Ten

Alexa Ramirez

I immediately followed Jayden in his office. He is kind of mad when he asked me to come in his office and I don't want him to be pissed even more. If that will happen, he will surely kick me out of the company and I will not be having another chance to be with him. And that's I'm afraid of. For me to loss the chance given to me by his father.

Jayden's back is facing me the time I stepped inside his office. As usual, he is wearing a suit. Both his hands are in his pocket. Even his back looks sexy.

"You still have time to chat with your colleagues after being late huh?" he said without even glancing at me. The only emotion that I can sense from his voice is anger.

"Jane just asked me something Jayden," I replied.

"Sir," he said as he faces me.

I met his eyes with curiosity. "You should address me sir not by my name. You are not my wife or my woman. You are just my secretary and you are working for me. You don't have the right to call me by my name," he replied making me blush.

"I'm sorry Jayden - I mean, sir," I replied.

"Did Bryan talk to you?" he asked.

"Who is Bryan?" I asked him back.

"Mr. Cook's son," he replied.

"No sir. I - I didn't receive any message from Mr. Cook."

Jayden nodded and walks towards his swivel chair. "Mr. Cook is impressed by how you treated him and I don't know what you did to make him adore you. And now, he is planning to introduce you to Bryan. But I already talked to my friend and he said he is not interested in you," he said. I just stared at him. Why is he even telling me all these things? I'm not even interested in him. And, I really don't have the interest to get to know him.

"Then we are both not interested seeing each other. What's the big deal sir?"

"I'm just telling you about it as early as now. You might be waiting for him, well, I really don't know."

I smiled at him. "Sir, I'm not interested to any man aside from you. I only have one man in my eyes and that is you, don't forget about that," I replied making him hit the table that made a loud thud.

"Will you stop with your nonsense! You're giving me a headache! How can't you not understand it? I don't like you and I will never will like nor love you! You are just a plain woman to me. Nothing more nothing less!" he said. I should be hurt by his words but I'm already used to it. I've heard him telling those words to me for a thousand times now and I'm already used to it. That won't hurt me.

"How can't you also understand the fact that I like you. I love you. I'm doing these things for you," I replied as I stare at him intently.

Silence filled the room while we just stared at each other. "Why are we even talking about this nonsense!" says Jayden that breaks the silence. I looked away. I don't even know.

"I don't know. You're the one who started it," I replied.

"Am I the one?" he sarcastically said causing me to look at him.

"Do you have anything to tell me?" I asked diverting the topic. I don't want to piss him further.

"I just want to talk to you about Bryan," he simply said. "You may now go," he added.

I nodded my head and turned on my heel. I walk towards the door and is about to open it when Jayden called for my name. "Take this flowers with you," he said. I turned to face him again and my eyes landed on the flower in the vase. I immediately walk towards it and picked it before heading out of his office.

Since the day I started working as his secretary, I make sure that a vase of flower is displayed in his office table. Will, that will bring a view to his table aside from those piled up papers. Normally, Jayden doesn't comment about it. He just let it stay there. Today is the first time that he asks me to take the flower away.

"What did he tell you?" asks Jane who is waiting on my desk.

"Something that is not even important," I replied as I put the vase on top of my table. If he doesn't want it, then I could have it.

"Nothing important but look at you. It's as if someone did something wrong. Did he bully you again?" asks Jane.

"Bully me? Nah. Why would he even do that?" I asked.

Jane shrug her shoulder. "Because he really loves bullying you. That's what we observed."

"That's not true. He just wants me to be efficient at work that is why he is asking me to do things," I replied.

"That's not what I mean," she said. When I didn't say anything, he went back to her desk and continued working.

I heaved a deep. I opened my laptop and started with my work. I'm in the middle of my work when Jayden's word keeps playing my mind. I stopped typing and closed my eyes.

I leaned on my swivel chair and tried to relax. I started thinking about what is happening. Months passed by but nothing is happening with my said mission. My efforts are still in vain. Jayden is still too far away to reach.

He has been telling painful things to me but I closed my ears. He always shows his hate towards me but I still keep on going. My sister and some of my concerned colleagues are even telling me to stop with my illusion. But still, I ignore them.

A loud thud on my table brought me back to my senses. I straightened myself when I saw an angry Jayden standing just across me. "Why are you still chilling?" he asked.

"I'm not chilling. I'm just trying to have some rest. My eyes are kind of itchy and besides, this is the last paper that I'm going to do today. Once I'm done -"

"You are not still done. You still have lots of things to do," he said as he points at the new pile of folders in front of me. I looked at him with wide eyes. Where did those even came from?

"But - sir, those, I've finished all the papers you ask me to do yesterday."

"Those are the paper from yesterday. This are for today," he replied. I heaved sigh and nodded.

"Just tell me if you're already tired. I can tell my dad that you are the one who gave up. I can hire another secretary of mine. That's an easy task for me to do," he said.

"No, no. I can do this. This are just piece of cakes," I replied. If I say piece of cakes, I mean it. I've been used to this since day one that I started working for him. I don't expect him to give me light work. I know that because his goal is for me to leave his company but I won't let that to happen. I'll stay until I get what I want.

"Make sure to finish this papers until this afternoon. I'll be needing those papers early morning," he said to which I nodded.

After he left to his office, I immediately work on the papers one by one. During lunch break, I went to Jayden's office and gave him the launch that I prepared for him. I don't care if he doesn't eat it. The important thing for me is for him to know that I'm concerned about him by giving him a food for launch.

---M.F.P---