Seventeen

Alexa Ramirez

Sunday. I pushed myself out of the bed and dropped my feet on the cold floor. I headed towards the bathroom and had my bath. When I'm done, I changed into my oversized t-shirt. I pulled a white short shorts to compliment my style.

I headed downstairs and strode in the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water. Once I'm done drinking the water, I make a coffee for myself and headed to the back of the house. That's a perfect place to stay in the morning.

"Good morning sweety!" I turned around and smiled as I see my mother walking towards me. She kissed me on my forehead and sits beside me.

"How is your night?" she asked making me shrug my shoulder. I don't know. I've been thinking about lots of things this past few days. Aside from personal things, there is still lots of works that I need to think.

"You look tired. Are you not happy with your work? Or you are just too tired?" asks my mother. I really don't know if what she's trying to say.

"Just fine. I love what I'm doing. And I'm quite getting used to it," I replied making her nod. She let out a sigh and stared at me.

"Just tell us if you want to quit your job because your father has a great surprise for you," she said while her eyes is twinkling.

"What is it? Is it something that I love?" I asked that made her shake her head.

"Nah, I'm not the one who you need to ask about it. It's your father. I love you but I don't want your father to get mad at me," she replied. I smiled. My mom's loyalty and faithfulness to my mother is really on another level.

"Okay, seems like you cannot really tell me about it. Where is dad. I didn't see him this past two days," I asked instead. I really didn't see my father for a while and I kind of miss him.

"Uh, he is still on a trip," she replied making me nod. My mom didn't say things anymore. We just stayed there in silence. Even if my mom wouldn't ask me anything, I know the fact that she has lots of things in mind to ask me. I'm willing to answer those questions she has but I wanted her to ask me first.

"I'll go upstairs mom," I said when I didn't hear anything from her. My mom just nodded and tell me to not do anything and just have a rest.

I throw myself on the bed once I reach my room. I looked up at the ceiling and heaved a deep sigh. A sad smile suddenly crept on my lips.

It's been days since the incident in Jayden's office happened. And since that day, I interact with him less. I also stopped doing the usual things I do for him. I just go in the office and do everything that he'll ask me to do. I became his real time secretary.

"I didn't knock besides your door room is open," says Jade who just walked towards my bed. I pushed myself up for me to lean on my bed's headboard. I pulled a pillow and put it on my lap.
I watch her as she sits down at the edge of my bed.

"Hmm. You always barged in. I am getting used to it," I replied making her shrug.

"How's your work?" she asked.

"Fine. Quite tiring but, uh, it's still fulfilling," I replied.

"Is it because of Jayden? When will you realize that Jayden is not the guy for you? You see, he is -"

"I know. I know and I - I already stopped," I replied as I look away from her. I thought she'll be sad or she'll say something like a simple comforting word but I received the opposite. She clapped her hands and screams.

"Are you fucking serious now?" I said as I glared at her.

"Well, I'm seriously happy. At last you finally realized the fact that Jayden doesn't deserve the attention you are giving him," she said.

"But Jade, I still love him," I honestly replied. Even if I stopped doing things that I usually do like preparing foods for him or sending him messages every hour, I can't still stop myself from loving him. I do love him and I don't know why.

"Come on! Wake up! You're just infatuated to him. Once you meet a man that will show affection to you, you'll surely set your feelings for him aside. I'm telling you," says Jade with a small smile on her lips.

"I don't know. Maybe - ugh, just let me handle thing on my own," I replied. I know my sister is concerned about me that is why she's saying these things to me. And I really do appreciate it but I can't fight how I feel.

"Fine, fine. I'll pray for your fast recovery, don't worry," she said as she smiles at me.

I smiled back at her. "How about you and Kent?"

Jade just smiled. Her smile says it all. Her smile reaches her ears and I can say that she is really happy with whatever she has with Kent now. "We are fine. We are already talking about our wedding. I want to have a simple wedding. Just both our family and some friends," she replied making me nod. I'm really happy about the fact that my sister is happy with her life now.

"Ah, I can't wait for your baby to be born. I'll surely spoil her," I said making her smile.

"Yeah, I know. You love babies. We are kind of opposite," she replied making me look at her intently.

"You don't like babies? You mean, you don't like t- the baby?" I curiously asked.

Jade just smiled. "No, that's not what I mean. I'm just kind of not really sure. I'm both excited and afraid," she replied.

I really don't know how she really feel. "Maybe that's just a normal feeling especially that it's your first time," I said as I smiled at her. I don't really know what to say because I don't have the experience of being pregnant.

"Heyy, I want to eat something," she suddenly said out of the blue.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Ice cream and a mango," she said as she pouted. I looked at her with furrowed brows.

"Seriously? A mango and an Ice cream at this time?"

Jade shrugged her shoulder. "Cravings," she replied making me nod. I ask her to order something and that is what she did. She ordered five kilos of mango and boxes of ice cream.

---M.F.P---