Fifteen

Alexa Ramirez

The next day, I woke up with more energy. I let everything go and embrace another day. Last night, I had a talk with my sister and she told me everything. And those things she told me about Jayden, made me realize things. Maybe she's right. My sister is right after all these years. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop not unless Jayden will do something.

I reach for my phone at my bedside table and directly search for Jayden's name. As usual, I'll be sending him a morning text. Once the message is sent, I went to the bathroom and do my morning rituals. When I'm done, I headed outside.

Yeah, it's still five and I still have time to cook something for Jayden. I still have much time to change my clothes. One of our maid is already in the kitchen when I entered. She greeted me and I did the same. "You can have a rest first for a while. I'll be the one to cook," I told her. She immediately followed what I told her and headed outside.

Once she's out of sight, I immediately started cooking. I know, Jayden will surely eat the food I'm going to cook for today. At exactly six thirty, I'm done with what I'm doing. I even had my breakfast. I rushed to my room and fixed myself. I change into my office attire. I put a light make-up and put my hair in a perfect bun. When I'm totally satisfied with how I look, I went to the kitchen and pack Jayden's lunch.

"Did you have your breakfast?" asks my dad who just descended from the stairs.

I stopped on my track and walks towards him. I hug him and give him a kiss on his cheek. Even if I'm in a hurry, I still give time to whatever my parents are telling me. I don't care if that's the reason for me to be late or what. "Yeah, I'm actually done," I replied as I pulled away from him.

"That's good then. And are those for Jayden again?" he asks as he points at the plastic bag I'm holding.

"Yeah. I want him to have a taste of what I cooked today," I replied. My father just smiled at me.

"I'll get going dad. I'll be late. Don't worry, I left something for all of you to eat including our friends," I said mentioning about the maids. Yeah, my dad doesn't want us to call them our maids. He wants us to call them our friends.

"Yeah, yeah. Take good care of yourself," he replied before I gave him one last kiss and heads outside. I slide myself in the car and drive off the busy street.

It took me almost twenty minutes before I finally parked my car in front of the Paterson's company building. I climbed out of the car and entered the building. The guard greeted me with cheerfulness as usual to which I gave him back.

I heaved a deep sigh when I finally reach my desk. I glance at my wrist watch and smiled. I'm on time. Jayden will not say anything to me. I put the plastic bag on top of my desk and went inside his office. He is still missing in action. I walk towards the vase that is on the side of his table and takes the flower I put in it yesterday. It's still in good condition but I wanted to put a fresh one in the vase. I put the flower I just bought while I'm on my way.

When I'm satisfied with how I put it, I again put the vase back on his table. I throw the flower in the bin. When I'm done with my purpose, I headed outside. I was about to sit on my swivel chair when Jayden appeared. I greeted him but he just ignored me like he heard nothing. I watch him walk inside his office.

I just skook my head and walked towards my seat and started working. All the energy I have this morning suddenly vanished. It's like someone sip it. I'm already in the middle of my work when someone interrupted me. "Hey, hey. Why do I feel like you're tired?"

I looked up and saw Jane standing across me with her hands crossed on her chest. "Nah, I'm just overthinking," I replied.

"That's the same. You're overthinking that is why you look tired," she said making me look at her with a raised eyebrow.