Twenty-one

Alexa Ramirez

I exhaled as soon as I climbed out of my car. Today, I'm at Jayden's place. I walk inside and a middle age woman meet me at the entrance door. She greeted me with pure cheerfulness. She offered a glass of juice which I politely declined. I told her that I'll just be having it later if I'll stay long. She understood what I mean and just told me where Jayden is.

I walk towards his office. Yeah, typical rich men. They have offices in their house. I went upstairs and passed by four rooms before I finally stands in front of his office. I knocked and finally pushed open the door when I heard him say it's open.

Once I'm inside I saw him sitting on his chair like a king. Yeah, he is definitely the king in this house and place. This is his kingdom. A quiet one, I thought to myself.

"You ask me to come sir," I said to which he nodded.

"No good morning?" he asked with raised eyebrow. I smiled at him and greeted him. It's not really my usual way of greeting him. It's quite forced.

"I want you to work here."

"And why is that? You don't want my presence," I simply replied. I'm really confused on how he acts now. It's very unusual.

"Just stay and do what I say. No more questions," he replied making me roll my eyes. "And don't ever roll your eyes on me. It's not making you look good," he coldly added.

"I want you to be here because I'll be having a meeting later and I want you to list down everything that we will be talking about," he said as he sits down his swivel chair.

He motioned me to sit at the couch and started instructing me on what I needed to do. He gives two folders and asked me to read and analyze everything in it. When the clock strikes nine, Jayden had his meeting. As her secretary, I did my job. I prepared myself and started taking down notes. And that's what I did. I busied myself doing what he instructed me to do. It's already pass ten when the meeting finally ended. I was relieved that it immediately ended.

I immediately started fixing the paper and fix the notes. I was too engrossed with what I'm doing that I didn't notice the time. If not because of Jayden, I'll stay busy.

"Lunch," says Jayden who is standing up from his chair. I looked at him and nods my head reluctantly.

"I didn't notice the time," I replied as I close the folder and fix the paper that is on the desk.

"Is that how you work? Not minding the time everytime you have piles of paper on your desk?"

"Yeah," I simply replied as I shrug my shoulder.

Jayden just stared at me and heaved a sigh. "Let's just go downstairs and have our lunch," he said and walks towards the door.

I watch him opened the door. I thought he'll walk away but he suddenly turned towards me. I raised an eyebrow. "W-what?" I stuttered.

"Are you not going out? You're not having lunch?" he asked with raised eyebrow.

I smiled. "Of course I will."

Jayden nodded. "Then get up!" he said.

I bit my lip and nodded. I push myself out of the seat and walks towards him. He motioned me to go first and I didn't say anything. I just thank him and headed outside. I can feel his eyes on my back. Our steps are the only sound that I can hear.

Once we are at the kitchen, his maid served us the food they prepared. And I can say that these foods are good by just its smell. "Are you done having launch?" I asked one of his maids.