any reason.

"Look at where you're walking," I said.

"But, you abruptly stopped on your track. I- I'm checking on -"

"Whatever. Next time make sure that you focus on your steps. Something like what happened a while ago might happen again," I said interrupting whatever she's about to say.

I don't want to give her the satisfaction that I am on the wrong side and she's the one who is telling the truth. I want her to realize that in this building, I am the boss and the king. She is just a servant that needs to follow every order that I'll tell her.

I turned around and walk briskly inside the conference room. Mr. Cook is comfortably sitting at one of the chairs with his own secretary. Her secretary's eyes suddenly lit up as soon as her eyes landed on me.

"Mr. Cook, I'm sorry for making you wait for my arrival. I had lots of things to do before coming over," I said. Yes, I can easily say that I had important matters to do and people will believe me.

"That's fine with me. Your secretary is too kind to accommodate us. She's your company gem," says Mr. Cook as he looks at Alexa intently. The way he looks at him makes me quite uncomfortable and I don't even know why.

"Ah, just like your secretary," I replied making her secretary blush.

Mr. Cook glance at her secretary before he smiled at me. "Yes, everyone in my company is a gem. That is why I give them fair and right treatment," he replied making me nod nonchalantly.

Mr. Cook and I started with the meeting and discussed about the project that we both agreed to put up. Well, I can say that Mr. Cook really is a good partner. He's been my company's partner for almost six years now and every project of ours are good. "I guess that's all for today," Mr. Cook said as he nods.

"Just contact me through my secretary if you still have some things to discuss to me," I replied to which he nodded.

"I will certainly do that. After all, your secretary is accommodating," he replied. That's when I glanced at Alexa who is smiling. I cleared my throat that make her look at me. Her smile immediately fades as she saw my serious face.

"Uhm, just send me an e-mail sir so that I can easily set a date and time for the two of you to further discuss," she said as she looks away from me.

Mr. Cook and his secretary stands up from their seats. We copied their actions. Mr. Cook stretched his hands for a shake hand that I immediately accept. He did the same to Alexa but adds up something. He kisses her hand making her smile. Alexa even ushered them out of the conference room. And I hate what I just saw. I know Mr. Cook is a married man but something deep inside me wants to punch the old man. I don't care if he is my friend's father.

---M.F.P---